Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

22 hours ago, OceanMadman said:

"In your garden, you can sometimes see an angry looking fat dude steal your mushrooms"

Nothing too crazy but still better than just using chaingunner sprites

smugla.png

Last of us doom mod when?

frankensprite of I believe a PB sprite, a doomguy hand sprite, and a muzzleflash sprite from a random gameplay mod I swiped... Bit lazy and the thumb's too THICCCCCC for my tastes :/

rifla0.png.ef4cf8f75925f76b80f5bca01db8c446.pngriflb0.png.5873cf894dd41ced3e06f10c72421b87.png

I decided to do something simple for my first plunge into DOOM spriting, I scaled down the early BFG 9000 sprites for use in WADs and whatnot. I also made an inactive frame for it. Can't wait for Christmas to come. There's an attached folder in case anyone wants to use them.

Custom Inactive Early BFG 9000 sprite for WADs by Johney (the OP)First Early BFG 9000 sprite rescaled for WADsSecond Early BFG 9000 sprite rescaled for WADs

Early_BFG_9000.zip

22 hours ago, Johney said:

I decided to do something simple for my first plunge into DOOM spriting, I scaled down the early BFG 9000 sprites for use in WADs and whatnot. I also made an inactive frame for it. Can't wait for Christmas to come. There's an attached folder in case anyone wants to use them.

Custom Inactive Early BFG 9000 sprite for WADs by Johney (the OP)First Early BFG 9000 sprite rescaled for WADsSecond Early BFG 9000 sprite rescaled for WADs

Early_BFG_9000.zip

I just noticed in the cyan version of the recoiled sprite the bottom left and right areas weren't cyan. Here's a fix for that.

Early_BFG_9000_hotfix.zip

On 6/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, Sonik.o.fan said:

Trying to make hands spriteset that would fit Crash from Quake 3
This is the final concept for design:
Hawnd.png.8fee1e464b32b08e16158f7536634861.png
image.png.16009c07bb6c67850f22822828ee795a.png

heh the dire protofiend / kenneth scott would be proud :)

On 7/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Burgish_Nilwert said:

Kobold sprite on the eight column, third row

Looks like he's about to do some jogging lol. Regardless, nice work! I could see this guy residing in a corner of Seven Portals.

someone pointed me here so i'll share a dead cyberdemon sprite i made here

cyboboi.PNG

corpssocyba.zip

i also just found a tree stump sprite i made at some point, i think it looks pretty cute

stumpdoomclrsquestmark.png

trestum.png

trestump.png

Edited by Tinsel_Tincan

On 7/6/2023 at 8:06 PM, Actinide said:

Currently making a set of mugshots for personal use. The start of my Doom spriting efforts. Had the brilliant idea to just work on it like regular, low res digital art and convert the final result to the Doom palette.

I'm not sure it's going that smoothly though. It might need more than just a couple of touch ups...

Working on getting it to be compatible with Smooth Doom, since I regularly use that for casual gameplay as well, and it has quite a bit of extra mugshot frames.

imagem_2023-07-06_210501262.png

imagem_2023-07-06_210732824.png

imagem_2023-07-06_210801032.png

imagem_2023-07-06_210815381.png

bro those are cool ah!

5 hours ago, Lina said:

Made a brainiac plasmaguy sprite set for something I'm working on, figured I might as well release this one ahead of time. Uses the railgun zombie on realm667 as a base. Feel free to use with credit.
Brainiac.png.eec4ea7467576b81d2197c2a672d3940.png

oh my god

It's the first sprite I've edited and I used it for a machinima (obviously the sprite wasn't complete) but I already completed it, use it however you want.

TROTA2.png.b5559e76c32ce68aa5044b38180f92c6.png

8 hours ago, Lina said:

Made a brainiac plasmaguy sprite set for something I'm working on, figured I might as well release this one ahead of time. Uses the railgun zombie on realm667 as a base. Feel free to use with credit.

Extra cursed ._. (10/10)

10 hours ago, Lina said:

Check out the big brain on Brad!

We need more goofy alien-themed wads. Looking forward to seeing where this guy shows up!

On 7/12/2023 at 5:25 PM, Nootrac4571 said:

The Red Demon from id's early game Catacomb 3D is clearly an artistic ancestor of Doom's demons, so I had a go at giving it a Doomy makeover. Only front-facing sprites sadly, since Catacomb 3D didn't have rotations.

catadoom-anims.gif.3cab8b9a8e74362ceac072ce569863d9.gif

What a shame that it's only front facing sprites. Are you planning to someday complete it by creating the other frames based on what they would probably look like?

Edited by AdNauseam

3 hours ago, Nootrac4571 said:

The Red Demon from id's early game Catacomb 3D is clearly an artistic ancestor of Doom's demons, so I had a go at giving it a Doomy makeover. Only front-facing sprites sadly, since Catacomb 3D didn't have rotations.

Nice! Glad I'm not the only one who saw the obvious similarities between these 2 monsters. It goes beyond just that though as there is an even older version of the same monster that appears in Hovertank 3D.

I always thought the head looked like the Cyberdemon too.

Oh shit, the Cyberdemon is just a pinky who got huge from all the cybernetics!

before i view 100+ pages here looking for what i need.  Does anyone have a Merman/Dagon/Deep One style sprite sheet?  I am making some Eldritch Demons in my mega wad and need a few more monsters.  Already have the Xothian from Realm667 (which is called a DeepOne), Shoggoth (Duke Proto Slimer) and going to create a shambler like monster with a pinky or  Hellknight.  I think i can frankensprite the Stalker from Hexen but that seems like a lot of work...