Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Is a little better now? i'll try scifista approach next.

On a side note, i'm trying to make "convincing" outdoors again.

On the first pic you could give each brown step different alignment values to make the repetition less evident. Compare this to this. This is something Eternal taught me a few years ago.

scifista42: :D

Memfis: seems good, i'll keep that in mind, thank you.

schwerpunk: well, you got some keen eyes there, i didn't noticed until you pointed it out! that pic is strange.

schwerpunk said:

Are those pink BFGs on the right??

It's the infinite BFG from the slaughterfest series.

E1M2 of my chex project.

Sorry for my stream of maps, but here's another one. E1M3

Don't bother the flatness of this one, this has horde gameplay.

Breezeep said:

2 maps already made in a single day?

I make them short and there aren't that many textures and monsters to use, I also can't put much detail in this because there are too few textures. So, uh making maps for chex quest 1 is nothing hard.

Whoops, I forgot that I posted a screenshot in here. Sorry for not responding, and thanks for the comments. Here have another one, this time more of a w.i.p. view.

Obsidian said:

Not sure how the ZIMMER contributes to the gothic feel. Probably because it isn't dark and depressive enough. :P

Yea, its probably not your standard gothic theme, so maybe that's not the best description :P. The city bits are meant to be human construction that's old/decaying and being taken over by demonic stuff in places. Also I was originally using ZIMMER3/SP_ROCK combo for the mountainous stuff, but I decided to experiment with what you see now.

NiGHTMARE said:

Hellbound MAP24 might provide some ideas - it has a very similar theme (just with REDROCK instead of TANROCK and ZIMMER) and also has a similarly epic vertical scale.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely give that map a spin. So far it feels like my city buildings have been really plain, so I'm trying to get some good references on what a Doom cityscape can look like.

By the way, there's been some very nice shots posted in here in the past few pages. Nice job everyone!

inspired by the startan project, i put up a map for the DW Megawad Project... making a map that is primarly BLAKWAL1 and SP_FACE2.

What am i doing with my life.

walter confalonieri said:

IMAGES

inspired by the startan project, i put up a map for the DW Megawad Project... making a map that is primarly BLAKWAL1 and SP_FACE2.

What am i doing with my life.

Very good.

joe-ilya said:

MAPPING LIKE I'M IN THE 90'S! WOOHOO!

D_RUNNIN thru the 90's

Memfis and darkreaver:

I don't need no prefab. I just make 10 sidedefs and then copy/paste them into a square of about 100-200 sidedefs. Then when the map is 100% finished, I just select the sidedefs and use my super-cool tag-range plugin and set tag i.e. 0-200 and then I tag them with the sky transfer action and set the texture offsets to 0. The picture was mostly just because it looked stupid since I had all the sectors there tagged since it uses another sky than the other areas of the map. :)

@walter confalonieri: Looks good, the texture combination works well.

@joe-ilya: The Chex textures are ugly, and it seems that you just pasted them over a simplistic rough-shaped architecture. Not good at all, as I see it. At least you could try making more elaborate structures with details using fitting materials. Otherwise I don't think you would "sell" these textures in an appealing-enough way. Your Doom screenshot is OK, although it doesn't show a lot.

@Mechadon: That's an impressive scene, and really impressive usage of stock textures!