Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

stewboy said:

Ah yes, sorry about that, I've been slack lately. I will try and do something soon :(

It's OK, maybe I should just stick with the track you sent me. I don't think it's a bad song, I just wasn't sure it would fit. I was listening to it again recently and I think I have a better perspective on what you were trying to do.

I tested my map in the new version of Chocolate Doom (version 1.5), which authorizes finally to play in fullscreen (for the 32 bits color compatible). Before, I played in a older version, where I was obliged to play in a window, 320 x 200 px, because I am on windows 7.
But, in fullscreen, I have VPOs which appear (two for the moment) apparently, VPOs are more visible in fullscreen.. I finish my map first, and I shall to see it after.

franckFRAG said:

But, in fullscreen, I have VPOs which appear (two for the moment) apparently, VPOs are more visible in fullscreen..

You mean HOM?

It's passed some times since i completed my map for this project.
How is the megawad going?

It is doing well. I am waiting for one or two more mappers to complete their maps before we can start the testing phase (no rush franckFRAG :-).

One thing: @Xaser and Mista_T: Have you sent the final versions of your maps (Wicked Garden and Gambit) yet? Not sure if you have so just checking. Thanks.

Will be doing some changes to the DM area as well as the main play area, which will be the absolute last changes.

@Joshy: Yes, the "RC1" version of the wad (in both Helix and Garden's case) is final, it seems. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Xaser said:

@Joshy: Yes, the "RC1" version of the wad (in both Helix and Garden's case) is final, it seems. Hopefully that's a good sign.

Thanks, got it now. All's on track now. I will very soon post the most likely map list with the maps accepted. It is looking likely that almost all authors will have at least one maps included.

I'm ready to accept that my map is one of the weaker ones in the project, and will certainly not be dissappointed if I don't make the final cut, given that we're a good few maps over the expected 32.

I'll probably just release it as a solo project of some description in the event that it is rejected. I'm looking forwards to the release of this!

@Phobus: If you want to have a partner, i may be with you if one or both of my maps are rejected (I hope not).

If there's more slots that need to be filled, I'd like to try and do one more map. Or maybe collaborate with someone. Just let me know.

didierbertrand said:

hi
i'm a plutonia style fan, i was wondering if it's possible to join the tester team ?

Well, you could be a tester for the first compiled version if you'd like.

Anyway, I think it's best if I mention whose maps has made it and whose hasn't... here is the list:

01 - stonewall (joshy)
02 - temple of cetza (pcorf)
03 - escape from ghost town (Lorenzo)
04 - emerald pools (c30n9)
05 - that flooded place (keeper of jericho)
06 - stony halls (matt tropiano) 
07 - caughtisle (joshy)
08 - UAC garden facility (waverider)
09 - ruined kingdom (tatsurd-cacocaco)
10 - bloodbath (JC)
11 - will you be my NME? (darkwave0000)

12 - velocity (k!r4)
13 - slaughter zone (pcorf)
14 - undertaker (Phobus)
15 - helix (xaser)

31 - cyberdemon vertigo (whoo)
32 - have@it (wilou)

16 - gambit (mista_t)
17 - the unholy crypt (evocalvin)
18 - Phantom Silence (evocalvin)
19 - venom (waverider)
20 - sinister daybreak (tatsurd-cacocaco)

21 - asmodeus circle (keeper of jericho)
22 - suicide mission (valkiriforce)
23 - necrogenesis (wilou)
24 - terra incognita (4mer)
25 - wicked garden (xaser)
26 - poison ivy III (joshy/belial)
27 - planned overload (armouredblood)
28 - dance with the devil (matt tropiano)
29 - atlatl (mechadon)
30 - In the Eye of the Beholder (tv)
Infested Compound, The Gutterway, Schlachthause and Pitfalls had to be unfortunately cut out (Not because they were bad, mind you!).

This is a rough maplist but however, the most likely final maplist. There is still one more map in the works by FranckFRAG. Hypothetically, if it makes the list, it'll possibly replace either Escape from Ghost Town or UAC Garden Facility (it depends on the map itself) but most likely UAC Garden Facility to be fair.

Anddd, thanks for the offer Mechadon, but no thanks. Not necessary. :-)

What would the testers need to look for in this case? Map ordering and error checking? I'd be down for full testing and integrity checking.

Also, you have my forum name down for Gambit as well. It should be "Matt Tropiano," like the rest when it comes time for CWILV creation, if the author's name is included.

EDIT: Whoa, hang on - no secret maps?
EDIT2: Oh, I see them now. Never mind.

Sure thing. I've also made sure you were credited as Matt Tropiano. No worries! ;-)

Joshy said:

Infested Compound, The Gutterway, Schlachthause and Pitfalls had to be unfortunately cut out (Not because they were bad, mind you!).

I hope they get uploaded to the archives eventually.

Joshy said:

Anddd, thanks for the offer Mechadon, but no thanks. Not necessary. :-)

Oh well, you could still try a map for CC4, Mechadon... :)

Also, please credit me as "William Huber" if author names are included in the intermission GFXs. Thanks !

Speaking of intermission GFX...

I've got a full set here, and making changes is trivial due to the way it's set up. Revising the list would be no problem at all.

Currently, I'm crediting authors as their screen names unless otherwise specified here (Matt Tropiano and William Huber) or if their full name is commonly used for crediting (e.g. Paul Corfiatis, Brett "Mechadon" Harrell).

If you've got a certain name you specifically want to be credited as, let me know and I'll make sure to get it on there. Assuming Joshy gives my sudden jump-in the official 'go'. ;)

Nice looking text graphics - looks oddly clean compared to the usual Doom ones to me though :\

I tend to be down as James "Phobus" Cresswell for most projects, although I have appeared as just Phobus in a couple of text files I think. (Just throwing that in there)

Oh sure, if you'd like to Xaser. I have T.V working on them as well... or you both may have come to an understanding and divided some work? Either way, go ahead. :-)

EDIT: I can just let him know that you are doing the CWil graphics and he can just do the rest. Sounds good?