Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

1 hour ago, MTrop said:

Well, on the bright side, at least Torm left.

I think.

Pretty sure he's writing a few chapters in his new autobiography with another goodbye at the end. Jokes aside I don't think Torm is even going anywhere after this mess.

17 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

Again, assuming the absolute worst intentions with no evidence to make the other side look bad. 

The only evidence supplied was by Torm himself, and the evidence seems to indicate that he's a moronic edgelord who never grew up. Maybe you feel the need to defend him since that's something you relate to.

Also, don't talk about "debate tactics", you have none. I doubt I qualify as "old guard", and even if I did, what difference would it make?

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

Remember folks. All of this started because of ask for achievements. Pretty damn good idea eh?

2 minutes ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

The evidence is, quite literally, right there in front of you. Talk about your bad faith arguments

Some people just don't read I guess. 

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

Remember folks. All of this started because of ask for achievements. Pretty damn good idea eh?

Starting another shitstorm on par with the "inspiration folder" saga is quite an achievement I'd say.

Just now, Tarnsman said:

Starting another shitstorm on par with the "inspiration folder" saga is quite an achievement I'd say.

Damn right.

*cue the PS3/XBOX achievement sound*

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

The rate of posts in this thread is an achievement of some sort, I'd say. Could have easily ended two and a half pages ago and nothing of value would be lost.

11 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

Again, assuming the absolute worst intentions with no evidence to make the other side look bad.

There was evidence, you just decided to ignore it.

11 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

Its disheartening that so many of the old guard on here want to use debate tactics to smear people instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt to avoid drama.

Oh go pound sand with this persecution complex.  Neither you nor he are a victim.

at this point, torm chose the best time to leave the community. I don't think even he can bounce back after this.

sad that he had to leave on a sour note.

10 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

The only evidence supplied was by Torm himself, and the evidence seems to indicate that he's a moronic edgelord who never grew up. Maybe you feel the need to defend him since that's something you relate to.

3 minutes ago, AlexMax said:

There was evidence, you just decided to ignore it.

Guys, I was referring to what NIH said about me, which was without evidence. Man, when people want you to be the enemy they'll just find any way to twist your words.

Anyways, I gave my defense of the mod, and people seem to have become disinterested in engaging with it, so Ill stop clogging up the thread with arguing now.

The "references" to the people in community seem a little in poor taste, especially Randi's. If I were to do one of these I'd personally contact the person in question to see if they'd be want to be included in the first place. Not many people might. It's about being considerate here. The misgendering thing I won't even get into many people already did.

As for accurate depiction of concentration camp and other Nazi activities, I'm not a historian or whatever so I don't know if they are really accurate, but I do like that they made the effort to make it as accurate as depicted by other media. You don't see this kind of depiction in many games, the reality is often not even spoken about but it doesn't change that they happened, they did happen with historic evidence. When playing a game that literally talks about a spy in the WW II era I think they become unavoidable. Sure there're a lot of fictional material here, but keeping it just a bit real doesn't hurt I think. With that being said there could definitely be a discretion warning or something as the whole thing isn't fit for most audiences I'm pretty sure. A disclaimer or whatever it is that it's called etc., warning people about gore and stuff like this.

As for the "sexual" sprites, I didn't see them being used in the game minus I think one secret area? I forgot, it had some girl who flashed her tits. I think it was the strip club in the secret level or something. I thought people got used to those since Duke 3d but I guess not?

Edited by IvanDobrovski : Logical correction.

1 minute ago, IvanDobrovski said:

I'm not a historian or whatever so I don't know if they are really accurate, but I do like that they made the effort to make it as accurate.

If you don't know they are accurate, how can you then claim they attempted to make it accurate? Which is it? You can't have both in this sentence.

I couldn't see how hard it was to add a discretion warning in the title screen for depictions of real world tragedies, especially something as graphic as the Holocaust.

Just now, jazzmaster9 said:

I couldn't see how hard it was to add a discretion warning in the title screen for depictions of real world tragedies, especially something as graphic as the Holocaust.

I would imagine they will in a future update at least so people know what they are getting into at least.

1 minute ago, Edward850 said:

If you don't know they are accurate, how can you then claim they attempted to make it accurate? Which is it? You can't have both in this sentence.

Well I don't have books or anything but I can go by internet sources and movies that depict the events. I don't trust most sources, but when 99% of them say similar things I'd take it as somewhat true.

Just now, jazzmaster9 said:

Dumb shock value loses said value if people are warned that they are about to experience dumb shock value.

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

As for Enjay taking a shit, no, that wouldn't qualify as anything offensive to me IF the rest of the mod didn't contain shock value insults directed at other people in the community.

That doesn't work, it's either EVERYONE is insulted or NOBODY is insulted. If the mod portrayed Enjay, and only Enjay, taking a shit; well that would be worse wouldn't it.

Just now, RDETalus said:

That doesn't work, it's either EVERYONE is insulted or NOBODY is insulted. If the mod portrayed Enjay, and only Enjay, taking a shit; well that would be worse wouldn't it.

Not really, unless the whole mod consisted of Enjay taking a shit. There's a difference between being represented as a dude pooping and insulting someone's sexuality. 

20 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

shock value loses said value if people are warned that they are about to experience  shock value.

It really doesn't. especially in topic as sensitive as this, the shock will be there regardless. 

3 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Not really, unless the whole mod consisted of Enjay taking a shit. There's a difference between being represented as a dude pooping and insulting someone's sexuality. 

My point is that if Torm was being selective in who he insulted, it would be more evidence of malice than just taking the shit at everyone equally.

4 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

It really doesn't. especially in topic as sensitive as this, the shock will be there regardless. 

When it comes to this, I agree, but assholes generally don't like warning people when they're going to do something stupid. They enjoy knowing that they've caught people off guard. Warning them would take away the element of surprise at least somewhat, and then the asshole will say "BuT I WarNeD YoU" when someone complains.

7 hours ago, Wereknight said:

and of course literally nobody just can't simply play and enjoy the mod... sigh.

10 years ago, stuff like that was simple and nobody would even mind that...

Things change. But this specific one isn't knew - Doomjedi's Sonderkommando Revolt comes to mind. Although the critique there was why the mod had to depict the most dehumanizing part of the Auschwitz exterimination camp.

Some things are better left unplayed. But it was a unique setting.

6 hours ago, Ermin said:

are we going to see another closed thread lol

I rather expect a 12 part sequel of explanations, apologies and leavings.

I have no idea why Torm is doing this. 

4 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

If you dont want to play it, then DONT PLAY IT. You dont have to play it if you disagree with the content. Creators arent obligated to censor their work to appease everybody who complains.

The question is more why these references exist in the first place, with actual names. Why not fictionalized?

3 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

What specifically is transphobic? I havent played the mod myself. Have you? It seems like a lot of people are just taking every vague accusation at face value and not giving Tormentor667 any benefit of the doubt.

There is not much to doubt when using actual names from horrid places and describe characters from the community in debateable remarks.

Given BoA's dev cycle, some of the referential material might be dated. Which begs the question why it was written in the first place.

BoA ain't Postal, but its commentary at times is. It does not fit the game whatsoever.

It seems like it would be very strange for him to post this mod (a collaborative effort that took a long time to create) on the forum in a seemingly normal/friendly way, but also have outright personal hatred in it.

That's exactly why its strange. Seemingly this has existed for a long time.

Edited by Redneckerz

6 minutes ago, jazzmaster9 said:

Man...to me, it's more shocking finding out that the wad had those kind of stuff released AFTER being tested "properly" and reviewed.

Good night...need a good sleep after this clusterfuck lol.

2 minutes ago, RDETalus said:

My point is that if Torm was being selective in who he insulted, it would be more evidence of malice than just taking the shit at everyone equally.

Just because he didn't select the entire Doom community/Earth doesn't mean he wasn't selective. Are you saying it's okay to be a dick as long as you're a dick to more than one person?

I just want to ask everyone this: why are some people convinced that Tormentor667 left the Doom community when that is not the case at all, and at the end of his farewell series he confirmed that he is not in fact leaving? He posted on the BoA ZDoom thread and github development page (indicating he is personally going to work on the mod) only yesterday.

He isn't gone. Maybe he left this thread, but he hasn't left the mod or the community. He definitely has the time to work on it so he definitely also should have the time to take responsibility for what has happened.