Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

I've just discovered a slight error in the resource wad which could cause confusion. I will give Joshy a new link to the fixed wad. He will then give you all a new link.

Until then don't use the one listed.

I've decided to name my MAP03 Temple of Cetza. It will be submitted in the next few days.

I've made a few maps in the last few days, but I've not forgotton about this! I'll be sure to make the changes to my map in the next few days so that it dodges the HOM problem and, with luck, plays closer to the expected standard.

MAP03 is done and PM sent to Joshy.

But if this project goes dead I will release the map as a stand alone map. I'm hoping it comes back to life.

pcorf said:

MAP03 is done and PM sent to Joshy.

But if this project goes dead I will release the map as a stand alone map. I'm hoping it comes back to life.

I'm pretty sure this won't be dead. I didn't let Speed of Doom go away, so I won't let this one either. ;-)

Joshy said:

I'm pretty sure this won't be dead. I didn't let Speed of Doom go away, so I won't let this one either. ;-)

SOD was a great megawad.

I'm looking forward to this one when its finished.

I'm still waiting for a reply from some playtesters before I can send in the final version of my MAP02. But as it is now, it's as good as finished, so if for some reason all other maps are done and I still haven't heard word of some playtesters, I'll send in the current version (version 2).

Oh hey, I forgot to mention I started something a few days ago. It's coming along ok; I'm doing the macro structures and layout first and then detailing and polishing afterwards. That way I don't accidentally bust through the vanilla limits. Work-in-progress name for the map is "Atlatl". Oh and I'm 99% sure it's going to be an episode 1 map. I'll post some progress shots sometime soon :)

Sorry, but I would like to give up my map slot. I don't have much created and i'm out of ideas so someone else could take a shot at it.

I restart from scratch my part on valkiriforce's map 32, because the heights force me to adapt my ideas.

imp lord2 said:

Sorry, but I would like to give up my map slot. I don't have much created and i'm out of ideas so someone else could take a shot at it.

If that's MAP24 and no-one else wants it or minds I could have a go.

I finished up my map today :D. I wasn't sure if I should post a link to it here or just send it to Joshy...I think to be on the safe side I'll just send it to Joshy. And then maybe I'll throw a link up for public consumption if that's encouraged. I'm still doing the final bits of playtesting anyways.

Well here are some shots (taken in ZDoom):

So it's really brown. I must have been in a brown mood or something :P. This took me about 4 days/20-ish hours to finish. Gameplay is of the non-linear nature and the map is relatively interconnected. The playtime probably ranges anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the difficulty, so it's pretty lengthy given it's size. I don't know that it's directly inspired from any particular map in Plutonia though. The architecture and layout is definitely of my own style but the overall feel of the map is Plutonia-ish. I do remember Plutonia being balls-hard though and I think this map should suffice in that regard. I think for what it is, it's a tribute to Plutonia via Mechadon :). Oh and I changed my mind; I think I'd rather it be a ep3 map. And the name of the map is "Atlatl". Currently I'm using the E2M4 track but if someone would like to take the time to compose a new track for it, I have no objections.

I'm testing in ChocoDoom and, so far, I'm able to get 100% kills/secrets and I haven't ran into any VPOs or HOMs. That's not to say there aren't any though. Some areas of the map were getting really close to going over the limits. I think I nailed all of the problem areas, but some may still remain. I'll leave those up to the testers to find though. And then other areas could probably do with a little more detail too, but I think I'm going to leave it as it is. The clean, oldschool look is really nice and fits in well with the style, I think.

Hopefully it doesn't suck and/or is a complete departure from the Plutonia-style :P. I had fun building it though. Let me know what you guys think.

I must say these screenshots look really nice! I like the non-linear and very spacious feel of the map. It feels quite epic as well, seems like a really good map to me that I'm looking forward to playing =)

waverider said:

I must say these screenshots look really nice! I like the non-linear and very spacious feel of the map. It feels quite epic as well, seems like a really good map to me that I'm looking forward to playing =)

Agree. It's very nice!

Mechadon said:

I finished up my map today :D. I wasn't sure if I should post a link to it here or just send it to Joshy...I think to be on the safe side I'll just send it to Joshy. And then maybe I'll throw a link up for public consumption if that's encouraged. I'm still doing the final bits of playtesting anyways.

It's fine if you wish for your map to be publicly tested. The least you can do is to send to the playtesters, they'll be of great help. ;-)

4mer said:

If that's MAP24 and no-one else wants it or minds I could have a go.

Sure thing, have a crack mate.

Glad you like the shots guys :). I'll throw the map to the official playtesters first and then, after making any changes based off of their feedback, I'll think about putting up a public link.

Joshy said:

Sure thing, have a crack mate.

Thanks, I'll be back in the next 2/3 weeks hopefully with a map for testing.

I recently sent an updated version of my MAP03 to Joshy. Hope you got it.

15 maps completed already, sounding very good.

I'll do a second map. Umm will do MAP19.

Already drawn out a plan on paper!

The map will be named "Zry"

I didn't know that chocorenderlimits was linked to my former domain :X. That domain expired, so here is the new permanent link. Update the first post as you may.

johnfulgor said:

I like those screenshots. Looks a lot like a tomb or crypt. It may fit in with this, I'm no Plutonia expert as I don't play Plutonia all too often. I'm sure some variation to the project would be nice, though ;-)

Screenshots from my MAP19!

A small map that is aimed at hefty fights. Note: the final map will probably have some slight enhancements.

Okay... so it just occurred to me that, in my moving/internetless period (~ 1 month) I've missed a lot of maps that needed playtesting. I'd just like to say this now:

If anyone who's map i haven't playtested would still like some input, please PM me. Sorry for the inconsistency so far, but said issue has been resolved and I should be able to have somewhat prompt response.