Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[RC5] EVITERNITY II - RC5 Released!

24 minutes ago, LVENdead said:

I need to buy a print of this art like YESTERDAY.

We are looking arranging somewhere for people to get art prints at some point, though I imagine bugfixing comes first!

The full image is 3x the scale linked here, so we should be able to get some good high quality prints! :D

Out of curiosity, what sort of prints would be most interesting? Posters, t-shirts or something else?

MAP33

Spoiler

The gameplay is unique and interesting but I think it will be better if player is allowed to make some mistake. I think the map would still be hard if I have 5-10 Life.

Just start Episode4 recently, and I can really FEEL the increase in the difficulty here! I start to fear what am I going to face in the final episode.

About a new monster....

Spoiler

I think 'Cyberbaron' is a bit too aggressive. He fires his first rocket so fast after he woke up. I often get hit if he unexpectedly appear near me. Many of my death came from him.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

We are looking arranging somewhere for people to get art prints at some point, though I imagine bugfixing comes first!

The full image is 3x the scale linked here, so we should be able to get some good high quality prints! :D

Out of curiosity, what sort of prints would be most interesting? Posters, t-shirts or something else?

Personally speaking I'd love to put a poster of that up on my wall.

I would absolutely buy a tshirt and poster. Can't think of anything else to be honest!

Posters, t-shirts, or just smaller prints would be awesome.

A few more small issues I came across. Again, sorry if they were already reported.

Map 14:

Spoiler

Seems like this gap is a softlock if you fall into it

CfVXqtv.png

Map 15:

Spoiler

I have no idea how the spider demon ended up here...

Ffk7OXo.png

While I am sure my skill would be sub-par to even start out with this, I unpacked the soundtrack immediately upon seeing the go live moment on midnight... and here's what I got to see. That's some incredibly accurate planning on your part folks :)

image.png.cbf1c096d18c497c6422e97d5b8d05bb.png

On 12/10/2023 at 6:28 PM, AnotherGrunt said:

Great. I'm not porting this thing to DOS. No way. I'm simply NOT…

Rrrright... all those PNG textures, OGG music for MAP30 (again?!), MBF21 and @Altazimuth literary just now posting EE capable of running it. Probably Doom needs to turn another 10 before this gets ported :)

MAP01 -

Spoiler

I'm a bit stuck - I went over the jump bridge thingies after the red key and some green armour spawned, but I don't seem to have anywhere to go? I watche d a video and for someone else, there was a Cacodemon thing. I'm playing in Doom Retro, is it just a source port issue?

5 minutes ago, Duffking said:

MAP01 -

Hide contents

I'm a bit stuck - I went over the jump bridge thingies after the red key and some green armour spawned, but I don't seem to have anywhere to go? I watche d a video and for someone else, there was a Cacodemon thing. I'm playing in Doom Retro, is it just a source port issue?

I believe the intended Source Ports here are dsda-doom and GZDoom

If you check the Download page, it gives very good instructions on how to set them up :)

7 minutes ago, Duffking said:

I'm playing in Doom Retro, is it just a source port issue?

Doom Retro is not (currently) a supported port. The only ports we've targetted are DSDA-Doom and GZDoom (and the latest versions of each, respectively - please ensure your ports are up to date!)

I've yet to test for myself, but based on Altazimuth's post recently, Eternity Engine now supports Eviternity II as well - but again, I can't confirm this for myself.

Played up to map 11, really enjoying the wad so far. Difficulty seems fine to me on UV.

Spotted a bleeding midtexture here on map 09 :

Spoiler

doom0811.png

Misaligned support texture not too far from that spot :

Spoiler

doom0911.png

Misaligned texture on map 31 as well :

Spoiler

doom0516.png

46 minutes ago, Duffking said:

Gotcha, thanks. I'll get DSDA downloaded then. Thought I might get away with Retro as IIRC it has MBF21.

For non-Decorate ports, in addition to MBF21 the source port also needs to support DSDHacked (unlimited Dehacked entries) which, according to Doomwiki, Doom Retro currently doesn't have.

On 12/10/2023 at 9:49 PM, Tristan said:

Yeah the MBF compat setting in GZDoom seems to ignore the MBF21 linedef flags like block players and block land monsters, which we tended to use a lot on fences and stuff so flying monsters can still pass over them but everything else is blocked. Personally all the GZDoom testing I did for this was just on default compatability

Yeah I found this issue too. With some mucking around you can still use whatever Compatibility you like for GZDoom, just make sure the "Disable MBF21 Features" setting under "Map/Action Behaviour" in Compatibility Settings is set to NO. You can still use all the other compat settings you like, eg I prefer to turn Infinite Tall Actors off etc etc :)

I got to Map 31 and kept wondering if I was breaking the map or not by running through walls!! 

Good stuff. Made it to MAP11 so far. Big fan of the dehacked changes done to the first one's bestiary and all the new additions (so far) as well.

I found a very minor mis-texture on MAP05, coordinates on this screenshot to show it's location:

Spoiler

xrmt8bql.png

Hello, I'm up to map 14 and this has been top-notch so far. I think you all evolved immensely since the, now first eviternity, and saying that as it was very good already, with this one I'm in awe of every single little-to-big detail. There is the only unfortunate that it's getting progressively more difficult for my laptop to bare with the amount of craft seen at once (11 fps has been the lowest so far but we'll see), but all is worth at the end cause this is magnifique 

Some tiny observations before I forget where I saw them:

Spoiler

- Found myself stuck as I dropped down here. From sector 964 you can fall onto the water through the gap between the higher rocks. 

- Misaligned wall over here

- I think that portion of rock should have a grass flat on it? like the rest I mean. That's sectors 2272 and 2273

- The map titles after you press any key at the tally screen appear displayed like this for me for some reason. This is dsda-doom 0.27.3 btw.

- Curiosity, is it intentional that cyberdemons, and I guess spider masterminds, don't make any alert sounds at any volume? None have growled/screamed so far, they just appear making stomp noises. 

EDIT: ftr I was typing this before DF's comment popped up and didn't refresh so, ignore if some of that was changed lol

map 05 RC 2

Certain sidedefs on lines 506, 1144, 500, 1140, 502, 1136, 504, 505 and 1131 need a Y offset of 736.

397447732_map05Yoffset.jpg.b0f34c7d32277aab9903b3169bb1e720.jpg

Regarding some of the interior areas of Map 06: the regular pulsing of the torch flames is rather strobing, and while I'm not epileptic, I do have some amount of light sensitivity, so if those areas can have those light patterns adjusted at all, that would be much appreciated.

Just finished Map18 and W O W, the colors, trees, panorama, the castle ..every time I say this is the best map I've ever seen the next one is even better. This WAD is insane, the atmosphere, the music, the maps design, the website presentation, I have no words. You guys need to setup a way for people to send donations no joke, actually I think most map/music designers should but yeah, thank you for this amazing gift.

8 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Some tiny observations before I forget where I saw them:

Thanks for the compliments! :)

Regarding the issues you posted, some are already fixed in RC2, but equally some hadn't been reported yet - the ones still outstanding we'll look to repair for RC3. Thanks!

4 hours ago, akolai said:

here's a big old list of every issue i've managed to find (RC1)
evi2rnitywasmadebyhackfrauds.zip

lmfao, that file name. As if impostor syndrome wasn't kicking in enough already.. 😅

Thanks for the list and the precision with which you've listed the various issues, we will go through and make changes where appropriate!

8 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Certain sidedefs on lines 506, 1144, 500, 1140, 502, 1136, 504, 505 and 1131 need a Y offset of 736.

Good catch, this will be fixed in RC3

7 hours ago, Bytefyre said:

Regarding some of the interior areas of Map 06: the regular pulsing of the torch flames is rather strobing, and while I'm not epileptic, I do have some amount of light sensitivity, so if those areas can have those light patterns adjusted at all, that would be much appreciated.

This is a good point; I'll see if there's anything we can do to mitigate the strength of the pulsing while retaining the ambience it presents.

6 hours ago, CacoKnight said:

You guys need to setup a way for people to send donations no joke

Thanks for your kind words!!

I do have a PayPal link should you wish to donate, I'll forward it on to the rest of the team.

An entire melodeath verse to explain the most basic of sequel premises in existence. Yup, it's Eviternity for sure. The first three levels are absolutely amazing, and I love the concept for the first episode in general. Only missing one secret on MAP03 after forty minutes of searching, too bad it's the one I actually want. I didn't see the sign next to it at first, but even so that light color instantly clued me in as to what that is. Now to figure out how to get there...