thepa1n20

where is doom sprites in doom 3

On 1/14/2021 at 10:12 PM, thepa1n20 said:

how can i get doom 3 on pc

I will tell u but first tell me who make the best level with hell knight

On 1/15/2021 at 12:39 AM, thepa1n20 said:

yes it can ok

no it can't ok

I just had to, and I'm sorry. I would just love to read the response you got from both Bethesda and Xbox (because apparently Xbox has a direct customer support line for games released for the original Xbox 16 years ago). And despite the fact that Bethesda didn't even own iD software when Doom 3 was released for the original XBOX, and they would only be able to provide support for the Doom 3: BFG edition that was released for the 360 in 2012. 

And I know I'm feeding the troll, but I am just so damn curious as to where this is going. And I'm curious if there's just a severe language barrier that's causing an issue, or if thepa1n20 just legitimately doesn't understand that PC and Console releases of the same game can be fundamentally different. They can have content cut from them, or content added if they have enough time to work on the console release. But one thing that consoles do not generally have is a developer/debug console. The games are developed within the constraints of the console, and allowing people access to a developer console could completely alter the strict settings set in place by the limitations of the console. On PC it doesn't matter as much, because you are more than welcome to brick your PC by fucking with games. Most console manufacturers don't want to get a bad reputation by allowing developers to let people brick their consoles.

Edited by Jello

8 hours ago, thepa1n20 said:

can you guy show me how to do it on pc

In vanilla Doom3, press ctrl+alt+` (or ctrl+alt+~), type noclip while in the desired level.

In BFG edition, launch the game with the parameter "+seta com_allowconsole 1" like shown below in Steam:
c0dbddfe57.png
, press ` (or ~), type noclip while in the desired level.

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

You guys didn’t just feed the troll, you prepared him a fancy buffet and everything, holy damn

I did report it and all that. These greenhorn accounts are a problem.

2 hours ago, YeOldeFellerNoob said:

The only thing I learned from this thread is that there IS an easter egg in DOOM 3. Or, at least I think it is an easter egg.

There's a ton of them. Most of them related to referencing classic Doom :)

Mod, please move this thread to the Doom 3 subforum.

Side note: LOL.

9 hours ago, Edward850 said:

In vanilla Doom3, press ctrl+alt+` (or ctrl+alt+~), type noclip while in the desired level.

Or  put seta com_allowconsole "1" in your autoexec.cfg to have the console easily available.

ok how can i do it on xbox one please it should be there or how to get out of the train to go see the doom sprites

It's fascinating. Such threads are basically the Doomworld equivalent of plz send teh codez questions, but somehow they sound as if there is no real question.

This thread is fucking hilarious lol. Oh well, atleast I learned something in this thread.

Edited by BrassKnight

11 minutes ago, BrassKnight said:

Oh well, I learned something in this thread.

That’s good, because OP clearly didn’t

5 hours ago, thepa1n20 said:

ok how can i do it on xbox one please it should be there or how to get out of the train to go see the doom sprites

You have been told multiple times you cannot noclip on Xbox. You have been given the information, at some point you will have to accept it. 

5 hours ago, thepa1n20 said:

I'll help you, adam oker.

So to noclip on PC you have to open the console. Well it's the same thing on xbox one: you have to open the console. Note, however, that some of the screws you need to unscrew are hidden by warrantee-voiding tape, so in order to circumvent this and preserve your warrantee, I suggest to instead open it by careful use of a hand-held circular saw. The next step is to type "noclip" in the console. On ebay you can easily find old typewriters. Buy one, remove its n, o, c, l, i, and p keys, and put them in your xbox. Now you can close the console (I suggest using a glue gun).

To turn off noclip, do the same process, but this time to remove the keys.

Also don't forget that you need to do all that while the game is running, obviously; otherwise it won't register that you've entered the cheat.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:12 PM, thepa1n20 said:

how can i get doom 3 on pc

You're spending your money just to get this easter egg, I'm suprised.

3 hours ago, Diabolución said:

I am pretty sure that people of Auckland in New Zealand, antipodal to my land, are hearing me laughing right now.

That would be me actually, as a NZer in Auckland. 

12 hours ago, thepa1n20 said:

Ok, I'll be charitable and tell you.

There is a way to get off the train, involving a stack overflow of momentum indexes in the corner of carriage.  It sounds complex, but basically the trick is to slowly build up so much momentum by running into a corner that you jump "through" the train, and warp to the other side.  This is known as a "Ling-portal skip" after the guy who first discovered it.

To execute it, you need to position yourself in the corner of the carriage (any will do), and hold forwards directly into the corner.  It can take a long time to build up the momentum though, usually between 60 and 90 minutes depending on the fan speed of the Xbox.  If you reach the 2 hour mark and haven't warped through, your angle is probably wrong, so tweak slightly and try again.  Really good speedrunners can get the trick down to 45 minutes with accuracy when combined with grenade boosts.

Good luck!

As @Doomkid would say: ''Not only did you prepared an entire Troll buffet for the Troll, you are now also giving him a dessert to go with!''I

14 hours ago, thepa1n20 said:

You must be this guy:

tumblr_ma7ug9K0Eg1rdkk18o1_500.gifv

12 hours ago, StupidBunny said:

Take your Xbox One to the nearest train station with you.  Hop on the first train you see and ride it to the end of the line.  While you ride the train tell everyone else on board that you want to see the doom sprites.  Make sure you tell everyone, no matter how annoyed they or the conductors seem trust me it's just how you do it.  They'll make sure to get you out of the train and then maybe you'll see doom sprites too idk

I literally just thought this before seeing this post.

You and i have a similar mind regarding these. Nice. Thank you for this.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Maes said:

I will tell u but first tell me who make the best level with hell knight

barrel fun

17 hours ago, AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage said:

You're spending your money just to get this easter egg, I'm suprised.

Not to mention time! our time

ok how can i see it if train goes right way and how i get out of the train while it moving to see the easter egg of doom sprites

3 hours ago, thepa1n20 said:

ok how can i see it if train goes right way and how i get out of the train while it moving to see the easter egg of doom sprites

I almost wanted to join in the mock party. But I would feel bad if I did.

To answer your question: On the XBOX version: YOU CAN'T. IT DOES NOT EXIST.

On the PC version, THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO BUY, you have to noclip out using the command console.

Or hell, just click the heels on your ruby slippers together three times while saying "there's no place like Easter Egg".