Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2023

1 hour ago, Agent Strange said:

I'm liking the look of these. Does this project have a name?

MidNightmare

(WIP, when the hell it will be released, I myself do not know yet, but I try to do the work from time to time if possible)

image.png

image.png

image.png

I was given a challenge to 'make the dumb Xbox version in a patch'. While I cant replicate the slowed music and certain sounds being off due to the ports handing of 22050 Hz sound effects, I did indeed add the modified E1M1, the older buggy Sewers with its partime of 0 seconds, and as seen in the spoiler below, the hilarious E1 sky across all 37 levels (Which Activision adamantly insisted wasn't a bug)

I gotta say, aside from the classic 1994 texturing, I really do like this level, and its better as E1M10 than it is as its original E3M1 release. It feels like a fever dream, and @Cammy's excellent midi from the Ultimate MIDI Pack amplifies that feeling, I felt lost and alone in those twisting tunnels thanks to that music. Unlike Betray, doing Sewers doesnt leave you overstocked either, all you can get from doing it is a soulsphere, maxed shells and bullets, and a chaingun. I fixed the thing with going back to E1M1 however, since Betray in the same port went to Map 3. I also made a second version for my own amusement that has the skies not broken, and adds the XBLA/BFG dreaded pills as well as replaces the E4 INTERPIC with the awesome NRFTL one; I found the 'DMENUPIC' lump in my Xbox 360 Doom.wad so I decided to use it how Doom 2 used it.

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also because why stop at just 'Xboxing' Doom 1?

image.png

image.png

There are easier ways to trigger self hatred.

Also, looks great. :)

All you guys making your crazy magnum opuses

Me, struggling to properly retexture the console exclusive Ultimate Doom maps to doom.wad assets only:

image.png

image.png

Theshold of Pain is going to kill me.

EDIT: Well, Twilight Descends is almost 100% Doom 2 textures. Kill me now.

Edited by Devalaous