Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoKnight

Favorite Doom YouTuber?

Edward850’s zen dynamix video is what got me into doom modding so he’s the most influential to me. I also watched Icarus since he started making DMM so Ive always defaulted to him. Decino and marvellers videos are great too

I'm glad you posted this thread because I've been struggling to find good Doom youtubers who are somewhat active. Tons of good recommendations on here. Im really digging mtpain27, he's pretty cool.

For me when i'm mapping i either turn on Doomkid (almost called him dunekid), decino or Mt. Pain 27. But who really got me into the doom youtube was Aquariuses 199 aka Nitro Active.

hmm its kinda hard to pick only one...

decino for his analysis videos and classic doom walkthroughs

zero master for speedrunning

pagb666 for custom maps walkthroughs

kes gaming for maximum doom 100% walkthrough..

do i really need to choose only one? decino.

decino, Vytaan, Doomkid, GermanPeter, sandwedge, Coincident, MtPain27, bredondle, Dwars, Chubzdoomer, pagb666, borogk, WSADKO, Cheelio (okay, mostly just to follow Voxel Doom and other projects, but still very enjoyable)... I'm probably forgetting a whole bunch.

On 12/2/2023 at 3:22 PM, JohnR60 said:

BigMacDavis, decino and Coincident. Watching them together motivated me to play Doom again after a long time and open my own youtube channel where I play some Wads and other videogames in Spanish.

Same for me! There are a ton of other great DoomTubers out there, but those three made me return to Doom during the pandemic after decades of absence.

On 12/2/2023 at 1:43 PM, Maximum Matt said:

This dude

maxresdefault.jpg

Is that Kes Gaming? I remember “accompanying” him with his very first steps in Doom 1 and 2 back then, one or two years ago. Providing some background info on the games and occasionally giving hints, e.g. when he went by a secret that he really needed. Lost track of him since. So he's still doing retro Doom stuff? Cool!

Apart from the “big three” I mentioned above I also like to watch:

• Clippy Clippington (especially when hanging out with his mapping homies)
  • DavidXNewton (without whom I would probably not have come back to mapping)
  • Pistoolkip (from the Netherlands; unfortunately not active at the moment)
  • RoastDoom (I love the “roasted pain elemental” character throwing in occasional ironic/sarcastic comments)
  • TheV1perK1ller (sadly no audio comments, but very skilled and precise playthroughs)

And an honourable mention goes to:

• Batgirl fangirl (whose mix of gaming, drawing, and storytelling is really unique – go sub to her channel, she really deserves more viewers)
Edited by Grizzly Old B

Most of them were already mentioned so I'm just gonna give a shoutout to Neurometry and Korendian199 since they haven't appeared in this thread yet and I really like their videos/streams.

On 12/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, Rudolph said:

pagb666. His video walkthroughs are most helpful.

pagb666 is a godsend for finding that one last secret in that one obscure WAD you're playing!

14 minutes ago, Danlex said:

Most of them were already mentioned so I'm just gonna give a shoutout to Neurometry and Korendian199 since they haven't appeared in this thread yet and I really like their videos/streams.

Yeah, I was gonna say Korendian, even though he doesn't play doom much anymore, just quake. Which is alright since it turned out his quake videos are lots of fun tbh.

Have some links, in case anyone doesn't know about Koren's alternate channel

https://www.youtube.com/@korendian/videos

https://www.youtube.com/@KorendianB/videos

My favorite Koren videos are probably this playthrough of Warpspasm ("the Sunder of quake", allegedly) on a hidden, mostly-untested difficulty mode:

The shamefully under-mentioned DavidXNewton is my favorite Doom youtuber, as in, my favorite person who happens to be a Doom youtuber.

If I'm being honest, though, decino and mtpain27 have a better hit/miss rate for me in terms of individual gameplay videos.  This is substantially due to the fact that David's brand leans more towards playing rough newbie maps than, you know, good ones, whereas the other two will show off maps that are actually fun to see (decino's often-cringey 'viewer submitted' videos notwithstanding).

In terms of Doom development videos, DavidN is once again right up there, along with chubzdoomer and doomkid.

Although I don't watch him so often these days, Coincident's Going Down and Sunlust playthroughs were instrumental in getting me into the wider Doom world, and thus Doomworld. Informative, amusing, and the rhythmic clicketty-clack of reloading shotties and mechanical keyboards is just plain therapeutic to me.

@Doomkid's descriptive stuff is a treasure, but I feel that he shines brightest in the same spots as @sandwedge (back when he still did vids), @Biodegradable and @Clippy: you can watch their playthroughs intently, or leave 'em on in the background and it feels like you have friends that like talking about Doom telling you about this sick new WAD they've just discovered. Cosy af.

I think BigMacDavis should get alot more attention! 

He have posted Doom videos for like 10 years on Youtube explaining how you go thru every level!

Respect yo! 

1 hour ago, jerrysheppy said:

(decino's often-cringey 'viewer submitted' videos notwithstanding)

I might be biased because my submission was picked recently, but I really like these videos. For the creators of maps, they're a great way to get feedback or exposure, and for me as a player, I like seeing stuff that isn't made by the community's most well-known and celebrated mappers get featured. The amount of clever wads that get completely overlooked because they don't have a well-known name attached to them is way too high, and the viewer submissions alleviate that a lot. I found some really enjoyable levels through them being viewer submitted.

8 minutes ago, bofu said:

I might be biased because my submission was picked recently, but I really like these videos.

Congrats for your map being picked! It seemed that decino was really happy for you.

I hoped until #25 for my entry to get picked, but I guess it'll have to wait until the next round of viewer submissions ...

Chubz for the simple fact he taught me how to work with DooM Builder 2.

BigMacDavis because a fellow pony DooMer. Plus his let's plays are seriously fun as all heck to watch! ^w^

As many have said, Decino is pretty peak for engine insider knowledge, and Dwars is fun too for a similar vibe like his "subjective look at sourceports" series (though he hasn't done many "analysis" type vids lately. Civvie 11 isn't specifically Doom but he's done a lot of Doom-centric content and his ironic MST3K vs. alcoholic boomer uncle vibes stay pretty consistently entertaining, and he does a good job of injecting developer and design context into his vids, like his legendary Duke Nukem forever vid. Chubzdoomer places high as well for his great tutorials and dulcet southern drawl. Finally, both Vinesauce Joel and Vinesauce Vinny have done good Doom content, though I remember Joel had a controversy with one of his mapping contests a few years ago.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention Doomkid for his great guides on Vanilla compatible modding and cozy vibes, and MtPain27 for his excellent "Dean of Doom" series. Karl Jobst's coverage of some Doom speedrunning history is also good, and recently got into some of German Peter's content.

Edited by Razordoom : forgot a couple dudes

BigMacDavis and Berserk Doomer are my current favorites, BigMac for his walkthroughs and Berserk Doomer for his Project Brutality and Guncaster badassery. Decino and Coincident are also big favorites of mine, particularly Coincident with his facerocket vids.

I was also a big fan of Hexa and his Complex Doom vids back in the day, though he seems to have dropped off the face of the Doomsphere these days.

Spoiler

theres this girl called fruity lerlups on youtube i think she makes pretty cool videos jksjks

fr tho, Andrea Rovenski, BeefGee, Brainfreeez, Dwars and ofc the Pumpkin Man.

On 12/1/2023 at 5:24 PM, CacoKnight said:

While I'll never get at this next one's level either, I think Brainfreezzzzz has to be my favorite Doom YouTuber, his comments, jokes, how mad he gets and his insane skills, which make even the hardest map look easy, is just too enjoyable to watch.

I've gotten really into Brainfreezzzzzzzzzzz a lot lately too, his brand of humor goes really well with the inherent silliness of slaughter maps.  And his NoSP3 runs are awesome.