Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myolden

Doom 2 In City Only [RC6] - Now featuring all maps!

13 minutes ago, myolden said:

Right now we're waiting for the map 19 replacement, which should be done sometime in the next 2 weeks or so (possibly sooner). After that gets tested and implemented we'll move to an idgames release shortly after.

Cool, thank you!

kinda surprised at how much these maps deviate from the doom 2 maps, but it's a pleasant surprise considering how tiny and cramped doom 2's maps can be

i think urban theming for mapsets is really underrated, i assume people are just turned off by how confusing the doom 2 city levels were

13 minutes ago, princetontiger said:

I really love these maps... Is jumping allowed?

Jumping (and in some cases freelook) will break progression on several maps. 

Congrats on the RC release. They look great and now I have too much backlog to play...

2 hours ago, myolden said:

Jumping (and in some cases freelook) will break progression on several maps. 

Good to know. Thx. I couldn't figure out how to get the soulsphere in map02, so I jumped.

Posted (edited)

I got around to finish playing this megawad. It looks amazing overall, but I did get lost quite a bit due to how huge some of these maps are. I also didn't realize this megawad got into crazy slaughter map territories so often, so I had to lower the difficulty level while playing. With that said, kudos to everyone who submitted a map for this project.

712638079_MAP07-.jpg.3d796fc24f115e6dd3a8abbab14ee97c.jpg

@cannonball, those three arachnotrons don't want to teleport out from the technical area. Maybe for this I need to pick up something that didn't fit in my backpack anymore? :))

Or maybe this has already been fixed in RC4 and I missed it?

16 minutes ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

712638079_MAP07-.jpg.3d796fc24f115e6dd3a8abbab14ee97c.jpg

@cannonball, those three arachnotrons don't want to teleport out from the technical area. Maybe for this I need to pick up something that didn't fit in my backpack anymore? :))

Or maybe this has already been fixed in RC4 and I missed it?

Hmm, I have made some changes that were implemented into RC4 I believe, however I am not sure whether this will fix the issue. I certainly didn’t have issues with those spiders when I tested in DSDA, though the closets are a little snug so depending on what source port you are using then it might simply be a case of me giving them a little more room in their closet. 
Either that or something happened by accident to mechanically prevent their release or stops them waking up.

@cannonball, I'm playing through GZDoom - maybe this could cause a problem?

1 minute ago, cannonball said:

Hmm, I have made some changes that were implemented into RC4 I believe

Oh, I'll check it.

I replayed the map in the RC4 version. Now there are six arachnotrons sitting there instead of three and they still don't want to come out. Apparently, it's about the source port.

7 hours ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

Apparently, it's about the source port.

I had the same issue in GZDoom as well, but I think I'm still on RC3.

I'm only on MAP 2 but this fucking rules so hard. I know it's a little early to say it but this might be a contender for one my favorite megawads honestly. Great job to everyone who worked on this!

Posted (edited)

MAP09: the secret counter shows 5/6 and on the automap itself, even with iddt, only five are visible and the sixth is not displayed. What is this mysterious secret? At first I thought it was an extra secret sector or something like that but in the RC4 version, on the contrary, there are more secrets on this map. So the question remains open.

MAP10: Upon the Brink of Trancendence. Doesn't the last word in the title spell like this: "TranScendence"? Or both options are appropriate?

Edited by RaRu Des2122

2 hours ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

MAP09: the secret counter shows 5/6 and on the automap itself, even with iddt, only five are visible and the sixth is not displayed. What is this mysterious secret? At first I thought it was an extra secret sector or something like that but in the RC4 version, on the contrary, there are more secrets on this map. So the question remains open.

MAP10: Upon the Brink of Trancendence. Doesn't the last word in the title spell like this: "TranScendence"? Or both options are acceptable?

Amazing that a typo like that made it this far without someone noticing! Not sure about map 09, I'll have @realjohnmadden look into it.

On 3/17/2024 at 2:29 AM, liPillON said:

this pwad includes a widescreen-capable stbar lump, which the Fullscreen Statusbar mod does not support (both in split and unsplit modes)

Load this additional pwad (it contains a cropped STBAR lump) after the mapset and before the hud mod

D2ICO_STBAR_320px.zip

To me, this does not work. Does loading the PWAD after the Mapset mean load it above or below the MegaWAD?

2 minutes ago, ConMan3222 said:

To me, this does not work. Does loading the PWAD after the Mapset mean load it above or below the MegaWAD?

Below would be after. Top is always first.

18 hours ago, myolden said:

Amazing that a typo like that made it this far without someone noticing! Not sure about map 09, I'll have @realjohnmadden look into it.

So turns out this puddle of toxic waste in the underground city actually counts as its' own secret lmao

image.png.544d98a87646098d73cc07cafdcb4603.png

22 hours ago, NecrumWarrior said:

Below would be after. Top is always first.

It still does not work. I even tried modifying the WAD in Slade3 but to no avail. liPillON said to load the PWAD before the HUD mod, but that did not work either. What is going on?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ConMan3222 said:

It still does not work. I even tried modifying the WAD in Slade3 but to no avail. liPillON said to load the PWAD before the HUD mod, but that did not work either. What is going on?

There's a blank STARMS lump in the WAD (two of them, actually) that messes up the HUD mod. Try this:

D2ICO_STBAR_320px.zip

(I just added a new STARMS lump to @liPillON's WAD, cropped from the existing status bar graphic)

Also, judging from your screenshot, you're loading the map WAD after the status bar replacement; it should be the other way around.

15 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

There's a blank STARMS lump in the WAD (two of them, actually) that messes up the HUD mod. Try this:

D2ICO_STBAR_320px.zip

(I just added a new STARMS lump to @liPillON's WAD, cropped from the existing status bar graphic)

Also, judging from your screenshot, you're loading the map WAD after the status bar replacement; it should be the other way around.

It works, thank you, Shepardus. I appreciate it.

Posted (edited)

Probably found a bug in map 22: You can just walk through the fence that's next to the red skull key, it is not marked as impassable.

I was originally going to wait to upload RC5 until the replacement map 19 was ready, but seeing as this project got voted in for the Doomworld Megawad Club this month I figured they should get the latest and greatest. Map 19 should be in this week!

On 4/5/2024 at 8:59 PM, eater29 said:

Hi! Hopefully the wait was worth it. I hope you like secrets :]

It was! Lots of tough and fun combat puzzles. A lot of those secrets were hidden very well. Definitely a highlight for sure in a WAD full of highlights.