Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

what are you working on? I wanna see your wads.

Some updates to my WAD Archive wrapper.

I added columns to allow display of TITLEPIC and INTERPIC if found, and I added an overlay to indicate that the big data files were being loaded. Note they are not now loaded on page LOAD, they are loaded on first SEARCH. Also, the search is only allowed when there are 3 or more characters.

The two additional picture icons are the INTERPIC and TITLEPIC, if found. They show in the same overlay as the screenshots:

update_01.png?raw=true

And the loading overlay, on first search. Note that the search button is disabled until the data is loaded. It's a little clunky, so I may need to refine it a bit.:

update_02.png?raw=true

Edited by smeghammer

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Tangra666 said:

I'm back in my UDMF nightmare... i don't know how it's possible to dread something you once couldn't get enough of, but i guess that little taste of the simpler, more efficient method of vanilla mapping was the final straw that changed my views on the formats. :D

I'm already two and half months into the map from the sceenshots, but i have maybe a total 10-15 hours of work done on it, that's how much i don't want to deal with it. But i'm pissed now and i'm putting myself on a deadline to complete the thing within the next 5-10 days, and jump to the next one that will probably wrap up part 1 of Deceiver of the Underworld. Potential future parts will be either vanilla or Boom.

SyNKwhK.jpg

zfmnDUg.jpg

Oof I know the pain. I'm on a project 2 months in the making as well but the last month has just been dreading making small changes to the vanilla UI to accommodate a reload / magazine counter for the players who use the standard "zoom". Making UI elements is just a big mystery to me and it saps my will to finish the project xD 

More on topic though: I love the look of those locations, seems like places with enjoyable combat scenarios while also visually pleasing :)

I need to find some friendly NPCs (both men and women) as all this scene needs now is a beggar or two standing around that barrel of flames. 

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_115840.png

I am not working on one map but on a mega wad on my own

It's about halfway done but still need to test play it when all the maps to add things and fix things.

I've now done the brightmap images for the buildings and writing the OpenGL Defs for them. Now it actually looks like someone is inside the buildings, making it feel like a real place and more alive. 

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_163156.png

7 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

I need to find some friendly NPCs (both men and women) as all this scene needs now is a beggar or two standing around that barrel of flames. 

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_115840.png

Why not extract the beggars and townspeople sprites from Strife and rewrite the scripts for Doom? I'm pretty sure everything from these classic FPS games has been extracted and edited for a variety of mods. 

1 hour ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

I've now done the brightmap images for the buildings and writing the OpenGL Defs for them. Now it actually looks like someone is inside the buildings, making it feel like a real place and more alive. 

Screenshot_Doom_20230814_163156.png

Needs some kind of lighting from some street lamps or something. Other than that, it looks good. I can't wait to see this map when you have finished it. 

Here's a map shot of the second map for a project I've started. Based on Dantes Inferno and starting from the bottom of hell and climbing out. Didn't realize the 8th circle of hell had 10 circles inside of it, smdh

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 12.31.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 12.31.23 PM.png

These dolls are in my mod but they will each be placed somewhere throughout the entire mod. They don't do anything. They are just special collectible items in the mod. If I can find more dolls like these, I'll place them in the mod too.

Screenshot_Doom_20230816_164411.png

The city/residential area is really coming along. Obviously still got to add more buildings and other things. There is also going to be a bridge to cross the river and 3D platforms will be used for that. The dirty water is like an example of how bad things are in this part of the city as this city is divided into two maps.  The second part of the city will look completely different to this part. You know like in real cities you got your nice part and you got the rough part? Well this part I am currently working on is the rough part.

Screenshot_Doom_20230816_235124.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230816_235114.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85 : Forgot to add something

I didn't go to sleep till it was an awesome map..I kept screwing up and tutorials weren't doing it for me, but trust me it's awesome lol..now I got an alternative Daisy's song as the audio and need to turn some pits into escapable pits, I'm pretty dang excited. MY FIRST MAP.... Named it HMBFF, think I'll learn how to do text tomorrow

IMG_20230816_181600854_HDR.jpg

Edited by nocisum : title screen added to wad

I don't want to sound like a Debbie downer but if you feel like posting here maybe don't, in my experience at least TELLING or SHOWING people what you are working on before you are done makes you feel like you're done and extinguishes your will to continue working on it.

On 8/16/2023 at 8:00 PM, Mad Dal 85 said:

The city/residential area is really coming along. Obviously still got to add more buildings and other things. There is also going to be a bridge to cross the river and 3D platforms will be used for that. The dirty water is like an example of how bad things are in this part of the city as this city is divided into two maps.  The second part of the city will look completely different to this part. You know like in real cities you got your nice part and you got the rough part? Well this part I am currently working on is the rough part.

Screenshot_Doom_20230816_235124.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230816_235114.png

This is cool. Can you spell anything with the lights?

Another update on YH1HP v2.0. Along with a whole bunch of other changes I made to the level, I've completely redone the mountains in Help is on Its Way:

Before:

Screenshot_Doom_20230818_015954.png.a42d37d066e5cf579d18a0561529212e.png

After:

Screenshot_Doom_20230818_153034.png.02893b53ea4125489c2191eff90f4e60.png