Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

The moment when you manage to make the game a legit bullet hell but in first person.

...or this can be a full Zandronum complex doom server any time, but in Heretic.

27 minutes ago, Zanieon said:

The moment when you manage to make the game a legit bullet hell but in first person.

Can't you get that out of slottermaps?

The current thing I'm working on has recently been posted in; but I have seemingly don't know how to set up linked sectors and secret exits.

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

Another WIP song

And what a fantastic WIP it is. Could I be so cheeky as to ask if I can use it in my map for MAYHEM2017? I feel it would suit the map I'm working on really well. Full credit will be supplied of course. :)

5 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

And what a fantastic WIP it is. Could I be so cheeky as to ask if I can use it in my map for MAYHEM2017? I feel it would suit the map I'm working on really well. Full credit will be supplied of course. :)

Oh sure! Thanks Dragonfly! Here's the MIDI: http://www.mediafire.com/file/75l2qj5scliffav/circular+towers.mid

Tell me when you get the map done, because I'll want to play it haha :D

Thank you very much Deadwing! I've already added it to the map. I'll drop you a pm when it's finally ready for testing. Bare in mind I only just started mapping today :P

Update on my map03 of my wad.

59208d0384954_ExperimentZero(editarea)at2017_05.2104-05-54.899R2787.jpg.be667a862312ba217f023810c9010759.jpg

I only have three areas or so to finish with detailing, then theres the monster/item placement, then it'll be done. This map has taken me so much longer than my previous 2, but I'm really proud of it.

I was inspired by Doom Delta to do a hero pack, using the protagonists from my Doom books. Neat thing is the characters are numerically listed to match the narrative "episode" in which they appeared. Mostly. There's no Thy Flesh Consumed book yet.

Sarge: Pretty much Doomguy. He's the lead dude in the first book (and a supporting character in the third book).

Brody: Female colleague of the second book's protagonist. I was itching to make her playable on actual Doom maps (especially Shores, since that's the book she's featured in), and now she is! Starts with a shotgun.

Chief: Lead dude of the third book, a big, bad Cherokee captain in the marine corps. He gets a unique magnum revolver as his default gun.

Parker: Another protagonist from book three, a UAC scientist and medic. She starts each map berserked.

Well, the first map is 'done' barring polish. Have to work on the second map now.

Working on the biggest piece of shit i've done so far.

Worlds is the name of the WAD and its a ''MegaLevel'' as i like to call it.

Its in beta the only part finished its the one in the Left or the one that has a bunch of stuff in it

Piece of shit.png

35 minutes ago, Forli said:

These are some screenshots from a boom mapset I'm making

Say hey hey

I am gonna play

...that

The chance to see pics like that is one of the main reasons I get on DoomWorld :)

2 hours ago, Fonze said:

The chance to see pics like that is one of the main reasons I get on DoomWorld :)

I'm the same. did you ever like, go back to page one of this thread and just scroll through looking at the beautiful pictures?

Underground caves:
cDBHJqe.png

Staircases. Looks better ingame. I have to still break the monotony somehow.
IwfMk5A.png
2Go16do.png
hXkEMKw.png

@Jaska T hose pics are nice, but really dark. any chance you can brighten them up slightly so we can see better? If not its cool but its definitely a wad ill play when it comes out.

3 hours ago, Phade102 said:

@Jaska T hose pics are nice, but really dark. any chance you can brighten them up slightly so we can see better? If not its cool but its definitely a wad ill play when it comes out.

Thanks! Those are intentionally so dark to give the right claustrophobic feel. When playing you see a bit more when closer to the cave walls.

14 minutes ago, Jaska said:

Thanks! Those are intentionally so dark to give the right claustrophobic feel. When playing you see a bit more when closer to the cave walls.

Definitely gives that feel. I prefer a slight better lighting, since I would like players to see my areas ab it clearer, but since you're going for that deep dark underground look, you definitely succeed.

592c852c8d9c1_ExperimentZero(editarea)at2017_05.3005-58-52.015R2787.jpg.807b58b85e75d9ec1f4995ff39405e4a.jpg

One of the main areas of a map i'm building. They were all vanilia doom 2 textures, but i've decided to use cc4 tex so i'm going through replacing them all. Its actually quite enjoyable keeping the same atmosphere with just more interesting textures. Next up I have to convert from Hexen format to UDMP, then I have to go back to my previous maps and update their textures too. I'm actually looking forward to it!

That architecture is beaming! ;) I like the vibe of that screenshot. I dig that red radiating light on the ceiling. The Red + Dark greys (or if it's brown I apologize) work real well together! The textures mesh real well too! I'd be interested in seeing the final product!

8 minutes ago, TreeSquid said:

That architecture is beaming! ;) I like the vibe of that screenshot. I dig that red radiating light on the ceiling. The Red + Dark greys (or if it's brown I apologize) work real well together! The textures mesh real well too! I'd be interested in seeing the final product!

Thank you! it was originally brown vanilia brick textures, but i've added the cc4-tex wad and i'm changing every single texture. Now its dark greys and metals, like you guessed! This map is meant to feel as though its deep underground, so I wanted to give it that artifical, grungy factory kind of look. The room in particular has a interesting mechanic to it which will definitely spice things up a bit.

Sadly I have a lot of work to do, because its currently in hexen format and I plan on moving it over to UDMP (Was playing with UDMP and loved the fog effects and such) so that'll take a bit of time, but I feel the end result will definitely be worth it.

20 hours ago, MSPaintR0cks said:

Made a little ad for my new WAD :D

Hype! :D

Since ZDoom is discontinued, are you going to switch to GZDoom or perhaps something else?

On 5/29/2017 at 8:46 AM, MSPaintR0cks said:

woolball_poster_zpsbzkrmgnw.png

Made a little ad for my new WAD :D

You should try to make a cheesy '90's commercial.

1 hour ago, TreeSquid said:
3 hours ago, SArais said:

You should try to make a cheesy '90's commercial.

I'll back this ;p

As will I! :P