Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP 2022 [DONE!]

I can no longer test my map in Crispy Doom after adding a custom sky texture - it'll still launch in GZDoom but the custom sky doesn't show up  -just defaulting to what I think is the 32-in-whatever default one. I'm pretty sure I did it properly too, though its been a little while. I thought this was just as simple as inserting into SLADE and renaming it to the corresponding RSKY1?

1 hour ago, Silent Wolf said:

@VisionThing, I'm unsure of the method you're using, but I used a mapinfo lump to  change skies.

Hopefully this helps.

Very useful video, however I'm targeting vanilla so I don't think I can do this. Its possible 32in24-15tex uses multi-patch sky textures, which I think has caused me this issue before. Or could be due to the size of the texture I'm trying to use.

No worry at the moment, I can worry about the sky when I've completed the map!

5 minutes ago, VisionThing said:

Very useful video, however I'm targeting vanilla so I don't think I can do this. Its possible 32in24-15tex uses multi-patch sky textures, which I think has caused me this issue before. Or could be due to the size of the texture I'm trying to use.

No worry at the moment, I can worry about the sky when I've completed the map!

Just want to mention that the whole ramp project is aiming gzdoom port. Due to how the main hub system is done, I believe no other source port will allow to access individual levels. Other than the -warp parameter. 

That's right - all formats of maps are welcome but the project will run in GZDoom in the end, so you don't have to limit yourself to strictly vanilla properties! That said, putting an RSKY1 lump into Slade should be all that's needed... is it perhaps in PNG format instead of Doom graphics?

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat with IcarusOfDaggers; some things have happened (again) and I don't think it will be likely that I can finish the map before the deadline. I'm still going to work on the map and try to get it submitted, but I feel it likely that it will be stand-a-lone.

Thanks a bunch for doing this, I just recently rediscovered mapping for Doom after like 15 years.  I look forward to making a submission or two!

I've been making an adventure map with some scripting for a while, seems it would be a nice fit for this project.

Hope I can finish it until the end of month! Has a dozen custom trees (hope this is allowed).

Yay! I successfully submitted a map for this and I Will try to Finish 3 Before the deadline. In addition to the submitted map I Also have One thats unsubmitted and a work in progress already

No experimental maps from me this time around

I'm gonne post my videos playlist here for whoever is interested. I'm planning on playing all of the ramp submissions so watch along if you want :). Just know that a lot of these are still WIP's so it's probably going to be different in the final release.

Gonna drop out of this one. I started (and finished) a map, but I'm now fully committed - for better or worse - for that to be the first map in my first true mapset. 

Thanks for the inspiration though!

5 hours ago, azerty said:

I'm gonne post my videos playlist here for whoever is interested. I'm planning on playing all of the ramp submissions so watch along if you want :). Just know that a lot of these are still WIP's so it's probably going to be different in the final release.

Spoiler

Can I ask you not to test/record my map (MAP10 - Manufactured Extinct) just yet? It's pretty bare-bones and most of the functionality isn't there yet. Thingie! said we should test the autocompiler to see whether it works, so I uploaded the map when it was like one corridor. Been updating it since but it's still nowhere near testable state.

7 minutes ago, Sneezy McGlassFace said:

Can I ask you not to test/record my map (MAP10 - Manufactured Extinct) just yet? It's pretty bare-bones and most of the functionality isn't there yet. Thingie! said we should test the autocompiler to see whether it works, so I uploaded the map when it was like one corridor. Been updating it since but it's still nowhere near testable state.

I know that. I played it and there weren't any monsters or an exitso no worries. I'll play it when I see that it's finished.

Just now, azerty said:

I know that. I played it and there weren't any monsters or an exitso no worries. I'll play it when I see that it's finished.

I'll ping you when it's ready :)

On 6/9/2022 at 2:26 AM, DavidN said:

That's right - all formats of maps are welcome but the project will run in GZDoom in the end, so you don't have to limit yourself to strictly vanilla properties! That said, putting an RSKY1 lump into Slade should be all that's needed... is it perhaps in PNG format instead of Doom graphics?

about music, adding a music file, say a midi file to the wad using slade should be sufficient for the ramp uploader to use it right?

I noticed the uploader tends to freeze when modifying things in the upload map section without actually submitting a new file (ie. editing name etc)

about 3d models, are they allowed in a limited capacity (like one or more centerpieces) and if so, how can they be added to a wad file (if yes then I may have one or maybe a few 3d models to add as decorations to my robo hell map)... if we can add models then how do we manage custom ID numbers, do each mapper get a range or?

Hopefully I'll submit my first Doom map to this project. I have tinkerd abit in UDB after seeing DavidN's video "Editing Basics", but never completed a Doom map. Did alot of Quakeworld Team Fortress mapping in Worldcraft in the late 90's, but never any Doom. And sinces i'm turning 40 this year, this feels like it can be a nice new hobby!

10 hours ago, Shove82 said:

Hopefully I'll submit my first Doom map to this project. I have tinkerd abit in UDB after seeing DavidN's video "Editing Basics", but never completed a Doom map. Did alot of Quakeworld Team Fortress mapping in Worldcraft in the late 90's, but never any Doom. And sinces i'm turning 40 this year, this feels like it can be a nice new hobby!

Can't wait to see what you will come up with :)

Thanks to everyone who's said they'll be joining! It's fantastic to see so many people have a try at this, and I'm proud that the RAMP Discord is an extremely helpful and supportive place :)

Screenshot_Doom_20220617_234318.png?widt

Screenshot_Doom_20220615_190957.png?widt

Screenshot_Doom_20220619_121428.png

unknown.png

image.png.3ef7caf3857d80d188a45df6b4730c73.png

With a couple of weeks to go, the project is really taking shape now and we have 49 maps of varying sizes and approaches - hulking bases and hell caves, libraries and ice stations, action and puzzles. A minigame has also sprung up where you can buy artwork from the friendly dealer and decorate your hub map with it - so if you've made Doom fanart and want it included in the game, feel free to get my attention as well!

Just submitted a map as well, very rusty with UDMF scripting so tried to keep it concise and simple. 

5 hours ago, DavidN said:

Thanks to everyone who's said they'll be joining! It's fantastic to see so many people have a try at this, and I'm proud that the RAMP Discord is an extremely helpful and supportive place :)

Screenshot_Doom_20220617_234318.png?widt

Hey, it's my map! 

I been meaning to make a post but I do have a map that's been made and is in testing phase to see if I can catch any show stoppers before submitting it. Map also supports UV+ and even has one item that only appears as a result (well, playing coop as makes it appear as well) but said item even makes the sercet count go up as a result of it appearing. I do have some screenshots to share in the meantime. 

Screenshot_Doom_20220619_143056.png.7c787df2d1eec3680b63621c2e605788.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220619_143105.png.157ea04cb58106ddb63a3a5f4f051339.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220619_143123.png.9c019410dfdf97c1be1b0ab2ebc6efe0.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220619_143225.png.6dcf2ea4488c2744a1906a488da51a41.png

Screenshot_Doom_20220619_143247.png.2dbf3cc35f4cc6d051622297ff38b5d2.png

10 More days to go. I'm not sure how managed to learn ACS from scratch *and* get three maps out last year (well, one was already done I guess), but this year one map will have to do. I'm getting excited to see it's nearing completion though, having fun working on it. Didn't exactly learn much new things, this is more.. a resume of what I've learned so far, doodling around and an exercise in making cave-like environments. Fun stuff!

image.png.2655b30d93e403428e77221ba8231ca1.png

I am working on a map that could end up as a possible replacement for dark egypt

Defo gonna make a map for this soon, as I've got some experience in GZ and Boom.

I've got an OTEX map in the works, I'm using that 'n (it's also in GZ UDMF lucky me!)

Edited by Codename_Delta

My lazy ass just added an exit to my map, I did check the WIP box when uploading it because I'll probably add some kills at the exit, it's map 59.

Very fancy site too, me like.