Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Halloween! I am glad to see this tradition is still ongoing. Also a four figure monster count Ribbiks map, yikes.....

28 minutes ago, No-Man Baugh said:

Wonder how MtPain feels about this releasing so soon after his latest Halloween special

Well, he hasn't reviewed Wormwood IV yet, so I don't think this would have changed anything. Though I do have a sneaking suspicion that he purposely chose not to include Wormwood IV in case there's no sequel (It was called "The Final Chapter" after all), so he has something guaranteed for next year.

50 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

And they said Ribbiks retired from mapping!

Said who?

2 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Well, he hasn't reviewed Wormwood IV yet, so I don't think this would have changed anything. Though I do have a sneaking suspicion that he purposely chose not to include Wormwood IV in case there's no sequel (It was called "The Final Chapter" after all), so he has something guaranteed for next year.

Said who?

some random jerks in a twitch chat apparently.

2 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

some random jerks in a twitch chat apparently.

Well, you know, kids these days. ;)

I noticed a may be bug on map03.  The any key switch to what I assumes lower the bfg, of course I pressed it to make sure thats what it meant and it activated and I heard the switch sound.  I had no keys.  But also more importantly nothing happened?  I re loaded and gave did idkfa to make sure it lowered or activated right when I had a key, but also nothing happened.  I thought it would be a softlock without keys for some reason.  Unless this lowers a bfg somehere else in the map idk but If thats the intention, it can be activated without a key. 

played on dsda comp boom

EDIT: Got further into map03 and was able to lower the bfg.  But I wasnt able to find a way to progress after that.  I finished 2 rooms with keys in them and both gave me a green key card.  I found that odd and wondered If I was supposed to get a different key? 

Other edit:  didnt know the keys were randlm.  I did find a fight I missed,but took a break as it's a hell of a map lol.  

Edited by Treehouseminis

Loved it and perhaps the best thing I've played this year, if recency bias is not at play. Probably not, because this kicks ass! Thank you!

What an amazing set.

Spoiler

It's so cool how maps 02 and 03 manage to both be extremely replayable, but do it in completely different ways. Map 02 layout is crazy, and random weapon, powerup and key spawns as well as different options as to where to start the map make it super fun to try again. Curse mechanic in map 03 (on top of - as it turned out from discussions with other people playing this simultaneously - randomised keys as well) is so good, progressing through the map and watching your curse level is very thrilling and finally finding more keys and already having a plan where to use them is really satisfying. The amount of secrets in map 03 makes coming back to it even more interesting (I found 10 on my first playthrough along with all the 6 keys, so quite a few to look for next time). Already anticipating playing through the wad again (maybe even on UV?).

There were so many neat little things that I wanted to praise, but I forgot most of them. However, I wanted to mention that making plasma and bfg use different ammo worked super nicely. Having plasma/sg, plasma/ssg as primary weapons feels very good + bfg does not make plasma almost redundant anymore + finding bfg ammo is much more rewarding when it can be limited like that. Very cool.

Thank you for making this, that was quite an experience. I'm really happy wormwood final chapter wasn't final after all :p

Edited by Ravendesk

6 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

And they said Ribbiks retired from mapping!

You know how it goes with these horror franchises - they say the big guy is dead, call it "the final chapter" and all, but they always return.

oh boy, is it time I get started on this series? Maybe it is.

In Map 03, has anyone gotten...

Spoiler

...the blue armor secret in sector 2517? It seems like maybe you have to jump on the manc platform (sector 1551), but that seems barely possible and from there I can't reach sector 1342 anyway.

secret.png.f7be82857d0de17eb2738aea3649e73f.png

11 minutes ago, JadingTsunami said:

In Map 03, has anyone gotten...

Yes, I got it.

Spoiler

Both jumps are fairly easy to do with SR50. I also got them with SR40 after a few minutes of trying (several times, not just once), but you have to do both jumps in one go without stopping and the second one is fairly precise. So it's possible with SR40 only, just hard. For the second jump, try to aim more for the left part of the platform.

Alternatively you can also just AVJ there, but luring archvile from SSG fight is going to be awkward.

Overall, it's much easier to just SR50 them (if you don't know how to SR50 here is a very nice guide from Meowgi, it's not hard to learn, you just need to get used to the angle https://youtu.be/jdKCHleQ07A).