• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Penguin

Star Wars

my favorite movie would have to be...  

71 members have voted

1. 1. my favorite movie would have to be...

• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • I HATE STAR WARS or have been living under a rock
    • Star Wars Christmas Special!!!@#!$!%!

ravage said:

Starwars And Startrek are all fine and good, but Dune ownz you all. :)

Most vehemently agreed. As a sci-fi setting, its way cooler than the other two, and far more realistic.

Heh, I remember watching Phantom Menace in the theater back when it was new, in '99 IIRC. Thought it was pretty good, but the first three movies own the new ones.

ESB for sure. It just felt better. IMO Princess Leia had the best hairdo in the forest part of Return of the Jedi.

Star Trek owns Star Wars though, especially TNG, even if it's politically naive and all that shit.

Dune is aweome. There should be more of it.

Does nobody like Babylon 5??? It seems much less naive scientifically and politically than the others and it has a good story to boot! Lots of good characters and a plot that was thought through right from the beginning.

Penguin said:

I just noticed something isn't quite right... my poll has been tainted!!! :D

It took you five and a half months to notice!?!?!?!?

I'm surprised to see as many Trekkies on here that I do.

Here's my philosophy:

If you prefer Star Trek over Star Wars, you suck.
If you prefer Star Wars over Star Trek, you suck.
If you hate both Star Wars and Star Trek, you suck.
If you like both Star Wars and Star Trek equally, you're my new best friend.

Um, Star Trek is okay, but kind of boring. I'll stick with my Star Wars thank you very much. Sure, not as realistic, but that's part of why I like it. And Dune... I don't know, I've never really considered Dune with the others. I like Dune, though.

Python_Junkie said:

No you are.

SPACEBALLS!!!

actually ESB is hands down THE best Star Wars movie. AOTC was the second, followed by a tied ANH and ROTJ, but PM can go fuck itself.

man, rigging polls. another reason why DOOMWORLD is not a political party.

Disorder said:

The one in which Natalie Portman masturbates.

heh.

Assmaster said:

I never cared much for any of them.

Please dont. Stick to the impsex.

Fuck that, stick to Beer++.

Python_Junkie said:

I'm surprised to see as many Trekkies on here that I do.

Here's my philosophy:

I like em both

geekmarine said:

Um, Star Trek is okay, but kind of boring.

You've obviously never seen any of the following eps of TNG:

Conspiracy
Q Who
The Best of Both Worlds
Remember Me
Cause and Effect (it's a bit slow, but still good)
Timescape
Descent

TBOBW especially is a thrill-ride!

Mr. Chris: Then I guess you're my new best friend in that case ;)

'Q Who?' is a great episode, but I still say 'All Good Things...' is the best of them all.

Lord FlatHead said:

I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies. And damn proud of it.

That must be some big mistake in your upbringing ;-)

Scifi is crap, man. You're all fags. God. What the hell.

Sorry, just too much collective geek lovin' in this thread.

For the record, I hate Star Wars with a passion, and Star Trek almost as much - everything is simply too fantastical. I have never cared for "science fiction" where things happen simply because IT'S THE FUTURE BABY! I dislike "space operas" even more, where that sort of behavior is largely the order of the day.

auxois said:

Scifi is crap, man. You're all fags. God. What the hell.

Yes, you're right. I hang my head in shame. All those wasted years enjoying entertainment provided for me by George Lucas & Co. If only I'd known it was making me a fag too. Why didn't someone tell me?

Thank goodness you are here. I was just about to start playing a game in a futuristic setting - on the moons round another planet if you please. In this game, I get the chance to blow away wave after wave of enemies, whilst facing implausible odds and having things jump out at me as I blow them away with (as yet) non existent technology - all just because it's the future baby. But wait, it doesn't stop there. Later in the game, I get to take a trip to hell itself and battle the demons on their home ground.

Thank goodness I have realised that something like this would just be too fantastical. I'm off to watch a good, non fantastical documentary, immerse myself in the financial journals and then have a sensible conversation about the real world with someone. Thanks auxois, you have probably saved me.

Yes. It's good that Auxious makes posts like that. Posts which showcase his true mentality and hint about his intelligence.

Good job Auxious.

(sarcasm if you were unable to grasp it...which I doubt after reading your post)

I had a hard time deciding between Attack Of The Clones and Return Of The Jedi. Since I've seen ROTJ countless times and AOTC is still relatively new for me, I would probably enjoy AOTC the most right now. AOTC also has Nathalie Portman.

Apparently I'm like the anti-nerd, because only in the last year did I see a single complete Star Wars movie from beginning to end. I barrowed the new versions (that have computer animation shoehorned into them) of the older three movies from someone and watched them. Before I had only seen most of the first one and a good amount of the second. They're pretty good, just the little midget bear things (Ewacs?) were kind of lame.

the_Danarchist said:

'Q Who?' is a great episode, but I still say 'All Good Things...' is the best of them all.

Hell, they're both great:

Q Who = INTRODUCTION OF THE BORG, MAN!!!!

All Good Things = One of the few GOOD series finales, and the fact that it's directly tied in with the series premiere makes it even better ;)

auxois said:

For the record, I hate Star Wars with a passion, and Star Trek almost as much - everything is simply too fantastical. I have never cared for "science fiction" where things happen simply because IT'S THE FUTURE BABY! I dislike "space operas" even more, where that sort of behavior is largely the order of the day.

You remind me of my roommate (yes, that roommate) though in an opposite way. He likes Star Trek, and he says it's okay (lit. "not evil") to like Star Trek because "it will never happen; Christ will have come long before that could happen."

I shit you not. The little bastard really thinks this way.