Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P41R47

(RE-Release) Doom: Damnation

Always a pleasant surprise to see a veteran come back after a long time of no activity. Downloading!

3 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Always a pleasant surprise to see a veteran come back after a long time of no activity. Downloading!

Thanks for downloading, pal!

Hope you enjoy it ;)

From what i have been talking with Ofisil, he is on quarantine lockdown, so without much to do on his home, he opened the Builder and let the magic flow.

Its sad to be on lockdown, but he felt really good after working on this project again after long time.

Hope he can take advantage of this time and do what he loves :) 

I'm playing Lunar Catastrophe on Crispy, and some maps like E2M7 have bugs in them. I'll give this one a go.

Thanx for your kind words mate.

While I don't have the luxury of being very active, the fact that Doom and Doom-related tools have never left my desktop screen says a lot about how much I love both.

The biggest joy besides making those is seeing people like my work, even if it's nothing but a vanilla mapset, and nothing fancy like most of you are used to play nowadays.

I hope you guys like it, and I hope my Doom 2 mapset will take less than 5 years :D

Thanks for completing this WAD.

I really enjoyed the initial 3 episodes (I discovered it through P41R47's recommendation).

I'm putting this as the next wad to play in my playlist.

3 hours ago, Ofisil said:

Thanx for your kind words mate.

While I don't have the luxury of being very active, the fact that Doom and Doom-related tools have never left my desktop screen says a lot about how much I love both.

The biggest joy besides making those is seeing people like my work, even if it's nothing but a vanilla mapset, and nothing fancy like most of you are used to play nowadays.

I hope you guys like it, and I hope my Doom 2 mapset will take less than 5 years :D

your work and care is much appreciated, pal!

You maps are a joy to play!

Hope you find some time to spend on mapping ;)

I really enjoyed reading P41R47's story and I have never played Doom:Damnation at all, but after reading this and seeing the screenshots I will be downloading this and playing tonight!

On 2/12/2021 at 12:25 AM, P41R47 said:

From what i have been talking with Ofisil, he is on quarantine lockdown, so without much to do on his home, he opened the Builder and let the magic flow.

Its sad to be on lockdown, but he felt really good after working on this project again after long time.

Hope he can take advantage of this time and do what he loves :) 

This is all great to hear, Doom Damnation was always a mapset I considered highly underrated. I'm stoked to see it rounded out to four full episodes, and even more to see him get back into mapping.

19 hours ago, Ofisil said:

I honestly really appreciate people who map in Vanilla and make something really good, because it's way less easy to do than mapping with something like Boom, which gives you all kinds of really fancy utilities and options.

19 hours ago, Ofisil said:

If it's anything like the first three episodes, I'm sure that I will.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:10 PM, JXC said:

I'm playing Lunar Catastrophe on Crispy, and some maps like E2M7 have bugs in them. I'll give this one a go.

Strange that you are experimenting bugs on lunar catastrophe, i played it on crispy, too, without problems :/

Anyway, hope you like Doom: Damnation. Its quite different to almost anything out there, but its really enjoyable, the mood is perfect and the atmosphere is just awesome ;)

16 hours ago, Seppe said:

Thanks for completing this WAD.

I really enjoyed the initial 3 episodes (I discovered it through P41R47's recommendation).

I'm putting this as the next wad to play in my playlist.

Seems like i spent a good time recommending Doom: Damnation hahaha XD

I totally love this Episode 4, and if you like the previous, you will surelly like this one, too ;)

8 hours ago, TheGreenZap said:

I really enjoyed reading P41R47's story and I have never played Doom:Damnation at all, but after reading this and seeing the screenshots I will be downloading this and playing tonight!

Thanks a lot for reading my story, its totally based on true events XD

If you are too used to the original Doom style of mapping, Doom: Damnation will feel strange at first, but after a few maps, you will be dragged into the outstanding atmosphere it has. I remmember playing it non stop when i first found it a few years back.

Amazing experience!!!

26 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

This is all great to hear, Doom Damnation was always a mapset I considered highly underrated. I'm stoked to see it rounded out to four full episodes, and even more to see him get back into mapping.

Ofisil's maps has an outstanding sense of place and oozes atmosphere as no others.

That along the original midis he also made make for a perfect one man megawad.

Glad you dig it as much as i do, pal! ;)

Now that this one is complete, and seeing all the love we give to it, Ofisil surely feels proud.
Cheers, pal! You deserve it! ;)
If you ever make a sequel to Doom: Damnation, no matter the time it takes, whenever its done, it will be received with pleasure :)

I will tag along some members that surely will like this re-release.
@Doomkid, @NuMetalManiak, @galileo31dos01, @Zylinderkatze, @A.H. Sankhatayan, @Devalaous, @Dubbagdarrel, @SilverMiner

Now this is awesome so far, I'm on map 4 and already loving it! Thank you for the recommendation. 

I really like the simplicity of the design. It has an amateurish flare to it which isn't a bad thing. I'm not much for Doom 1 WADS but this one is really worth checking out. It's like this is what happens when you do your best and it all works out. This map set just oozes originality and a feeling of comfort and feelings right at home that comes from classic Doom feeling maps that aren't over done to the point of excess detail and ridiculous battles. Love it!

On 2/12/2021 at 8:10 AM, Ofisil said:

even if it's nothing but a vanilla mapset, and nothing fancy like most of you are used to play nowadays.

you're really underestimating the love people still have for vanilla megawads. especially considering that they are rare beasts these days. ;-)

and WOW! the whole megawad for Ultimate Doom! now with the whole new episode! i didn't played it yet, but i already love it.

I'm probably just dumb, but is E2M4 broken? I went to the area with the backpack and soulsphere secret, but the wall that opened closes behind you and I had to noclip out. Complevel 3.

29 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

I'm probably just dumb, but is E2M4 broken? I went to the area with the backpack and soulsphere secret, but the wall that opened closes behind you and I had to noclip out. Complevel 3.

There are two backpacks on E2M4, both areas where they are are traverseable without problem.

One is on east on a room full of baddies, that area completelly close up from the rest, but you can open it up with a switch on the pool full of cacodemons.

The other one is beyond the Cyberdemon, and aside from the cyber blocking the door, there is no problem going out.

Some puzzles are a bit obscure, and some triggers don't make any sound, like the red door, and its hard to understand what it did.

9 hours ago, ketmar said:

i didn't played it yet

...and i was wrong! i did played it before, that signature E1M1 is hard to forget. but this is the only thing i wanted to correct in that post. ;-)

18 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Here's a wad with fixed\improved WILV lumps.

WILV.zip

thanks for this, pal! ;)

but i already made them for the addon pack. :/

Albeit in lower case and upper case when needed, just for them not exceeding the 320 aspect ration.

''WARPGATE RESEARCH FACILITY'' don't enter on vanilla screen, while ''Warpgate Research Facility'' fits the limit just perfectly.

To be cohesive with the different patches, i choose that approach.

It deviates from the way ID Did. They look now stylish and different, but at the same time, similar, just like the whole mapset :)

Do you still have the original MIDIs without the lossy conversion to MUS, @Ofisil?

Just as a suggestion, a fresh and brand-new soundtrack for the new episode in a separate PWAD would be superb.

6 hours ago, Diabolución said:

Do you still have the original MIDIs without the lossy conversion to MUS, @Ofisil?

Just as a suggestion, a fresh and brand-new soundtrack for the new episode in a separate PWAD would be superb.

I will upload a WAD with the MIDI files in my post - probably today.

2 hours ago, Ofisil said:

I will upload a WAD with the MIDI files in my post - probably today.

yeah!

time to listen to that killer soundtrack as it was intended :D

Thanks for this, pal! ;)

3 hours ago, Diabolución said:

The unmodified and pristine D_BUNNY seems to be missing. At any rate, thanks!

My bad. I'll reupload

50 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

I'll throw out there that there's way too many pinkies in E3M4 (imo). It's a bit of a chore.

Yeah, you are kinda right. Most playthroughs end up with lots of pinkies inside the "cage," instead of getting out to die by the cybers.