Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

I'm searching for a megawad where (I think this was on the map07 slot) you start in a boat with two floors and outside there are other boats surrounding you with mancubi (and I think arachnotrons too) perched on them. 

[Solved by VVL, thx !]

Hey there, i'm looking for the map Sanctuary  !
I contacted his author who no longer has the map, maybe someone has it !

Thanks for your attention.

Edited by discpaul

Hey, I'm looking for a specific WAD that tries a sadistic approach to difficulty. All I can really remember from it is that it had a custom enemy that was essentially a headless revenant that moved fast and only attacked with melee. I also remember Decino playing the first map, but I don't believe he continued the wad after that.

There was this really atmospheric WAD I played maybe a year or so ago that was this one huge level that took place at dusk and was like this sprawling forest. It was really dark and I remember there was a part with a small cave and some other landmarks strewn about the winding paths through the dense trees. It might've been Halloween themed? And no, it's not Ghoul's forest.

Does anyone remember WAD with "Enigma - Sadeness" music? It was MIDI instrumental and I think WAD itself was from the 90s
I played it a while ago and I totally forgot how it was named(
I also don't remember well how obscure it was, it could be famous WAD or it could be a very rare find...

Edited by Vanilla+Unicorn

15 minutes ago, Doomlover77 said:

@Vanilla+Unicorn I have the answer. it was Dwango6. It was map 17, Stadiums m4 and yes the music was Enigma - Sadness pt 1. The wad was released in November 1995 and it’s a popular wad. @Doomlover77 

Big thanks, bud! It's that MIDI, though I think I heard it somewhere else...

On 9/5/2023 at 4:29 PM, OliveTree said:

I dont have a screenshot and im sorry to say my description will be hopelessly vague.

I've been trying to track down a surreal puzzle map. It was named literal nonsense. Literally something like jpi23z, like, gibberish letters. the visual style was super clashing and bizarre, very very colorful. It started off in a big chamber w/ just a shit ton of imps on all sides and the player has to sort of fight their way out, and explore something kind of like a city. I think there was a section with a big crusher? and at some point there might be a cyberdemon???

again im sorry this is so vague but this was recommended to me once and i was fascinated by it but despite years of searching ive never been able to track down where/who recommended it to me or what it was

update: it definitely wasn't lilith.pk3

im still looking for this one pls someone has to recognize this description

edit: to add on a bit to this description, im sure that the "city" i reference was actually a big expanse w/ hurtfloors and some big platforms the player can walk (or probably teleport?) between. and im pretty sure one of these platforms was like a grey, narrow skinny path just jutting out from the hurt floor?

This one I think was gzdoom and I think there was a hub at the start where you could pick different themed episodes.  That may not sound very specific but I remember one of the themes being industrial/factory.  Wasn't la-worlds.

Is there a newer version of Bittersweet by lil white mouse? I know where the unfinished one is. Just asking. Thank you in advance!

On 10/14/2023 at 5:41 PM, invictius said:

This one I think was gzdoom and I think there was a hub at the start where you could pick different themed episodes.  That may not sound very specific but I remember one of the themes being industrial/factory.  Wasn't la-worlds.

Found it - the alfonzone!  Very different maps compared to what has been done in doom, you all should try them.

hey everyone, i've been trying to find a specific city map that i completely forgot the name of which i played once as a kid.

it was an old zdoom map, with a big city that you could explore freely without any monsters or anything.

if i remember correctly it started with you arriving at a subway station, and there was an arcade building with playable games on there like a doom recreation of street fighter 2 and one of the old zelda games.

everything else is really a blur to me, but i know i found it through an old youtube video which i haven't been able to find again.

some help with finding this would really be appreciated cause i'd like to play it again :)

31 minutes ago, cambreaKer said:

it was an old zdoom map, with a big city that you could explore freely without any monsters or anything.

if i remember correctly it started with you arriving at a subway station, and there was an arcade building with playable games on there like a doom recreation of street fighter 2 and one of the old zelda games.

I think this might have been called Doomcenter?

So Im looking for a wad that I swear I remember trying and wanting to come back to. All I can say is that I thought it was a mod with new lvls and weapons and may or may not have used jumping. I remember it starting on like a beach type area with hit scanners all over the place and then possibly working your way over into some caves and thats about as far as I got. There may have even been pop up instructions to help you unddrstand how to use the new mechanics. I swear I thought it was a very popular mod and that I even saw some playthrough videos that turned me on to it. My brain has always told me that it was Paradise by Tango but I have just been playing through that and it is not it. Any help would be.... helpful. Thanks

Solved by Mad Butcher

Hello,

I'm looking for the map subsector zero ( subsectr.wad )!

Its author no longer has it in his possession, maybe someone has it
Thx in advance.

Edited by discpaul

I don't remember nuts having the centre and lighting like that?  I thought it was the Kabba at first (If you look real hard)

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 23-34-35 prboomX 2.7.0 (Nov 3 2023) Doomer Boards.png