Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_marine666

What is your most hated demon in Doom?

[PROTOTYPE] said:

OKAY PEOPLE,LISTEN UP!FROM NOW ON,DOOM 2 MONSTERS CAN BE MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD AS WELL!!!

OK, then you should edit the thread's title and message so that people get the message.

Anyways, the enemies that annoy me the most in Doom 2 are the Arch-viles, the Pain Elementals and the Revenants.

NitroactiveStudios said:

OK, then you should edit the thread's title and message so that people get the message.

Anyways, the enemies that annoy me the most in Doom 2 are the Arch-viles, the Pain Elementals and the Revenants.

THAT'S why I wanted UDoom monsters only,originally.Everybody's gonna say ''Oh fck,the Archies,cuz theyre fast and strong and ressurect sht and theres nothing more hated than these fags...''.But ill do as u said.

Anyone who hates AVs sucks. They're, hands down, the single best monster in an FPS game to date.

Barons are still the worst.

[PROTOTYPE] said:

THAT'S why I wanted UDoom monsters only,originally.Everybody's gonna say ''Oh fck,the Archies,cuz theyre fast and strong and ressurect sht and theres nothing more hated than these fags...''.But ill do as u said.

OK, I see why you didn't want Doom 2 monsters mentioned in this thread. Also, I at least mentioned two other monsters besides the Arch-viles.

Jodwin said:

Anyone who hates AVs sucks. They're, hands down, the single best monster in an FPS game to date.

Barons are still the worst.

I don't hate Arch-viles to be honest and I think they're cool, but they can get annoying in the game.

NitroactiveStudios said:

I don't hate Arch-viles to be honest and I think they're cool, but they can get annoying in the game.

Amen to that.

Jodwin said:

We don't hate them if there are no strong monsters around them...

I love all of the Doom 2 monsters equally because they are neglected and just need someone to hear them out. All of the combat in Doom 2 is actually friendly inter-species discussion and understanding gone horribly wrong.

For Doom 2 my least favorites are Pain elementals. They're usually annoying to fight and feel like they were just added as a gimmick. Arch-viles are also "gimmicky", but unlike PEs they make fun & intense fights, and they also can effectively be used in countless types of situations.

I also hate Pain Elementals, but I feel they are a challenging and good enemy -I just happen to hate them.

If I had to pick a DooM enemy that I felt wasn't needed it would be the Baron.

Man,everyone around here serms to think Barons are useless.I guess that's why they invented the Hell Knights.

[PROTOTYPE] said:
Man,everyone around here serms to think Barons are useless.I guess that's why they invented the Hell Knights.

The Hell Knights, probably the least creative monster.

Six said:

The Hell Knights, probably the least creative monster.

That's debatable.Pain Elementals are a candidate too.And Spectres,perhaps...

Don't get me wrong, as an enemy in terms of strength and damage, Hell Kights works very well. I'm more or less criticising the fact that it's just a re-colour. I really wished they'd gone the extra mile and brought a new enemy in the line. I guess time constraints bring a work around.

Pain Elementals, although theoretically just a spawner, it was still fresh and new. Spectres, on the other hand are a tad dull, but they're creative in terms of how id experimented with partial invisibility on an enemy.

A monster that spawns other monsters in it's attack and an almost invisible monster are quite creative compared to a half-health recolour. However, the Hell Knight is probably the most appreciated as it solves the one problem we all have with the Baron of Hell - it's got too much health compared to the threat it poses.

PRIMEVAL said:

Voodoo dolls...hate 'em.

I think it's funny when they're used to telefrag yourself, like in TNT Evilution Map30. You're doing a puzzle, when all of the sudden, you're warped into a room, your screen is red, and you can hear the "SQUISH!" telefrag sound. It's so ridiculous it's funny.

Darkman 4 said:

I think it's funny when they're used to telefrag yourself, like in TNT Evilution Map30. You're doing a puzzle, when all of the sudden, you're warped into a room, your screen is red, and you can hear the "SQUISH!" telefrag sound. It's so ridiculous it's funny.

No one has killed one and lived to tell about it.

As Doom II monsters are now allowed, gotta be the arch-vile. I've never mastered the art of taking them out without getting damaged.

DoomUK said:

As Doom II monsters are now allowed, gotta be the arch-vile. I've never mastered the art of taking them out without getting damaged.

Flinch them with the super shotgun even if no cover. Easy if it's close.

Maybe revenants with their overpowered missiles. I think they should have fired 2 low damage missiles instead.

I don't get it, why people hates lost souls like their ex? it's a good monster imo. those archvilles in the other hand, that thing is always scared the shit out of me.

Lost Soul just limits your use of RL. It's understandable that people hate these. Arch-viles are very likely to be released in a group of corpses or whatever. However, to me, the variety is needed to make the map more strategic instead of peek and shoot all the time or no brainer circle strafing.

Lost souls are probably my least favorite monsters... They are like the gnats of the Doom world. That being said, they can add a lot to a map if used well. 

Love almost everything else. Doom would not be Doom without the monsters.

The monsters are tougher so are more liable to be misused e.g chaingun snipers. People (generally) don't inherently hate the monsters themselves.

I hate lost souls with a passion so the Pain Elemental can eat my ass

The only classic doom monster that deserves to be hated is the player, particularly those camping with SSGs near spawn points in DM.

How can anyone hate Lost Souls? They are pretty slow, you can stun lock them with a single shot while they are charging at you and they slowly glide backwards while in their charge animation, they don't have a melee attack like Heretic's gargoyle, they are not homing at you, they don't have a suicide attack, the only real damage that they can do at the player is if they charge at you while you are using the RL. They are no more than an annoyance, Archies on the other hand...

2 hours ago, Solmyr said:

How can anyone hate Lost Souls?

I hate when you have a swarm of them all swooping you at once, theyre irritating