Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[Final] McDoomguy's Slaughterific Sample Platter (Release Thread)

Hey man, if it wouldn't be hard, please remove the "monsterless" restriction from my map, I forsook it in the update to remove it's conflict with the "1 monster type" restriction.

Just now, LSC Lasico said:

Hey man, if it wouldn't be hard, please remove the "monsterless" restriction from my map, I forsook it in the update to remove it's conflict with the "1 monster type" restriction.

Noted. I'll fix it right away.

Posted (edited)

I would also like to point out that the sky texture in my map is missing.

you can find it in my submission wad file, but here it is just in case.

edit: it appears to be a fuck up of mine, as I’ve apparently forgotten to rename the texture on sky transfer linedefs, fairly easy fix.

IMG_0464.png

2 minutes ago, LSC Lasico said:

I would also like to point out that the sky texture in my map is missing.

you can find it in my submission wad file, but here it is just in case.

IMG_0464.png

Oh yeah, I did give the sky texture a different name during compilation and the sky transfers in the map override the UMAPINFO definition. Easy to fix, thankfully.

13 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Oh yeah, I did give the sky texture a different name during compilation and the sky transfers in the map override the UMAPINFO definition. Easy to fix, thankfully.

Oh yeah, while you’re at it, please remove the voodoo doll at the top of the cliff, since it apparently appears regardless of difficulty and they kinda ruins the purpose of the map.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Xulgonoth said:

Hi. Turns out me and my team of "clones" fucked up and you start in place of a voodoo doll in this RC. Here's a fix: skibidiggido_xy_startfix.zip

Man ! I was just going to post this : "Everytime I see Xulgonoth on mappers list, I instantly try his map just to see the limit between trolling and high talent pushed a bit further... here I'm served... How the f... are you suppose to survive ?!".

Note that in this collector version of the wad, you can play skibidiggido xy this way : try to shoot the barrels on right time so that the dying screams of you and the voodoo dolls fit the rhythm of ars moriendi, since the screams is a bit Mike Pattonesque, it'll be a pleasure for the ears.

Edited by apichatpong

Posted (edited)

love the idea of having the mappers "pick their poison"

these maps are fucking awesome

Edited by reefer

1 hour ago, apichatpong said:

Man ! I was just going to post this : "Everytime I see Xulgonoth on mappers list, I instantly try his map just to see the limit between trolling and high talent pushed a bit further... here I'm served... How the f... are you suppose to survive ?!".

I'm so sorry, let's just collectively decide to blame this little blunder on Xizzler, I'm sure he won't mind.

I've played 4 of these maps so far before I start work and I'm having an absolute blast (and what a surprise to load in and see my map right away!).

I also couldn't help but laugh when I first saw the intermission screen with the burger and the cheesy music.

Great work!

Released RC2 with fixes to MAPs 01, 41 and 42. Download link has been updated in the OP.

Loved making maps for this. Thanks for setting this up.

RC3 is out with fixes to MAP13 (I realized that I put an old version of the map in) and MAP40. Download link in OP has been updated.

can I post any bugs I find in this thread?

3 minutes ago, CBM said:

can I post any bugs I find in this thread?

Absolutely. I'd imagine the final release is some weeks away anyway, there's bound to be undiscovered bugs still.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CBM said:

ok, I found the following bugs when giving this a quick spin

bugreport.png

Darn. Still, at least it's not a game breaker.

I'm not clear what causes slime trails (or maybe this is a wall trail?) but I may take a look when I have a spare moment.

I do remember that there's a hidden gap around that point (sound tunnel) and I'd bet pennies that the engine is hiccuping over that.

4 minutes ago, Artinum said:

I'm not clear what causes slime trails

Usually it's a fuck-up from the node builder's end. Moving the offending vertex slightly should fix it.

6 hours ago, CBM said:

ok, I found the following bugs when giving this a quick spin

Question - what did you run this in? I've only got GZDoom installed on my machine and I can't seem to replicate the problem in that.

1 hour ago, Artinum said:

Question - what did you run this in? I've only got GZDoom installed on my machine and I can't seem to replicate the problem in that.

GZDoom is not good for testing, it hides slimetrails and many other issues that other ports do not.

I used dsda doom v.0.27.5 for testing

30 minutes ago, Artinum said:

i looked around there and im pretty sure thats not a slime trail but the midtex thats used to hide the sound hole clipping into the ground . seems to be a thing with the software renderer specifically (or at least the dsda software renderer , im not sure of differences in renderers between ports)

kind of on topic : im pretty sure the green armor up on the high ledge is unobtainable with infinite height because theres a lamp blocking you down below

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, signaturereverie said:

i looked around there and im pretty sure thats not a slime trail but the midtex thats used to hide the sound hole clipping into the ground . seems to be a thing with the software renderer specifically (or at least the dsda software renderer , im not sure of differences in renderers between ports)

kind of on topic : im pretty sure the green armor up on the high ledge is unobtainable with infinite height because theres a lamp blocking you down below

I did not check in the editor but a midtex "that bleeds" is also a possible explanation. It happens to me on a regular basis when I map in MBF because I am so used to it not being a problem in UDMF

hi! thanks mfg38 and all mappers+contributers for the release! currently playing it. found a possible bug in [map06: void park] by @Amiga Angel as per screenshot. note: please disregard the fps count since i was in [i_timescale=0.1] to properly screenshot the bug. will post more if i find any more bugs later (i can't finish the entire megawad in one day).

Screenshot_Doom_20240410_194639.png.bc0185f4b5c2434273bccdb08a3af056.png

Here is an update to my map for this project which fizes the softlock found by @CBM and also adds some quality of life changes such as lowering switches, a tiny tutorial for the teleporting rock at the start and other minor changes.

Download

a continuation of my playthrough to find bugs. played till map20.

map 10: royal flush by @Amiga Angel.

i don't know if it's a bug or a vantage point for the player, but an estimated 90% of all monsters in the map could be sniped from this window.

1914133462_map10.potentialvantagepoint.png.98126d6dd9cb2fe3e6f332db7d65576f.png

map13: revy reverie by myself :P

[ladymistdragon] did a playthrough of the map (see earlier posts in this message thread) and cheesed the floor trap (there is just one in the map), causing a soft-lock.

map20: touch the grass by @Walter confetti.

if the player does not leave the room in the screenshot in time, the player would be soft-locked.

map20.softlock.png.528d55a50ad92f87a934bef2a61667a2.png

i stopped playing at map20 because map progression was too obscure for me (i did not know where to go and stopped searching after 15 minutes). walls in the automap were also hidden. i will update my map (map13: revy reverie) with the required amendments soonest. that's all for now. tq.