Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 15 - Sid's Last Hurrah!

hello, i'm gay, quite driunk, and have taken part in the ass

, in response...

Time built: 2 hours 45 minutes
Alfonso time: OOOOHHHH ST. ALFONSO WOULD BE PROUD OF ME (30 minutes)
Map status: SHIT
Themes: Plutonia, Barrels
Bugs: probably a lot!!
Midi: 'Travelers' by T-Square

I'M GAY.

@TheMionicDonut: The start teleporter in your map can be closed like a door and then it displays a HOM.

Download.

Name: Obsidian's Lament
Format: Vanilla
Music: D_MESSAG from Alien Vendetta
Themes: Plutonia, library, self referencing sector and BARRELS.

It's been fun guys. :)

Name: Facial Duplo

Midi: Spoopy from 30in30 by James Horse Storage

Needs a self referencing sector upgrade to the northern most blood floor room with the red key.

Also the secret with the light amps has too many marked as a secret, so remove them and just add one that is the entrance or largest sector in there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/k4ckpgqkfb8bxko/

Started Work on the Titlepatches http://www.mediafire.com/download/iuw9tp27q65tj73/Titlepatches-0.6.zip

So I completed a map, but Obsidian put his foot down at the 4 hour mark and I'm inclined to agree with his decision to leave it out of the set.

Guess that's my wake-up call!

Alfonzo said:

So I completed a map, but Obsidian put his foot down at the 4 hour mark and I'm inclined to agree with his decision to leave it out of the set.

Guess that's my wake-up call!

At least post the map pls. :)

So we've at least established that 3 hours and 59 minutes is the absolute maximum allowed for a 2 hour map. Science! :)

I've played all maps and I have to say, it's superb quality for speedmaps again, all of them (except my own one). I've just found that the lava pool in SlashBane's map still causes damage after ascending and draining. Jimmy, is your map's name Viridian or Veridian Archives? Also the textures are fascinating, where are they from?

With your update mine now includes all 5 themes: Plutonia, Library, Barrels, Self Referencing Sector and action 69. (check theme note in text file)

Thanks for fixing the secret error ';,,;'

Hopefully, there will be another Abyssal speedmapping session next month and I will remember to start right away when I know what the themes are.

Pinchy said:

With your update mine now includes all 5 themes: Plutonia, Library, Barrels, Self Referencing Sector and action 69. (check theme note in text file)

Thanks for fixing the secret error ';,,;'

You didn't actually use any Plutonia textures, so I can't really add that. Thanks for telling me about using Action 69 though.

from Abyssal Speedmapping Session 15.txt:

MAP03: Green Vines is better than Red Vines
Author: SlashBane
Music: D_DDTBL3 from Eviltech
Format: Vanilla compatible
Theme: Plutonia, barrels and library

It is neither vanilla- nor Boom-compatible. The red-key and the yellow-key bars won't raise because the required tags are missing.

Tested With : ZDoom

And this is why.
Either test maps with appropriate engine or simply label it Zdoom-only.
There are enough broken maps masquerading as limit-removing or Boom on /idgames already.