Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nname

Are you into clothing?

I was always pretty big on aesthetics, but I never really cared about clothes, because I wanted to save my money. But that has changed since January, I started buying a lot more clothes and I'm pretty into it, even though I still shop on a budget. I mostly like more subtle pieces that don't scream brand names or logos. And lesser known brands are fun too. How about you? Do you have anything interesting to share?

I buy everything at a local thrift store, unless it's something like snow gear that I want to be in great condition.

Have to say though, I hated shopping for clothes until I started shopping across the aisle. Men's clothes are just so mind numbingly boring most of the time. Although, I once found a pair of awesome flared jeans on a men's rack... But I'm pretty sure it was placed there by accident :)

1 minute ago, magicsofa said:

Men's clothes are just so mind numbingly boring most of the time.

That's true, although I don't really mind that, since I'm a bit of a minimalist.

Yeah I had to redo my wardrobe ever since moving to the desert, and I've accumulated a series of pastel shirts, black shorts and Vans sneakers. Half pastel goth, half palewave. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Yeah I had to redo my wardrobe ever since moving to the desert, and I've accumulated a series of pastel shirts, black shorts and Vans sneakers. Half pastel goth, half palewave. 

I also had to redo my entire wardrobe, it's an amazing feeling to replace all those clothes that I didn't like with something better. My wardrobe used to feel so uninviting.

I've been wearing nothing but jeans, sneakers and black hoodies since I turned twelve or so. Also black tees with whatever printed on them.

I’m into #menswear but I have nowhere to wear anything as a software guy lol

However I’ve translated it into buying tons of shirts and pants I can wear casually, with a few jackets for whatever rare occasion calls for one.

I like summer clothes the best because I love bright linen. 

Men’s clothes don’t have to be boring, it’s just that decades of weird psychological issues in the US regarding how men who care about clothes are perceived made them boring. Men’s clothes can be fun, and there is less pressure to buy disposable one-season fashion as a guy, once you find your groove as to what you like.

Also moving to clothes with no visible logos has been great, I was one of those mid-2000s teenagers who needed logo-covered sweatshop clothes and it’s lot nicer wearing long-term clothes without any branding. It’s also weird that the garbage id wear as a high schooler 15 years ago has moved up-market.

Edited by insertwackynamehere

I go naked everywhere 

I think I don't care about the clothes

Spoiler

Seriously speaking, I usually only wear shorts without a shirt, the heat around here is....

Oh, yes, i remember that time!

I was around fifteen years old, and there was those girls in the school, men's school, so yeah, like 8 girls on the whole school.

And you know, they had a lot to choose from, soo i started looking at the guys the chicks usually hang around, and tried to clothe myself that way.

But i didn't have that kind of clothes: jeans, v-neck t-shirts, jean jackets, and so.

So i went to a friends house that was a few years, like 6 years older than me, and i asked him to lend me some clothes he didnt like much or doesn't fit him anymore.

So yeah, from one morning to the next, i was clothing in the latest fashion as he was a little bigger physically than me.

And yeah, obviosly, the chicks didn't even notice me.

But hey, after that, i studied indumentary design professionally on the university...

...just to found that i didn't need a degree to design good clothes myself :P

That was more than 10 years ago, and i still have a knack for style and combining colors, clothes, and textures, but right now, i clothe myself like a hobo hahaha

A fashionable hobo, at least.

I was like 90% sure this topic was asking if you ever wear cloths, good thing I caught that, or I would have revealed my truth!

I don't really care about brands anymore. I prefer clothes that are plain and don't have logos or anything noticeable on them. I think when you're younger you care more about having the brands that are in fashion but as you get older you realise it's not really that important. I also have some sensory issues with certain fabrics. I prefer cotton t-shirts over polyester for instance. When I'm at home relaxing I'll usually be wearing a t-shirt and shorts with sandals.

I just buy the cheapest second-hand crap and wear it for years till it becomes a literal rag.

11 hours ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

I don't really care about brands anymore. I prefer clothes that are plain and don't have logos or anything noticeable on them. I think when you're younger you care more about having the brands that are in fashion but as you get older you realise it's not really that important. I also have some sensory issues with certain fabrics. I prefer cotton t-shirts over polyester for instance. When I'm at home relaxing I'll usually be wearing a t-shirt and shorts with sandals.

I feel like a lot of people, especially in my country pay way too much attention to what brands you wear. And I'm not a fan of that, you can't go outside wearing something brand-heavy without others making all kinds of comments about it. Not that I'm into brand-heavy stuff anyways, but people shouldn't be paying that much attention to the brands you're wearing is what I'm trying to say.

15 hours ago, maxmanium said:

I keep it simple. If it matches I don't really care. No graphic tees tho.

I also don't really mess with graphic tees. I feel like the designs on them are usually unnecessary. It looks like you're trying too hard when you're wearing them and I don't like that. That doesn't apply to things like merchandise though.

Edited by xzotikk

As a teenager I was very conscious of my appearance, but I’ve calmed down a lot since then. Probably too much because, other than going into work, I tend to dress like a homeless person - I wear clothes until they’re well past their expiry date.. Maybe I took too many tabs when I was gigging with the old band or something, but I just hate throwing even more shit into the landfill. Enough ends up there already and I don’t care about outward appearance enough to throw things out until they cross into the realm of “embarrassingly worn out”..

Not nowadays on the quarantine, but whenever I went out I always wore my long-sleeves jacket that looked a bit like a trenchcoat, with pants or jeans and a black shirt underneath, I also tended to use a black cap and all.. Yeah, all black.

I was basically the Watchdog's protagonist but without a bandana.

30 minutes ago, Archanhell said:

Not nowadays on the quarantine, but whenever I went out I always wore my long-sleeves jacket that looked a bit like a trenchcoat, with pants or jeans and a black shirt underneath, I also tended to use a black cap and all.. Yeah, all black.

I was basically the Watchdog's protagonist but without a bandana.

I wouldn't want to run into you at night, not gonna lie.

46 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

I wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time.

I also wear that very often.

For the past 5 years or so to now, my usual outfit has consisted of a black cotton shirt (or if it's hot, a black t-shirt), forest camo combat trousers or black jeans, and black leather Caterpillar boots. When it's cold I wear a black pleather jacket that's held up surprisingly well over the years, apart from the pockets which didn't take long to start falling apart.

I'd like a real leather jacket, but those cost a fair bit, and I always somehow end up finding other ways of getting rid of my disposable income. Don't remember if the jacket was all that much. The boots are the only item I've spent any significant money on, but it's worth it because a decent pair of leather boots will last for years. I think I've had my current pair since 2017? The previous pair lasted for about six years.

In 2018 I went on a short mountaineering break in north Wales. As part of the planning for that holiday, I bought some additional items of clothing. One was a black waterproof poncho that ended up never being needed, kind of like how taking an umbrella with can scare away rain clouds. The conditions on Mount Snowdon that day were perfect, sunny with a breeze. So the hat I got to shade my head was worn instead, a black cowboy hat because why the fuck not? It certainly did the job, I think it looks good on me, and as I get older I feel ever more strongly that when it comes to my personal appearance and fashion choices, my own opinion is the most important.

So yeah, while I'd never in a million years call myself fashionable, I definitely have my own sense of what I think looks good. Can't stand tracksuits and trainers, I never wear 'em.

4 minutes ago, NoXion said:

So yeah, while I'd never in a million years call myself fashionable, I definitely have my own sense of what I think looks good. Can't stand tracksuits and trainers, I never wear 'em.

Oh well, I like that you do your own thing! :D

My general consensus on fashion is that I never look like a potential victim of a crime out in public. Casual attire that doesn't expose anything works well, as does headwear that looks badass in general is what I tend to wear. At home in private I just experiment with what I have.

black cargo pants, (mostly) black band / festival shirt, black skate shoes. If needed, a black hoodie (and/or a black leather jacket in the worst days).

There's also a (brown, wow) cowboy like hat that my mother gifted me last year and that has been very useful of late.

So.. I do care somewhat but not that much. I used to wear clothes until they fell apart but now the GF throws the old away before they get too destroyed.

[also, for work I dress in a suit (no tie, luckily), all black, with black or blue no-pattern shirts, but that's not a choice I really made so.. doesn't count. Also, now with the "stay at home" I work a lot wearing nothing but shorts :D]

2 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

My general consensus on fashion is that I never look like a potential victim of a crime out in public. Casual attire that doesn't expose anything works well, as does headwear that looks badass in general is what I tend to wear. At home in private I just experiment with what I have.

As long as you feel comfortable with whatever you're wearing it's fine. :-)

2 hours ago, kalaeth said:

black cargo pants, (mostly) black band / festival shirt, black skate shoes. If needed, a black hoodie (and/or a black leather jacket in the worst days).

There's also a (brown, wow) cowboy like hat that my mother gifted me last year and that has been very useful of late.

So.. I do care somewhat but not that much. I used to wear clothes until they fell apart but now the GF throws the old away before they get too destroyed.

[also, for work I dress in a suit (no tie, luckily), all black, with black or blue no-pattern shirts, but that's not a choice I really made so.. doesn't count. Also, now with the "stay at home" I work a lot wearing nothing but shorts :D]

I actually really like that! Cargo pants are a bit of a 'wilder' piece for me, but I sometimes wear them too.

Edit: I also noticed that a few people are following this thread. Does it automatically do that if you reply?

Edited by xzotikk

I like tank tops, military styled tactical clothes, tall socks, long gloves going over the elbow, running shoes. Very colorful or mostly/completely black. Don't care if they're men's or women's clothes, I'll use any clothes that I like and fit. At the gym I've been wearing sports leggings and tank tops. At home usually wearing just college sweatpants or pyjama pants, maybe some tank top in the winter or if someone happens to come for a visit or have a videocall with someone.

Just now, Slipgate Tourist said:

I do wear clothes from time to time.

That's great, can't wear them everyday though.