Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vqig

What Was Your Last Purchase?

Microsoft game pass to see if Starfield is any good to buy, and the premium upgrade so I can play 5 days early

On 8/23/2023 at 12:03 PM, Grazza said:

So, I have something for this thread that isn't just groceries, etc.

Celestron - StarSense AutoAlign Telescope Accessory

71dusQYoy2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

You'd think the manual alignment ("just point it at three bright stars") would be easy enough, but it can be quite a pain (partly because an 8-inch telescope sees so many stars wherever you point it, and many of them look bright), so I thought this would be worth it. Just need a dark sky now.

Tested it last night (100% clear sky). It found the moon!

It worked perfectly in fact, but with the moon so unusually bright, most objects were a good deal less visible than they might have been. Fun to flit easily between all sorts of objects, and I look forward to seeing them on a moonless night. Must sort out a good way to take photos through it.

Saturn was pretty close to the moon. Nice clear view of it, but it looked somehow flat. Don't know if that was due to the lack of shadows (with it being in opposition) or due to the light pollution from the moon.

i5 13600KF

ASUS Prime Z790-P Motherboard

16GB DDR4

1TB Western Digital SSD

DeepCool AK400 CPU Cooler

SATA / IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter

Starfield

More electrical components.  2 32 KB SRAM ICs, 140 axial capacitors and 280 mylar capacitors... need to get more voltage regulators.

My last purchase was a 10ft 20 Gbps/240w USB-C to USB-C data transfer/charging cable that was advertised as "the fastest charging cable in history!" on the Amazon web page.   Received it today (within 24 hours of ordering) and I tested its transfer throughput with my external SSD drive that I KNOW can do 1000 MB/s with a 5Gbps cable I bought from JacobsParts.   So what did this - the fastest charging cable in history - do?  Exactly less than half the speed of my 5Gbps cable, and not even USB 3.0 throughput let alone USB-C 3.1 Gen 2 speeds.  Basically bought it  for shits and giggles knowing it was not as advertised because it was only $10 with Free Returns so I had nothing to lose.   The seller will certainly be honoring that return policy soon.

Two Humane "Keep Rodent Alive" Mousetraps

71SJoGYCxUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The cats had been going berserk over a little mouse, so rather than let that continue and it ending in the inevitable manner, I ordered these from Amazon. They arrived just a few hours later. This evening one of them had a "customer", who was taken to nearby woodland and released. Not too nearby though, as apparently mice are pretty good at finding their way back.

Of course, you need to check on these things a couple of times a day, or they stop being especially "humane". Once the cats return to normal, I'll remove the traps.

Edit: Now three four five six little mice safely trapped and released. I released them all in exactly the same spot, in case any of them were in a bonded pair.

Edited by Grazza

I just Purchased this last few weeks a laptop with a 4050 for 700$ off amazon Warehouse a phenomanal Deal. As i need something for on the go or when i dont feel like sitting at the desk.

Congo Kivu coffee

51EYwuhRY1L._SL1000_.jpg

Two pound bag, so let's hope it's good. The k-cup version certainly is.

Kivu is a lake on the border between Congo and Rwanda, and also a historical name of a region of Congo that has seen more than its fair share of conflict.

I purchased Pico-8. Eventually I want to tinker with Godot and pursue my video game ideas, but I thought Pico-8 would be nice to work on making games with very specific constraints. 

I got a Pandora arcade machine for me and the kids to introduce them to some of my childhood favorites.

PXL_20231003_221001419.jpg

Just now, Eon Toad said:

I got a Pandora arcade machine for me and the kids to introduce them to some of my childhood favorites.

PXL_20231003_221001419.jpg

Sweet! SEGA Jurassic Park Arcade!! That was one of my childhood favorites, too!!

I believe it was two pre-orders for a set of Darkstalkers figures of Morrigan and Lilith.

As penance I've locked my credit card in a cage with a Shambler.

An external SSD of 4 To cause i'm full and i need more games on my computer:

Capture-d-cran-2023-10-07-181801.jpg

1 hour ago, Lemonzest said:

2x 2242 512GB NVME B+M Key SSDs

32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 SODIMMs

I only speak English