Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aquarium

What's your favourite Doom game?

Honestly, i like all of them. I've played from Doom 1 to Doom 3, then i watched full playthrough videos on YouTube about Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal because unfortunately my laptop cannot run those two games.

Honestly gotta go with the lady from the Pacific Northwest here - Ultimate Doom. Doom 2 is a lovely base for modding due to its wider variety, but for a nice and pure "distilled" version of Doom, Ultimate Doom does it better. I think it can be best compared - as in, Ultimate Doom vs Doom 2 - as Ultimate Doom being a game, and Doom 2 being a platform. Ain't mean one's better than another, but I love the more concentrated and planned-out Ultimate Doom.

This choice is based purely on the game's content, though I will say with old school Doom I play them on GZDoom which obviously offer a lot of things the strict original releases did not have, but I am considering it from the best possible circumstances of me playing them. 

My favourite is Doom 2. Yes. I actually like the vast majority of the maps. There's a couple of duds but like all the games have parts that aren't great. 

I think Turbo Overkill outdoes Doom Eternal as well so I kinda feel less impressed with that game now. 

DooM 2 for me. Much as I loved The Ultimate DooM, the sequel offered so many more enemies (plus, the versatile DB shotgun), that I've replayed it far more times than TUD.

I'll walk out on the heresy plank and state that I haven't played DooM 3, DooM 2016, DooM Eternal, or any of the games that succeeded DooM 2.

Ultimate Doom. I just love the techbase type of design and loved the idea about being in the moons of Mars which were invaded by hellish forces.

Doom Eternal. I love also Doom 2016 but when i played Eternal, i entered in another dimension.

PSX Doom just for the horror themed music.

Always saw Doom as a horror game, and the heavy metal breaks the suspense, imo.

TNT NUMERO UNO

TNT NUMERO UNO

If TNT has million fans, then I'm one of them.
If TNT has one fan, then I'm THAT ONE.
If TNT has no fans, that means I'm dead.

1 minute ago, Fonze said:

Heretic 🐔❤️

As a resource to make other content from, Heretic is a bit lacking compared to Doom 2.

As a standalone game, Heretic is my favourite by a longshot.

Tough to say really but I would prioritize the following...

Doom 64

Doom 2 and Ultimate Doom (yeah there are differences but I have played good stuff for both)

Plutonia

If Doom 2 has 5 million fans I am one of them, if Doom 2 has 100 fans I am one of them, if Doom 2 only has 1 fan, that is me, if Doom 2 no longer has any fans it is because I no longer I am in this world

Doom 64.

I still remember the day I understood the game. Months ago I watched videos of Doom64, reviews of this, etc. When I finally bought it, it was incredible. I loved it. I squeezed every last bit out of it. I think it's the doom game that I played the most times. . Although the game is repetitive and the difficulty watched me die I was quite disappointed. I will still enjoy it a lot and possibly my favorite doom

Doom 1 for sure. Doom 2 is a close second for me.

Haven't played Doom 3 or Eternal.

2016 is fine but doesn't suit my personal taste as much.

18 hours ago, Fonze said:

Heretic 🐔❤️

I didn't even consider DooM "clones" when originally posting on this thread.

I will say that, even though I thoroughly enjoyed Heretic, I felt that HeXen carried the medieval concept much further. Plus, the hub feature (which was confusing at first) introduced a far-reaching element of replayability.

Final Doom. I love how Plutonia takes the puzzle box design of Doom 2 ramps it up, and how TNT feels like a wild adventure.

i love the whole og series. :D

doom 1 cuz of its amazing gameplay and how it started doom in general. doom 2 cuz of the added tex and the fun new experimental maps. doom 64 cuz of its twist on the gameplay and its atmosphere. doom 3 cuz of the atmosphere and the new horror twist on doom, and its twist on the gameplay similar to that of PREY or FEAR/condemned. and final doom cuz of its addition of the master levels and how it gave attention to Evilution and Plutonia and its respective devs. :)

Doom 3, I'm still impressed by the graphics. Graphic-whoring aside, I also really like the monster redesigns and the creepy-crawly kind of scary atmosphere it has. I've actually been meaning to play the non-BFG: Edition version because I liked it better not being able to use a weapon and the flashlight at the same time.

Definitely The Ultimate Doom, up until some beginning parts of Ep3 - rest of Ep3 and 4 was just horrid to play, way too annoying in many parts. Overall a nice game.

Gotta say, Doom 64 just clicks with me. Didn't finish it unfortunately, because lost interest in the series at some point, but just loved the sounds, animations, textures, sprites, atmosphere... Just really cool.

Doom 2 felt like playing those same Ep3 and 4 from TUD1, but more extended and straight up dropped it, just not for me. Doom 3 was boring as hell.

I have some issues with Doom II, notably the uneven pacing of its official mapset, which causes most of my playthroughs to end around MAP16. That being said, it is the IWAD that I use the most, given the sheer amount of custom content for it - which includes Final Doom, because let us face it, despite being standalone IWADs technically speaking, TNT Evilution and Plutonia are essentially Doom II mapsets.

So in that sense, I would call it my favorite Doom game.

Doom 2 and eternal are the best games. Doom 64 would beat doom 2 if it was ported more and had every enemy from doom 2.

Doom 2016 is amazing. Final doom is alright. Ultimate doom is alright but gets repetitive after episode 2.

Doom 3 I’m mixed about. Doom 3 is ok and I wouldn’t have any problems if it was from its own franchise. But it’s a doom game, and compared to the rest it sucks