Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Possible Doom Movie Reboot in 3D

Enjay said:

24th Chromosome pseudo-science indeed. Just open a portal to hell dammit! ;)

In-fukken-deed!

I have no doubt if they make a 2nd Doom film it will be complete crap devoid of Hell.

If a Doom movie featured Hell, we would probably want to actually see it (i.e Hell). That would probably increase the cost of the film.

Similarilly, would anyone in joe public get offended if whatever Hell looks like in a Doom movie isn't how they pictured it.

The different Doom games depict Hell in different ways.

Sorry for the double post but I bet retards would get offended by it long before it's release and at the end it will be a toned down piece of kak

Violator said:

Sorry for the double post but I bet retards would get offended by it long before it's release and at the end it will be a toned down piece of kak

Yeah, if there IS a hell in the movie, chances are it will just be little guys in red suits with plastic pitchforks.

chungy said:

The Doom film wasn't quite *that* terrible, and actually probably one of the best video game-to-film translations

You mustn't have seen Uwe Boll's "Postal: the Movie" then. That one is REALLY faithful to the game, to an unprecedented degree. Of course, the fact that the game itself wasn't exactly a champion of good taste and mainstream fun for all the family didn't exactly halp taking the point across :-p

Quasar said:

Here are the two reasons you won't see a DOOM movie with the full bevy of Satanic imagery and "Welcome to Hell" storyline:

• Fundies and their stupid protests
  • Probability of missing the oh-so-lucrative PG-13 market

Again, I'd say let Uwe Boll do it. He'd just fill those fundie's ass with so much concrete, they'd feel like a Mac user after reading Maddox's iPhone review.

I say let whoever made the Mario Bros movie do the Doom one. I loved the Mario Bros and Doom movies because i didn't expect real similiar stories and setting, but i kept noticing lots of neat references.

I would like to see a new doom movies if:

1) it is inspired by the original doom, and not by doom 3
2) there are demons.

Lorenzo

Vermil said:

Similarilly, would anyone in joe public get offended if whatever Hell looks like in a Doom movie isn't how they pictured it.

Meh, plenty of movies have depicted hell, demons and all that kind of stuff. Someone just needs to go with their vision. A movie with hell in it, however, is not a novel concept so it will be as acceptable/unacceptable as it always is.

Enjay said:

Meh, plenty of movies have depicted hell, demons and all that kind of stuff. Someone just needs to go with their vision. A movie with hell in it, however, is not a novel concept so it will be as acceptable/unacceptable as it always is.

How many movies have the protagonist travelling in hell and killing demons with a shotgun?

chungy said:

Still, I'd love a movie that was truer to the game. Forget about believability or realism, let's have bright red floating cacodemons already!

If they are in any way remotely clever, they'd try to tie their movie with Doom 4 and therefore use that game's aesthetic. I kinda doubt id is going to use bright red cacodemons in the next Doom title, but maybe.

Gez said:

If they are in any way remotely clever, they'd try to tie their movie with Doom 4 and therefore use that game's aesthetic. I kinda doubt id is going to use bright red cacodemons in the next Doom title, but maybe.

I've always interpreted the bright red cacodemon as a floating ball of infected, swelling and bleeding flesh, perhaps id has a concept similar to this?

Christopher Nolan, if he can make a guy running around at night in a bat suit and a guy with make up to look like a clown beleivable, he can do DOOM

I've always hoped that a better Doom movie would come out, one perhaps more close to the games (Doom 3 in particular since I like the characters and monster styles, which could blend well into a movie. In fact, the best part about the first Doom Movie were the monster designs themselves. Everything else needed work).

However, I don't think I'll be paing 12 more bucks to see it in 3D. My 3D experiance was ruined with James Cameron's Avafarce. God awful.

Movies and video games are going down the same path.

All of them suck now
They are all the same thing
and the only people who still like them are under the age of 20 (excluding my self)

yellowmadness54 said:

Movies and video games are going down the same path.

All of them suck now
They are all the same thing
and the only people who still like them are under the age of 20 (excluding my self)

Get out.

Marnetmar said:

Get out.

I could have said that differently.

I meant movies now, not all movies, just the recent ones.

And games as well.

Games coming out now are clones of the last
Movies coming out now are clones of the last in that genre.

Movies now are lacking originallity and anything interesting.

Or they just look insanely awful (pirhana 3D, any one?)

yellowmadness54 said:

Movies now are lacking originallity and anything interesting

No:

Processingcontrol said:

No:

Its just another die hard action that attempts "mind fucking" you with special effects and calling it done.

Where else have I seen movies like this...

Assessment Bereu, avatar, whats that new one with the pill....limitless, etc

The majority of entertainment (music, movies, games, what-not) have been shitty and derivative for decades.

It sounds like you're about at the age where you can sense how crappy the new stuff that comes out is, but you haven't yet realized that it's been that way since before you were born. That, and you probably only remember the past movies and games that were good, rather than the huge torrents of trash that was around back then as well.

I thought the Doom movie was an opportunity missed. At least another movie would be another opportunity. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I get to see it for myself.

I also thought the Doom story would have been best served by a 90s style Manga (I say 90's style because I've seen no Manga from any other era. Maybe the genre hasn't changed since then, I wouldn't know). It seems the perfect vehicle for the uncompromising ultra-voilence, satanic themes and outlandish, almost cartoony, creatures. Plus the videogame -> Manga conversion Street Fighter worked well.

yellowmadness54 said:

Movies now are lacking originallity and anything interesting.

Or they just look insanely awful (pirhana 3D, any one?)

Hey, you do realize that the awfulness of Piranha 3D was intentional, right?

Anyways, there are plenty of films that have come out in the last 5 years that have enough individual merit to stand on their own 2 legs. Children of Men, 28 Days Later, Exit Through the Gift Shop, In Bruges, Black Dynamine.... I could keep listing really. Films have always been, for the most part, derivative of what's come out before. Each story, though, can have enough differentiation in character and setting that the meaning of two seemingly similar films are completely different in context. You should try to pick up on that.

Oh, and probably watch better films.

The ideal Doom movie that I would want them to make would be Doom 2: Hell on Earth with the monsters looking like the original, but it would also be cool if the movie was directly tied into Doom 4 and was a prequel to it. Unfortunately both of these are unlikely.

I have little hopes for this movie to be amazing but I'm still very excited to see anything new that's Doom related since I'm a massive Doom fan.

Phobus said:

Constantine certainly was along those lines.

I was gonna say Constantine so imagine my happy surprise at seeing it as the first response :O

Constantine 2 is in the works I hear

The only thing I liked about Constantine was Peter Stromare. The rest was 'meh'. I was hoping more for the Spear of Destiney stuff, but that wasn't used much either.

I want a Wolfenstein movie anywho.