Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Avoozl said:

But the marble is green too so I don't see much of a problem with it really.

But marble is hell-themed, while lights are tech-themed. It's not just too many colours, but also too many themes on one scene, I'd say.

Well to be fair, I'm deliberately going for a somewhat-unusual theme here (not sure how good of a defense that is, I could tone it down a bit I guess). I now have some more visplanes to work with, the current version went from 120 to 80 something just by changing a few sector brightness levels (-_-) so I can definitely try and address the ceiling height issues.

Many thanks @scifista42! It hasnt many heigt variations and the layout is pretty simple and linear. But some areas are pretty nice, I will resume it one day!

@Omegalore: That texture alignment is godlike! With that aside, the area actually looks pretty good (but the crazy person inside can't stop looking at all those misaligned textures).

KevinHEZ said:

@Omegalore: That texture alignment is godlike! With that aside, the area actually looks pretty good (but the crazy person inside can't stop looking at all those misaligned textures).

Via lower and upper unpegged. That's my secret. Learned that from The NIGHTMARE! Palace when in development.

Not foolproof though.

Omegalore said:

My next wad coming soon. I did upload this, but I didn't get email from Ty.

http://puu.sh/hfzAU/e464741278.png

Been like a week. Checked the rejects, not in there.

Did you send him a confirmation email?
Did you actually upload to /pub/idgames/incoming?

scifista42 said:

Did you send him a confirmation email?
Did you actually upload to /pub/idgames/incoming?

Yes I did. I've also asked him what was up, didn't get reply.

You don't have to wait for Ty's email to send your confirmation. You can email him right before/after uploading the wad, then you won't even receive an email from him. He stated it in the email itself:

**New: If you want to shortcut the process a bit, just email me when you upload instead of waiting for me to send the verification email. Tell me what you've uploaded and given no other issues I'll merge it at the earliest opportunity

Right, he should email you if you don't email him, though.

Whoops. Forgot about that ;^^ Been a while since I've last uploaded something due to other stuff I've never got done.

I'll do that right now.

Pretty good, we have about 8 months to get it finished up at this point, so we're just crunching along =)

@yakfak: The middle part of your picture actually looks nice. The rest not really, due to bland monochromity, ugly graini-ness and the sky of course.

scifista42 said:

@yakfak: The middle part of your picture actually looks nice. The rest not really, due to bland monochromity, ugly graini-ness and the sky of course.

The Sky May Be the best thing in this image

Cacowad said:

BUT, is it Blessed?

Blessed engine best engine.
Then we can say that... The sky should be with blessed engine??
YEEEAAAAAA- oh wait

More shots from my personal project Xcrement.wad. I'll hopefully have the first five maps completed in the next couple of months. Some of the following rooms are finished, others may need more work..

Shots are looking pretty good, although I will say that they're looking a bit empty ;)

AD_79 said:

Shots are looking pretty good, although I will say that they're looking a bit empty ;)

OH SHIT - MONSTERS! I knew I was forgetting something!.. Thanks AD, what would I do without you? ;)

Dave, overall all the shots look damn great. The texture combinations are coherent and nicely bordered architecture. Maybe in-game, the rooms have more light contrast than what the pictures portray. My favorite is #3.

In the 1st shot, better check the alignment on the leftmost orange light. Add a vertex in the middle and make it a wider column of light instead of a chop-off

In the last shot, better check the alignment on all PANCASE2 textures. N5WOOD05 needs a bit of horizontal alignment adjustment to get rid of the small middle section on the left wall. I think overall this wood area could have some bloody splats or even an entirely additional color, like green marble or green wood.

In shot #4, look on the right side, to the left of N5META27, looks like one of the green brick segments should go up 4 pixels on y axis.

@Dave The Daring: Great. Color themes seem to work well, design and details are impressive, and there's enough free space for the player and enemies. I like how you frequently include some kind of stylish non-orthogonal architecture, and how practically every part of every room has something interesting in there, without over-the-top detail amount. Keep it up!