Speed of Doom demos (-complevel 9)

Map 10 UV-Max in 5:56

sd10-556.zip

(Edit: Not for DSDA, see comment below.) 

Edited by rdwpa
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Map13 UV Max/Reality:

sd13y1111.zip

Youtube Video

It's a nice run time which shows I must be a single ;P

Fortunately, the part requires luck is the switch in the Red Skull room, which it's the beginning. Shotgunner is usually the run terminator because you have no way to hide from that trap if they actually decide to shoot you. The hard part is the Red Skull room, which involves enemies from all directions where you can be shot at without being noticed.

After like several hours in, I wanted to give up for a moment because I don't really have a good method to deal with things, but I took another like 30 min to improve the strategy. There was a run that I got hit by the last Revenant (enemy 130 out of 131), which made me so mad... Anyway, I'm done with this map.

3 people like this

Cool that you are doing reality runs. I've enjoyed those casually, but I've never tried an official one. I think I'll look more into these, as well as maybe trying some ambitious -fasts. :)

2 people like this

I marked my sd10 max not for DSDA. Sorry. Hopefully no one gets upset :P, but upon sober reflection there are a couple of moments I'm displeased with, so I'll polish it further over the course of the month and I'll submit one later, with the old one included in the zip.

Edited by rdwpa
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Map 10 UV-Max in 5:56

sd10-556.zip

(Edit: Not for DSDA, see comment below.) 

Very good !

1 person likes this

@rdwpaWell, I think it's more like a challenge run or some sort for me to run Reality. It's kind of depressed to run because you usually can't do it quick (of course this may be my skill level) and sometimes you must pray for luck, but it's a nice change from other type of runs. It's definitely recommended when you want some rage ;P

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Map 25 UV-Max in 6:16

:)

sd25-616.zip

Awesome!!! This one map was always painful to me hehe :D such a great run. I wonder if you tried map 26 or 31 :)

1 person likes this