Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gore

What do you think of Windows 11?

I don't really like it, it's should had just been an update, and thank Microsoft for lying to us that Windows 10 will be the last version of "Windows."

It's a free update for everyone and it's optional for the time being. Looking at it, it's more of an 8 to 8.1 like affair than a true revision. I'm interested in fooling around with the android app support.

Windows 11 is what vista is to windows 7, a revision to fix performance problems and system security, there's no need to change to 11 for at least a few years, so imo it's unnecessary since windows 10 already is update frenzy.

Nothing. I don't like modern Windows. Prefer to use Windows 10 before it will stop the support. And when it will be, I'm gonna to use Linux or another alternative OS for my PC. Because I heard that Windows 11 will not be good for users. For example, surveillance. And anti-piracy. So, let's learn Linux. 

I, myself, decided to switch to Linux Mint soon after the Windows 11 announcement. I was fed up with the bloat of Windows 10, and 11 looked like more of the same. So, I started to look into Linux distros, and decided on Mint. It's been a few weeks, and I enjoy Mint quite a bit.

I would need to buy new PC for that. Also Windows 11 UI is ugly for me. I'm perfectly happy with my HP Elitebook 8460p from 2011, it runs Windows 10 x64 butter smoothly.

Microsoft just copies Apple. If Mac OS 11 was never release, they wouldn't release Windows 11.
Both 10 and 11 UI are horrible and 11 doesn't even provide DirectX 13 or something that really matters. 

I'll stay with Windows 7 until Google Chrome supports it because otherwise Steam won't work on it.

Bad, but better than what was out there before. Microsoft hasn’t topped windows 7 yet, even if it is archaic and feature lacking now. 8, 8.1, and 10 have been poor.  

29 minutes ago, Vertpin said:

Bad, but better than what was out there before. Microsoft hasn’t topped windows 7 yet, even if it is archaic and feature lacking now. 8, 8.1, and 10 have been poor.  

I'm with you. Windows 7 was just great. Windows 8 was an abomination that I skipped. Windows 8.1 tried to fix some of the damage, it was the version that I upgraded to from 7. And then came Windows 10, which doesn't really know what it wants to be and where it is heading. Understandably, Windows 11 appears to be a liberation strike to get rid of the many bad decisions, not only from a customer's point of view but also from the developer's point of view. Let's hope it can live up to the expectations.

Nothing really, I'm not interested in Windows anymore, Ubuntu has everything I need (And if it doesn't, I can compile it) and I can decide when to update it and customize it without paying for a license

Well, I don't use Windows on my PC for a long time... The last Windows I really liked was the Windows XP and the Windows 7 I consider the last good OS made by Microsoft, so I have no interest in Windows 11. Probably I will keep using Debian or another Linux.

I will use in someone PC anyway, and I like it. Hopefully it's the same performance as Windows 10.

I'll prolly just... Keep using 10 until it like... Fully stops working

And seeing as stuff like Windows 7 still runs butter smooth, I don't think I'll need to be switching for the time being.

Well as a computer tech I will be dealing with it one way or another. There will inevitably be teething problems so I will be discouraging updates for people with existing systems for probably at least six months after release. Inexperienced users can struggle with even slight interface changes so no sense in piling that on them unless it's absolutely necessary.

Windows is far from perfect but given how busy and short tempered I am I have little desire to mess around with Linux distros. Windows 10 basically just works and on my various systems at least is solid. Hopefully Windows 11 will carry that on. I won't be in a rush to upgrade but I will be dealing with it sooner or later.

9 hours ago, Gore said:

I don't really like it, it's should had just been an update, and thank Microsoft for lying to us that Windows 10 will be the last version of "Windows."

That sounds like when Disney says "this will be the last time the movie comes out of the vault" for some special edition Blu Ray / DVD. 

I'll just figure out how to dual boot Windows 11 and a GNU/Linux distro (I might go with Ubuntu)

16 hours ago, deus-ex said:

I'm with you. Windows 7 was just great. Windows 8 was an abomination that I skipped. Windows 8.1 tried to fix some of the damage, it was the version that I upgraded to from 7. And then came Windows 10, which doesn't really know what it wants to be and where it is heading. Understandably, Windows 11 appears to be a liberation strike to get rid of the many bad decisions, not only from a customer's point of view but also from the developer's point of view. Let's hope it can live up to the expectations.

I'm over it at this point. With Windows 10 (and their new management), they decided to sell windows as a service. The only way that was deemed to work was by bundling it with quite a bit of ads and built in tracking. It's abhorrent, really (but has been reduced significantly). It was in 2015 that I decided to abandon ship and get on macOS, which has been a pleasant experience. I do, however, still have to frequently use windows.