Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

The one and only time I dropped acid, I had what my best friend described as a "schizophrenic episode" in which, for more than a year after, I thought I was inhabited by several other human entities. They didn't have names or distinct features, but I could hear voices which would craft and describe hallucinations to me for a good chunk of the day, without taking anything. These auditory and visual oddities were of a very prurient nature, and were disturbing enough for me to repeatedly contemplate suicide. Then it just started going away and it was like it never happened. Looking back on it, I had also suffered a concussion around that time, and I suspect some wires got crossed in some unintended ways. I never really recovered from it and I've noticed as I get older my speech slurs a bit, words sometimes come out the wrong way, or I sometimes say things that make absolutely no sense (despite being aware that it's happening). It was a harsh lesson in what my neurochemistry can handle.

I have frequent, severe episodes where it feels like I am suffocating to near death. A doctor at the hospital determined that I have PTSD since it's purely just psychosomatic (harmless) sensations, and my blood oxygen levels are always good.

I also used to cuddle my friend every weekend at his place. We coped weirdly together.

I NEED something to fidget with, otherwise ill start tearing random objects apart with no remorse, just today in school I ripped apart one of those pairs of CHEAP earbuds, copper wires, weird strings, speakers, little plastic bits, the whole 9 yards.

(earbuds\/)

514nK69GbzL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

5 hours ago, The Cooker Of Goats said:

I NEED something to fidget with,

Fidget with a mini Rubik’s cube.

Posted (edited)

When I was a little kid, for some reason I couldn't count to eight

Edited by Astar

On 1/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, Astar said:

When I was a little kid, for some reason I couldn't count to eight

Let me guess, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,21?

But just how little? 3 right?

1 hour ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Let me guess, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,21?

Nah, after the 7 the world no longer existed

1 hour ago, DoomGuy999 said:

But just how little? 3 right

5 or even 6.

It's ironic, but then throughout my school program I had constant problems with mathematics...

1 hour ago, Astar said:

Nah, after the 7 the world no longer existed

You’re a Discworld magician.

I'm too sensitive (in every way possible)

You know, I cry over romance and super basic deaths or characters I don't even know.

I'm quite scared of everything

On 11/5/2023 at 3:51 PM, DoomGappy said:

I changed my personality completely once I went bald. All that hair was holding me back...

was it for the better?

11 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

was it for the better?

Mostly yes. I'm kinder and more compassionate, I think about my actions a lot before I do them, and I try to use my words carefully. It's been mostly good but there's always room for improvement.

1 minute ago, DoomGappy said:

Mostly yes. I'm kinder and more compassionate, I think about my actions a lot before I do them, and I try to use my words carefully. It's been mostly good but there's always room for improvement.

you say your an english teacher - do you think, by any chance, you were your students least favorite teacher when you had hair?

28 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

you say your an english teacher - do you think, by any chance, you were your students least favorite teacher when you had hair?

I was already bald when I started teaching, but it's a constant source of well spirited jokes. I take them in stride. 

On 1/18/2022 at 2:21 AM, TenenteZashu said:

Due to my affinity to insects, the fact I'm left handed and was born on Friday the 17th (which is considered back luck in Italy) a few elderly ladies in my town don't really trust me because they think I may be possessed by the devil, gotta love superstitious people lol

I know I'm digging up an old post here, but doesn't the Italian word for "left handed" mean "evil" too? I could see how language could make a culture be superstitious like that. 

i used to be a degenerate back in the day posting shit and making jokes in front of my younger friends, and i copped a ton for it and it was really damn horrible, i'm really happy to say i made it out of there before i actually started hurting people, and a lot of people are saying i did the right thing by leaving all that behind and actually doing something with my life which for a time made me extremely happy because everyone was super nice to me when i told them what i did and how i changed from that, it's this exact same thing about people being super nice to me and saying i did good that got me back into game development after being emotionally burnt out and absolutely fucking tired of everything for about four months as a result of that drama, and my mental health since then has greatly improved and i take shit a lot more seriously now, i always tell this story every opportunity i get for several reasons, one of which being i wanna teach people how not to act online because i don't want the same thing that happened to me to happen to anyone else. it's also because of this whole situation that i don't particularly like fame, used to love it back then but nowadays i fell it's a fucking curse.

i absolutely refuse to go back to that point in my life, it was fucking abhorrent for not only myself but everyone around me, i hate what i did with every fibre of my damn being and i'm really grateful i actually decided to do something about it and still maintain a pretty strong friend group and not let it sit and marinate and eventually become a shitty person.

I eat lemons. With the peel.

Bonus unrelated fact: I only fear God.

I like to make (and eat) Japanese-style curry. It's been a while since I've done it, though, so I ordered a few necessaries over the past couple of days in anticipation of making it once again. To wit:

Koshihikari rice

Sesame oil

Curry roux (Vermont, S&B (2 kinds))

I still need to get meat for it. When my son makes it (he picked up the liking from me), he uses New York Strip. I think that's a bit too expensive of a cut for curry, but I haven't decided what cut of beef is optimal to use. I vacillate between the extremes of stew meat and sirloin. (If you make curry, what cut do you use? PM me please.)

I have had parasites in my body since I was around kindergarten age, I do not care enough to get rid of them and I think I'm a good hostess to them.