Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

What browser do you use?

Chrome, but it's mostly out of habit.

I have been thinking of moving over to Edge or something for awhile now. Whether I ever get around to it though is another matter.

I've taken the final step. Vivaldi is now my default browser. Plus, I've gone ahead and installed that NoScript pain-in-the-ass, just for safety's sake.

Firefox Baby!

I just want to say for people using Opera or Opera GX, I heard some weird shady shit about the company and their practices, but people probably know that. I just want to say that.

Google Chrome because it's the only browser I'm familiar with. My browser used to be Internet Explorer but I don't use it anymore, the only time I use it is for running Flash games but I can't do that anymore since Adobe killed it.

On 5/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, GratefulName said:

I mainly use Opera GX

Ah, a fellow Opera GX user!

I used to use Pale Moon after a friend recommended me to it as an alternative for Chrome and Firefox and the like. While I admired it for it's oldschool appeal (it's a fork of a Firefox version prior to the switch from XUL to Webextensions) it sadly had some performance and especially memory usage issues on certain sites such as Youtube and Twitter. Some other sites I frequently use also started having problems on it, and the lead dev is reportedly a bit of a prick from what I can gather. I've since switched to Opera for the time being and it's suited me thus far with relatively few issues.

On 6/5/2021 at 5:48 AM, Cehualli5 said:

I just want to say for people using Opera or Opera GX, I heard some weird shady shit about the company and their practices, but people probably know that. I just want to say that.

You heard what exactly? Please provide some facts and/or links to support your claim.

1 hour ago, deus-ex said:

You heard what exactly? Please provide some facts and/or links to support your claim.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/opera-phantom-of-the-turnaround/ 

It's a very long read, but the details are there. You can also google various articles talking about how shady opera is. Although Opera GX looks very good, I would use it if it wasn't a privacy concern for me like chrome.

I use Chrome, but I'm thinking of switching to a browser more security focused like Brave or DuckDuckGo.

Edit: I use Brave now.

Edited by Pyborg

Up until three years ago I used Firefox + Bing, now I switched to DuckDuckGo and Firefox, I really wish there was an actual DuckDuckGo browser for pc too

I WAS going to say Pale Moon, but over the last two weeks it's been giving me problems.

So I ditched it and am now running Waterfox, and boy, what a difference it made.

Chrome till a few months back, now firefox. Still don't feel familiar with it, but like at least it isn't chrome.

On 6/25/2021 at 4:07 PM, TenenteZashu said:

Up until three years ago I used Firefox + Bing, now I switched to DuckDuckGo and Firefox, I really wish there was an actual DuckDuckGo browser for pc too

They have a solid enough iOS app, wish they'd make a desktop client

'Ey! Apologies for the bump, but I haven't been able to find a good active thread for something I wanted to talk about for a while.

I used Chrome for a long while now. When I moved on to Windows 10 with my new computer, I decided to try Microsoft Edge, see what's so special about it. I was amazed by the features it offers compared to Chrome. Minimal resource usage with sleeping tabs and efficency mode, split-screen, vertical tabs, built-in V.P.N. so I can access sites that are blocked for me, the ability to search case-sensitive or whole words with CTRL-F, and plenty of other features I'm sure I didn't know about. With these in mind, I decided to use Edge as my main browser and never looked back since.

Edited by Panzermann11

Firefox (not ESR) for everyday use, sometimes Chromium for a few websites that fuck up Firefox, rarely elinks or lynx for scraping or when I need to repair something from the console.

Firefox with the Betterfox user.js file, which makes it a little faster and more private.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:54 AM, pyborg said:

I use Chrome, but I'm thinking of switching to a browser more security focused like Brave or DuckDuckGo.

Edit: I use Brave now.

From my experience, Brave is a better version of Chrome. Perfect for content blocking and removes many of the services Google uses in its browser. It's really good, despite the crypto shenanigans.

Firefox.

I like extensions on mobile version and the fact that it's open source, so no spying from Google or reducing my usage freedom.

Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. I wil try Brave in the future when i will have time.

Vivaldi is my favorite. It's the "real" successor to Opera IMO. Good privacy, very customizable, lots of cool streamlined features. Tab stacks and tiling alone make it much more productive than other browsers I've tried. Firefox is the runner up, but it doesn't feel as well integrated and doesn't let you do things like tab stacks or mouse gestures on certain types of pages. I'd switch if the adblock apocalypse is as bad as they say it could be.