Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

On 3/18/2023 at 7:35 AM, Tsran908 said:

yes actually i used elite imps spike

thanks to my friend Bugsie for find this sprite(i was beta tester for his incoming mod cyberaugumented)

wait, the sprite for the elite imp is out there? could you post or link it?

6 minutes ago, Jack9955 said:

I edited more sprites, can anyone tell me if they are looking good?

SSWVA1.png.6462160691d56d57e49921d169666f51.pngSSWVA2.png.d7585588a5143df80f4f91890bb81b63.pngSSWVA3.png.ff7ddb5833c228f27a4d809bd32809ae.pngSSWVE0.png.d126cdd0f196f14f4fe6da5ebf3d725a.pngSSWVF0.png.130a47aeb465ae400cb3625f89956a1f.pngSSWVG0.png.c3784e4d97e68872a1b4c334dbf60e36.png

The boots and clothes have inconsistent shadows/light between each sprite, and the clothes need stronger shading to look more natural. Overall this is a nice attempt on manually recolouring sprites, however I think automatic recolouring is easier to do and much more efficient.

11 hours ago, ShallowB said:

I would definitely recommend getting SLADE.  Not only does it have built in functions for easily recoloring Doom sprites in batches, but you’re going to eventually need it anyway to get your sprites into your wad.

EDIT: Alright I just went ahead and did it, the Caco's death animation is actually kind of easy to adapt because it doesn't deform much.  I also cleaned up some stray pixels and removed all the transparent ones in the original sheet.  Evacodemon originally by @Aqua, I just did the pain and death sprites.  Would love to get this thing into Doom pallet so it can be used more widely, but that's a bit beyond my skillset.

EvacodemonCompleteish.png.bd4ffdc5982d7e077e1d955c3be2e538.png

For some reason I'm quite fond of this sprite. It looks like it could be an aquatic cacodemon of some sort. Or maybe the type that floats around in deep space.

I've been using slade to help convert sprites into the doom pallet. Depending on the sprite details can be lost, but if you "juggle around" with different pallets you can sometimes get something good.

This is a quick conversion I did in slade, I converted it to doom discolored to pick up the blues better and then to doom. Obviously it doesn't look as good, mostly because doom doesn't have a lot of blue colors in it, but you get the idea. It could be more easily recolored to something else from here.

evacodemon-quickdoomrecolor.png.6f60c3d4351129759609deacf92de59a.png

Another idea would be to go back and change the colors to something that doom picks up, like a solid green instead of turquoise. It seems to me  that when converting sprites in slade, you don't have to really be exact with the colors when coloring the sprite in your painting program. Just get close enough and then the conversion will make it exact.

5 hours ago, Al-Faris M said:

The boots and clothes have inconsistent shadows/light between each sprite, and the clothes need stronger shading to look more natural. Overall this is a nice attempt on manually recolouring sprites, however I think automatic recolouring is easier to do and much more efficient.

How do I fix that without having to replace pixel by pixel?

Finally getting back on my plant shit.
Gotta finish the final rotation, then I'm gonna make the Attack frames/Death frames.

613456802_Plantvariant.png.3a321405d7752a7fa138fb48bb396cda.png

Still unsure about the death, but it should be fine
sample.gif.2016615c26ed00e14cd0a6b7e955e5ae.gif

Edited by Desfar

1 hour ago, Jack9955 said:

How do I fix that without having to replace pixel by pixel?

If you're using the "Color Remap" function in SLADE, it would probably be easiest to start from a fresh set of sprites.  Then you can just slide the colors around as you need, and export them to .PNGs to add the gold pips on the collar in another program (Paint, GIMP, etc...)  SLADE is amazing for recoloring big batches of sprites.

Grab your sprites from the DOOM2 wad, or import your own sprites, then select them all then right click and select Graphics -> Color Remap.

If you're not using DOOM assets, make sure you convert them to DOOM palette format so it works properly (same menu, select "Convert to...")

Spoiler

image.png.b2ddf30d1d003d9db00b667ef8212f2b.png

image.png.2eb437fb3d11b85827f36c71641cd39a.png

Then you can export them to PNGs to edit pixel-by-pixel for details, or pack them right into their own wad file inside of SLADE.

Once you've got a handle on the Color Remapper, if you need more than what it can do, take a look at GIMP.  Its more complex, but its very powerful.

1 hour ago, Burgish_Nilwert said:

If you're using the "Color Remap" function in SLADE, it would probably be easiest to start from a fresh set of sprites.  Then you can just slide the colors around as you need, and export them to .PNGs to add the gold pips on the collar in another program (Paint, GIMP, etc...)  SLADE is amazing for recoloring big batches of sprites.

Grab your sprites from the DOOM2 wad, or import your own sprites, then select them all then right click and select Graphics -> Color Remap.

If you're not using DOOM assets, make sure you convert them to DOOM palette format so it works properly (same menu, select "Convert to...")

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.b2ddf30d1d003d9db00b667ef8212f2b.png

image.png.2eb437fb3d11b85827f36c71641cd39a.png

Then you can export them to PNGs to edit pixel-by-pixel for details, or pack them right into their own wad file inside of SLADE.

Once you've got a handle on the Color Remapper, if you need more than what it can do, take a look at GIMP.  Its more complex, but its very powerful.

I learned how to use something like that in GIMP, but thanks for the help anyways.

I use gimp, and usually lock my palette in with the Index mode.
Considering how much I abuse the smudge and burn tools, its a life saver.

23 hours ago, Desfar said:

sample.gif.2016615c26ed00e14cd0a6b7e955e5ae.gif

Oh yeah, that's dope.  Looks real good overall

I search on this topic a video. In the video, a user showcased various recolored monsters, and I noticed a dark cyberdemon with white teeth. I would like to watch the video again to get a better look at this particular monster.

image.png.effe2e0adda1400411321593b313a994.pngimage.png.f9b6712ad7ae894c487f1a12127f9bc2.pngimage.png.9c7f652fba2e84cb91ab22a91ecea3e9.png

A set of sprites for Reg from Made in Abyss I tried to do in Blender with Palette Studio using the MMD model

It was intended to be a companion mod along with Riko and Nanachi, but I got lazy and left it unfinished.

If somebody wants to use them, I would recommend lowering saturation to 50% and raising the value to 100%

The G frames were supposed to detach his hand to work like a long-range attack.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jql29qspd6ndp8q/Reg_Sprites.zip/file

Edited by Ganbare-Lucifer

23 hours ago, Cardboard Marty said:

Showcase2.png

I've been forever haunted by my super crusty Duke Nukem 3D shotgun edit showing up in Winter's Fury, so I've decided to remedy that! I don't think there's a pixel left of the original edit or original sprite, I basically just used it as a guide for the shape. Pretty happy with how this is coming out!

...Would you let me replace it with the new one when you're done? The day I realised it was really just two Duke shotguns slapped together still haunts me the same way, but I never had the heart to change it. The new one looks awesome, so I'd feel blessed to use that instead.

3 minutes ago, Pieruskwurje said:

...Would you let me replace it with the new one when you're done? The day I realised it was really just two Duke shotguns slapped together still haunts me the same way, but I never had the heart to change it. The new one looks awesome, so I'd feel blessed to use that instead.

Ahaha I haven't seen that bit before, that's great! Absolutely, I would be honored! I honestly wanted to do a whole re-sprite of the arsenal with some new hands, but didn't want to overshoot or over-commit to something I couldn't finish (which I have a tendency to do!).

On 5/17/2023 at 7:42 AM, ShallowB said:

Evacodemon

Does it still lack "Open mouth from behind" rotations or am I stupid?

Looks great though.

2 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Does it still lack "Open mouth from behind" rotations or am I stupid?

Looks great though.

Nah, those were never made.  I've been reusing the same ones from the A frame since it's facing away from you anyway, but adding those would give it a nice bit of polish.

2 hours ago, Cardboard Marty said:

I honestly wanted to do a whole re-sprite of the arsenal with some new hands

Showcase-WF-Version.png 

Following up on this, I did an edit for what I imagine a new set of hands would be (plus editing the colors of the shotgun to better match the palette in Winter's Fury). I made the screw on top some sorta cool orange glowy thing.

As a proof of concept, I threw the current idle frame in a .pk3 and gave it a brightmap. I really dig it!

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20230519-031101.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230519-031136.png

2 hours ago, Cardboard Marty said:

Following up on this, I did an edit for what I imagine a new set of hands would be (plus editing the colors of the shotgun to better match the palette in Winter's Fury). I made the screw on top some sorta cool orange glowy thing.

This is absolutely incredible, both how it looks, and how quickly you threw this together!

I want to discuss this further with you in DMs, but I wanted to let everyone else know how much I love this.

image.png.49e101b87a829dd87b7c30371454edce.png

This is more of an cheat sheet, but if you want to make your own custom huds for doom and need to know where the information like text or the Head is at all times this is can help you greatly!

How does it work?

Download this picture and remove the entire grey area, then copy the cyan dots and paste them in your hud on an empty layer above your hud, use the top left cyan to allign it to the 4:3 part of the hud and voila, you now know where everything is!

Edit: Head has been Updated, now it shows you both with and without the Offsets

Edited by Redead-ITA : Updated the status face position

10 hours ago, Cardboard Marty said:

Showcase-WF-Version.png 

As a proof of concept, I threw the current idle frame in a .pk3 and gave it a brightmap. I really dig it!

Hide contents

Screenshot-Doom-20230519-031101.png

Screenshot-Doom-20230519-031136.png

whoaaaaa looks awesome, great work!

4 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

DAMN this is a much more better sprite than mine

They are both awesome, in fact your sprites would make a kickass doomified metrocop.