Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2023

1 hour ago, Luisinho said:

Today soon I'll be releasing a short one-map demo of this project.

those look amazing! the texture/material layering work is really superb, it all looks beautiful

5 hours ago, Luisinho said:

First of all: Happy 30th Anniversary, DOOM!
And all these screenshots being posted here in the thread are just amazing, fantastic work y'all!

(Screenshots:)

Seconding what @Tango said.Beautiful sense of color and shape. Great stuff.

DoomguyGetsRaided_.png.68e083cdb4143c8727e7b86f8d0a3cae.png

The guy that got the Twitch raid-segue after the Romero & Carmack jam ended earlier today. Dude was more than a little surprised by the viewer spike lol.

Experimenting with higher resolution for my Hexen house port. With the "aspect correcting" scaling it looks less flattened out, but Raven's delicate fonts get ruined a bit in the process...

Spoiler

image.png.1a3ad363dd008a398d6132eac279fd7e.png

image.png.870a5d0b66fd5f5b94523d502f3b69c3.png

What do you folks think?

UPD: oh, apparently I did not have to stick with 1.6 aspect ratios for renderer buffer at all; Hexen can handle 1.25 pretty well, so farewell to aspect correction.

image.png.b89d0d5d49077ab603704e4c5e4d01a3.png

Edited by ludicrous_peridot : 5:4

On 12/11/2023 at 2:29 PM, Jakub Majewski said:

Happy 30th to Doom.
The game's impact on the gaming scene cannot be overstated, but enough's been said about that. I've been planning to honour not just it, but also Boom, the source port that enabled the modding community to move forward, as it's 25 years old now.

Unfortunately, I am feeling sick. so my tribute WAD's gonna arrive at a later date.

What sorcery is this?

7 hours ago, Murdoch said:

What sorcery is this?

It appears to be a standard poly object door which were first implemented in Hexen. This one, however appears to be a single linedef thick which allows for the transparent window. GZDoom uses an updated version of poly objects which allows for more customization and functions.

--

My brother sent me this, so I'll post it here.

0w96l5j2rcv11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

28 minutes ago, Halfblind said:

It appears to be a standard poly object door which were first implemented in Hexen. This one, however appears to be a single linedef thick which allows for the transparent window. GZDoom uses an updated version of poly objects which allows for more customization and functions.

😆 😂 Nope

It's just a couple of Boom action specials.

33 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Is that an el chavo del ocho reference?

not intentionally lol; the house and overall layout of that part is based on my grandma's house somewhere in Taxco, Mexico. A lot of the buildings in that city have that kind of feel and look
maybe when i'm adding more buildings I'll add an actual reference to el chavo

3 hours ago, .daniel said:

not intentionally lol; the house and overall layout of that part is based on my grandma's house somewhere in Taxco, Mexico. A lot of the buildings in that city have that kind of feel and look
maybe when i'm adding more buildings I'll add an actual reference to el chavo

17531981-B884-4CB2-9759-628EDDA85280.gif.e3bccc284f99eaf7be5623fff2deed38.gif

3 hours ago, Grieferus said:

Is this for Eternity?

I'm not building it for that, but it's complevel 2, so Eternity should run it fine anyway.

8 hours ago, Bri said:

I'm not building it for that, but it's complevel 2, so Eternity should run it fine anyway.

I asked because of slopes.

Edited by Grieferus