Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Supplice - Out now on Steam!

Those drone in Episode 3 are nasty, but im not sure they really fit in to the game they seems out of place, but maybe it's just me..

50 minutes ago, Polyder said:

Those drone in Episode 3 are nasty, but im not sure they really fit in to the game they seems out of place, but maybe it's just me..

I would not say that they are not appropriate. Complicated? Yes, and only in large quantities.

Seriously, "E3M1: TERMINAL MELT" is both in the Demo and in Early Access too stuffy. And about Cramped Rooms with a Bunch of Enemies - it's just sadism! How did I pass it for My Review? The devil knows me! Although I like the design of the Level itself.

Someone will even say: "But on E1M3: OUTPOST ROMEDA was also!" Yes, it was! But they didn't throw Strong Monsters at you right away, but gradually. First the Weak Ones and only by the end of the Strongest Ones with a Horde of Weak Monsters! And it wasn't Dark on the Surface either! Sometimes I had to increase the Brightness of the Screen to see the enemies.

I was thinking...what about adding a auto save everytime you press on the terminal and go though all the pages of it? it would make the game more balanced in terms of saving your progress, of course manual saving must be removed

2 hours ago, Polyder said:

I was thinking...what about adding a auto save everytime you press on the terminal and go though all the pages of it? it would make the game more balanced in terms of saving your progress, of course manual saving must be removed

Autosave on Terminal? Maybe as a option because the Dev's don't know the player HP and could make a cycle of Death.

Remove manual saves? No, the option it's really handy on how much the laters levels are really that big to explore.

7 hours ago, Polyder said:

Auto-save after each Terminal? No, in my opinion, it looks stupid, considering how many Lore will be written. And there are quite a lot of Terminals. You can only add at specific moments: either after selecting the Key, or before a hard battle.

And in general: "Too lazy to save yourself?" I've never liked a similar feature in Games. The only Exceptions are Control Points and Specific Locations. Probably, this is one of those functions that I don't like in GZDOOM.

And that's what I still don't understand. Why hasn't anyone from the Creators of Source ports thought of sewing HP Bar yet? Yes, it makes DOOM a little easier, since you know how much Health Monsters have, but I can't play without such a Mini-Mod anymore. At least from HP Bar from Nash added.

3 hours ago, Blacklight said:

And that's what I still don't understand. Why hasn't anyone from the Creators of Source ports thought of sewing HP Bar yet? Yes, it makes DOOM a little easier, since you know how much Health Monsters have, but I can't play without such a Mini-Mod anymore. At least from HP Bar from Nash added.

Because you can just like... Load it up? that mod isn't restricted to be from Doom only you know.

Just bunch of my options:

Air locks on new map works fine, just like they should in real life. I understood in combat scenarios - when You need to quick move back and hide air locks can be stressful with how they lock You inside and You need to wait to open them again. Maybe add button just like in Doom3 for manual chamber cycling?

Saving on text terminals are bad idea since You can rush to text terminal without killing monsters and with low health You will lock on Your game progress. It could work if terminals heal You. Manual quick saves any time are better option. Eventually game could auto save when You find room with supplies or before entering arena with many monsters, Eventually after finding important key/button. 

There could be option for silent protagonist, simple check box near music/sound effects slider would be enough.

In my humble opinion it would be great if heroine got spoken lines - one per level. Not action oriented one liners like in Duke 3d, but single short comment of her per every level about important objectives or her observations. Something to learn about her personality. 

Also in my taste every creature fits perfect Your game. I would not cut any monster, maybe just change their placement for better combat flow/gameplay.

and for last one, please release it on GoG, but I understood it is more publisher decision. 

Actually the dev want to implement my auto save on terminal, they were already planning to do so, i think it's a beautiful idea, manual saving are not good for the game it make the game less challenging and boring

We won't be removing or discouraging the ability to manually save. Adding autosaves is more of a safety net for folks who forget.

Ahhh… looks amazing, gameplay looks solid n’beefy and that it would be fun ( tough-ish, kinda hard, could be slaughtered if not careful or if you get too bold and underestimate your enemies , or think “well, that’s the last of them, I’ve cleared ‘em all out”— uh uh not so fast there cowboy !! Could be challenging ( to say the least. I looked at the demo on Steam,  couldn’t “check it out/play it/take it for a test drive”… appears to be for Windows only… didn’t see an Apple ( Mac ) symbol… maybe saw a steam symbol…. So I’m guessing Windows only ???  Rats !!! No play for me-just watch YouTube videos… can anyone confirm/deny this? 

Well i just don't like manual saving, it makes the game too easy, if they implement them on terminal i'll only use those

4 hours ago, Polyder said:

it makes the game too easy,

Then don't use it. You have agency over your own actions.

It's too tempting lol, but if terminals come with saving at least i have a reason to not use them

22 hours ago, Polyder said:

Well i just don't like manual saving, it makes the game too easy, if they implement them on terminal i'll only use those

So basically Marathon right?

Anyway congrats you surpassed doom 2 at least for me, i like the menacing of the initial monsters, they are far more dangerous than imp demon zombie pink etc... also i like that u can go underwater or poison, there is a bit of duke nukem which is always welcome(could be cool if there are more things that can be destroyed, but the doom engine can't handle that i suppose) and last but not last, the weapons are top notch, just fix the slagger lol

Edited by Polyder

Any ETA of Episode 2?

Honestly, I was hoping for a faster cadence on episodes, given that on the Steam page it reads they were planning for a 2-3 months in between episodes. They already failed on that schedule for the second episode, lol. 

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

Any ETA of Episode 2?

Honestly, I was hoping for a faster cadence on episodes, given that on the Steam page it reads they were planning for a 2-3 months in between episodes. They already failed on that schedule for the second episode, lol. 

Funny you say that, because Episode 2 is planned to release this Realms deep, according to the most recent update.

16 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

I'm pulling a DUSK and waiting for this to be finished, plenty other things to play in the meantime (and Doom.)

I agree with this notion. I have a nasty backlog to get through... plus REKKR which is already awaiting a purchase on Steam too, haha.

I've only gotten through E2M1 so far, but what a start for the episode! The atmosphere was legitimately creepy and I felt unnerved in parts. The use of puzzle solving to rid the level of enemies was quite clever too. This is definitely a level where you need to be careful and not recklessly tread into the open! 

On 10/26/2023 at 11:48 PM, Lila Feuer said:

I'm pulling a DUSK and waiting for this to be finished, plenty other things to play in the meantime (and Doom.)

Ironically, DUSK was probably the only game I got in Early Access. So unlike you, I am not going to pull a DUSK there... :P

I am still very much looking forward to the final release!