Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RanDOOM GUY

Are Doom Monsters Ticklish?

I don't know, I will check right now.

Edit: not really sure, the demon tried to kill me so I couldn't tickle him.

Summon one from a ouija board and find out, I'm shure nobody knows the answer here.  Nah just kidding... but seriously alot of new fans registering to this site recently are really obssessed with demons. 

Well, in deathmatch, the frag message is "(Player 1) was tickled by (Player 2)'s pea shooter." whenever a frag via pistol occurs.

Since Doomguy reacts more or less the same way to being shot by it as the monsters do, one can infer that the monsters are indeed also being tickled by the pea shooter!

I now want a tickle mod for Doom. 

Wonder what the Archvile will do when tickled. Resurrect itself in an endless copy?

''Cootchie Cootchie''

It's 2020, and the most pressing matter on my mind right now are the armpits of Doom's bestiary and their ticklishness.

Never thought I'd see the day.

3 hours ago, RanDOOM GUY said:

Guys, this may sound pretty weird but... are doom monsters ticklish?

We should discuss the real important questions: Do doom monsters do farting? And if so, how did it smell?

Alright, you guys just shot right past H-Doom into the weird-fetish territory. Tickling, farting, I've been on the internet long enough where this is heading.

49 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

We should discuss the real important questions: Do doom monsters do farting? And if so, how did it smell?

I believe we got undeniable confirmation at one point that the Cacos fart to float, that's what the holes on their rear are for. I can't cite my source but just take my word for it.

37 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

My time to shine is here!

The zombies: Doom's zombies aren't exactly undead but rather, they are possessed humans. So we can conclude that they fart and it smells like human farts but a bit worse

Imps: Imps seem to possess a very classic hell-fire ability. Other than that and the spikes, they look vaguely humanoid. Upon death, we can see that imps do have butt holes. This concludes that the poop and if they poop, they fart. Imp fart has a ashy, sulfuric smell to it.

Demons: Demons are clearly meat eaters. Their teeth, their growls and their attack patterns all point to them being meat eaters. If they eat, then the poop and therefore they fart. You could have argued that demons might have 100% energy efficiency inside their bodies but I would say that the brown water in hell levels proves otherwise. Demon fart would have a large amount of nitrogen and amino compounds thanks to their protein heavy diet and thus it would smell like it too. Overall, I'd say their farts smell like the unhealthy fat dude at McDonalds who hasn't showered in 3 weeks.

Specters: Same as Demons but their poop is invisible.

Lost Souls: Lost souls seem to not have any digestive system at all. Instead, I would say they run on the energy of hell itself. Because of their flaming skull appearance, I would guess the smell like someone's burnt steak at all times.

Cacodemon: Cacodemons most certainly fart. How else do you think they float? However given their ability to fly and their sparky breath, I'd say their farts smell like someone shat in a fuel tank.

Pain Elemental: Judging by the fiery interior of the Pain Elemental combined with how it blows up when it dies, I would guess that a lot of its body contain combustible material. I don't think pain elementals eat and therefore fart. This is because they can't attack the player from melee range, suggesting their mouths are for spitting out lost souls but not eating them. It is also probably run on hellish energy, if not completely then at least partially. I believe the Pain Elemental smells like burning gasoline.

Mancubus: Mancubi definitely eat things and they have large propane tanks strapped to their backs and the fuel seems to pass through their bodies. I would say their farts smell like fuel but with an strong acidic tinge to it. 

Arachnotrons appear to be mostly brain matter hooked up to robotic legs. I believe they don't fart but they do have exhaust ports on their metal chassis. Thus I would be inclined to believe that their exhaust smell like burning electrical wires.

Spider Mastermind: Like the arachnotron but the smell is much more overpowering and intense.

Arch-Vile: Arch-viles seem to be suffering from Jaundice. Thus, I would say that their farts smell pungent but not overpowering

Revenant: They are spooky scary agitated skelingtons. They ain't farting.

Barons and Hell Knights: Their clear bovine features lead me to believe that their farts smell like manure.

Cyberdemon: The Cyber Demon is a large goat demon. It  most certainly farts and those farts smell like a thousand goats breaking wind while a computer is burning down.

30 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

Uh-oh. We are all Doomed D:

31 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

Cyberdemon: The Cyber Demon is a large goat demon. It  most certainly farts and those farts smell like a thousand goats breaking wind while a computer is burning down.

A large goat demon, but his insides have been mostly replaced with machinery and cybernetics. You can clearly see wires in his exposed belly and he literally explodes when killed. I'd say he is more machine than anything else, so I am honestly not convinced they fart.

But they definitely still smell.

Rumor has it if you tickle a cacodemon's back, you can watch both their buttholes clench up.

27 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

A large goat demon, but his insides have been mostly replaced with machinery and cybernetics. You can clearly see wires in his exposed belly and he literally explodes when killed. I'd say he is more machine than anything else, so I am honestly not convinced they fart.

But they definitely still smell.

Oh yes you are right. In that case I would say that Cyberdemon's can "Fart" but if you are willing to call, expelling things like burnt fuel or heat as a fart. I guess it would be more like bursts of car exhaust then. They would still smell like goats breaking wind while a computer burns down around them though.

1 hour ago, FractalBeast said:

Alright, you guys just shot right past H-Doom into the weird-fetish territory. Tickling, farting, I've been on the internet long enough where this is heading.

Very very sorry for the double post.

You think this thread is in weird-fetish territory? I noticed that you joined in 2018 so I guess you haven't been around the site long enough to experience it yourself unless you've been lurking since 2003. Let me introduce you to:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/73912-into-the-fold-mancubus-encounter/

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/74980-this-poem-is-disgusting-and-i-regret-ever-writing-it/

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/14633-imp-encounter/

15 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

You think this thread is in weird-fetish territory? I noticed that you joined in 2018 so I guess you haven't been around the site long enough to experience it yourself unless you've been lurking since 2003. Let me introduce you to:

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/74980-this-poem-is-disgusting-and-i-regret-ever-writing-it/

well now I regret signing in to Doom forum...

Edit: nvm this was writen decades ago but still, why do these topics still exist XD

18 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

I don't understand why would people post this to Doom Forums.
And why to this day those posts still exist?
Can Admins delete those posts?

1 hour ago, Zulk RS said:

My time to shine is here!

The zombies: Doom's zombies aren't exactly undead but rather, they are possessed humans. So we can conclude that they fart and it smells like human farts but a bit worse

Imps: Imps seem to possess a very classic hell-fire ability. Other than that and the spikes, they look vaguely humanoid. Upon death, we can see that imps do have butt holes. This concludes that the poop and if they poop, they fart. Imp fart has a ashy, sulfuric smell to it.

Demons: Demons are clearly meat eaters. Their teeth, their growls and their attack patterns all point to them being meat eaters. If they eat, then the poop and therefore they fart. You could have argued that demons might have 100% energy efficiency inside their bodies but I would say that the brown water in hell levels proves otherwise. Demon fart would have a large amount of nitrogen and amino compounds thanks to their protein heavy diet and thus it would smell like it too. Overall, I'd say their farts smell like the unhealthy fat dude at McDonalds who hasn't showered in 3 weeks.

Lost Souls: Lost souls seem to not have any digestive system at all. Instead, I would say they run on the energy of hell itself. Because of their flaming skull appearance, I would guess the smell like someone's burnt steak at all times.

Cacodemon: Cacodemons most certainly fart. How else do you think they float? However given their ability to fly and their sparky breath, I'd say their farts smell like someone shat in a fuel tank.

Pain Elemental: Judging by the fiery interior of the Pain Elemental combined with how it blows up when it dies, I would guess that a lot of its body contain combustible material. I don't think pain elementals eat and therefore fart. This is because they can't attack the player from melee range, suggesting their mouths are for spitting out lost souls but not eating them. It is also probably run on hellish energy, if not completely then at least partially. I believe the Pain Elemental smells like burning gasoline.

Mancubus: Mancubi definitely eat things and they have large propane tanks strapped to their backs and the fuel seems to pass through their bodies. I would say their farts smell like fuel but with an strong acidic tinge to it. 

Arachnotrons appear to be mostly brain matter hooked up to robotic legs. I believe they don't fart but they do have exhaust ports on their metal chassis. Thus I would be inclined to believe that their exhaust smell like burning electrical wires.

Spider Mastermind: Like the arachnotron but the smell is much more overpowering and intense.

Arch-Vile: Arch-viles seem to be suffering from Jaundice. Thus, I would say that their farts smell pungent but not overpowering

Revenant: They are spooky scary agitated skelingtons. They ain't farting.

Barons and Hell Knights: Their clear bovine features lead me to believe that their farts smell like manure.

Thanks so much for the answers! but I asked if they are ticklish not if they fart ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, RanDOOM GUY said:

Thanks so much for the answers! but I asked if they are ticklish not if they fart ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But still, it's great that we have all those questions answered.

4 hours ago, vanilla_d00m said:

Summon one from a ouija board and find out, I'm shure nobody knows the answer here.  Nah just kidding... but seriously alot of new fans registering to this site recently are really obssessed with demons. 

Hey I am not obssesed with demons i was just asking something random. It just happened to be about demons.

2 minutes ago, RanDOOM GUY said:

Hey I am not obssesed with demons i was just asking something random. It just happened to be about demons.

That might be a possible issue. Because you can create infinite variants using this:

- ''Do Caco's like Cacaopowder?''

- ''If DoomGuy eats Peanut butter on his sandwich, will he add in jelly for that bloody texture?''

The question if Doom monsters are ticklish can be a different answer to anyone, particularly because said monsters do not exist in the real world, so we can't ask an Imp if they are capable of tickles and/if they like that.

This is quite possibly the silliest thread I have seen on this forum. I love it!

And having read various Mr Men books to my kids there is a definite demon similarity to some of Mr Tickle's victims...

2 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

very very sorry for the double post.

really good material here, pal!
I'm gonna tickle myself with them.

Smell is probably never going to be a sensory modality for video games this side of Matrix-style virtual reality. So speculation about what demons smell like is a fun little exercise, allowing for a great deal of personal interpretation and the social comparison of expectations.

Farts are funny to think about, but for more than 99% of the time in Doom, most players aren't crouched round a corner, suppressing their giggles while waiting for a demon to let one rip. Unless I've severely misjudged the playerbase. A great proportion of players are however engaging in combat with the demons, an activity which in a more veridical setting would produce a smorgasbord of various different smells, chiefly blood. So what might demon blood smell like?

It seems likely that the red stuff would smell pretty much like human blood, assuming that it is red for the same reasons. Otherwise it might have its own unique tang.

The green blood would I think have an acrid fleshy odour, an eye-watering mix of soggy old onions and a messy butcher shop.

The blue blood is a tricky one. My instinct is to speculate it would have some kind of chemical-ish smell, since blue is a rare colour to find in Earthly biology. Considering that cacodemons chuck balls of lightning, I reckon their blood smells like the inside of a battery.

Lost souls just smell like sulphur.

Edited by NoXion

Chain gun shall now be known as Long Range Tickling Device. 

This revealed new information about the Doomworld members that I never thought I would discover, and now I know that I should stay as far as possible, such discoveries must not be found by other people, nor new members — Initializing extermination protocol.