• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

gaspe said:

This is going to be a very big one
http://i.imgur.com/yfvOEmV.jpg

That reminds me of Eternal Doom's map12.

Great level with utterly horrendous and insufferable monster placement and gameplay.

Just don't load those little red alcoves with chaingunners and you'll be off to a good start.

With all the various female Doom player sprites popping up, it'd be interesting to get some for Heretic and Hexen as well.

For Heretic, we just need a female elf.

For Hexen, maybe a rogue and a warlock (EDIT: or indeed a witch, as scifista42 suggested - too much DnD on the brain!) as counterparts to Hexen 2's assassin and its expansion's demoness (as Hexen's fighter, mage, and cleric were essentially represented by Hexen 2's paladin, necromancer and crusader). Of course then we'd new weapon sets for those as well.

^Witches. Sounds good. Once I've tried to find a 3D-game spriteset of a witch and couldn't find any. We need some.

cant remember if i put this ones here, they wehre done before the femplayre

fem enemie, done from scratch, except for face wich was stolen from scalliano sprite

edits of yura's succu

@ Dave the Daring:

Pretty textures and details; but I hope it won't stay "fullbright".

LigH said:

@ Dave the Daring:

Pretty textures and details; but I hope it won't stay "fullbright".

Thanks. Don't worry though, there will be light variation. I tend to leave the lighting until I have the details pretty much locked in. I'll also try to leave some space in case I want to add very specific lighting effects.

This'll probably be my last for a while..

Having just caught up on the past few pages, your shots look very nice Dave - uncluttered/clean design, with good attention to texture selection and alignment, and some interesting looking structures. Looking forward to seeing more!

Guest Unregistered account
raymoohawk said:

fem player maybe

Great, much better than those slightly sexist and stereotypical sprites where they compress them to make them super-thin then haphazardly dot red lipstick on (over their helmet).

Joe667 said:

(over their helmet).

over their helmet lol! havent seen that, any case glad you guys are liking them, i plan to develop them to full sprite sheets once im done with the freedoom stuff

anyway got permission from vader to use his flesh spawn for the libre monster pack, so here is mock up of what it might become

a pinky like monster i call the gluton, the body was done from scratch, the head was edited from the flesh spawn

thanks, hopefully it will be easely to continue thanks to vader suplying the flesh spawn. do you think the legs are too thin?

Slightly so, on the other hand they look very muscular (better for running than bold ones would be), I'm OK with them as they are.

Looking at the layout, I'm worried about playability. The path looks suited for a (tedious) sight-seeing stroll, instead of combat.

If the left water bridge section was less zig zaggy and instead simply an arena (it could be a park), would that help?

The section on the far right is going to be another path (not to far though), and the north road will lead the player to some kind of facility that will be a decent size.

edit:

http://imgur.com/4pwYujA

I was hoping for the right bit to be an act one (mostly outdoor area), the left bit to be some sort of act two (mostly cave roads), and the facility to be act three. Not sure what would be in the facility though.

BlackFish said:

If the left water bridge section was less zig zaggy and instead simply an arena (it could be a park), would that help?

What would actually help is to give the player more freedom, and not restrict him to a linear and relatively tight path (with arenas or not) over a large unreachable scenery.

The middle bit is merely a bridge between two sections of the map. I'm hoping to have the player have some freedom within each section. Everything still needs to be expanded. What I have right now is two basic ideas for sections that are connected some sort of transition. I understand what you're saying and I'll keep it in mind as I progress with the mapping. The last map I did suffered from the player going linear with extra doors to check out.

@RNGPSY: That's the shit of nightmares!

glenzinho said:
Dafuq? Arachnatrons AND an Archvile in Map03, and now with less brown! [/B]

I just got a shiver down my spine...that is truly the scariest thing I have ever seen in Doom 2 :O

Purist is correct. It's been fascinating playing through this early version of Doom 2. Map 04 is Catacombs, Map 06 is roughly half complete with some newbie/94 areas, Map07 is a different map in arena style with no exit. I enjoyed this version of Underhalls and The Pit has a shitload more enemies than I remember. Interesting is how complete most of the maps I've played are (up until Map14), other than some texture adjustments and thing refinement. I wonder what's at Map22... I'll find out tomorrow so no spoilers in this thread yet please!