Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leejacksonaudio

Earworm Thread - What Song Is Stuck In Your Head?

This is a thread for you to dump the songs that are currently stuck in an endless loop in your head, in the hope that you might be able to somehow get them out.

Right now, I've got that damned RockAuto.com commercial jingle (the country & western version) stuck in my brain. Had it there for a week now. AAUUGGHH.

A song “I Choose the Stairs” by some guy named... *checks notes* Lee Jackson. It was used for one of the later Ray Mohawk 2 maps and since doing some testing yesterday, I haven’t stopped hearing it in the background of my mind.. Good tune!

Tricky question.
Getting songs stuck in my head seems a lot harder right now than it was back then. Right now I don't have any songs stuck, but when I do I'll edit this post.

A combination of Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas time" and "Time Warp" from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The choruses are similar and my brain is attempting to play them both at the same time.

I'm trying to make creepy Hexen MIDI and this is simply not helping.

4 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I stumbled across this song months ago and I still can't get it out of my head. Very damn catchy and fun.

What madness is this? lol. It's just ever so slightly off-kilter and oddly creepy.

Fortunately most of the songs I get stuck in my head are good, and I can generally defeat a bad one if I focus on a good one. Unfortunately watching music reviewers who kick the crap out of shitty pop and rap songs has a big downside in that you actually hear the song too. So occasionally I will get something awful stuck in my head as a consequence. I don't pay enough attention to remember names though unless they are notably terrible like Meghan Trainor or something. I particularly hate "Dear Future Husband" because it steals the music from the great classic "Runaround Sue" so it inherits that song's catchiness, and the lyrics are borderline sociopathic. Should always treat ladies with respect but she's not demanding respect, she's demanding subservience.

Edited by Murdoch

I've had a few throughout the week.

134340 Pluto by Cojum Dip a "Jazz Metal Band from space (and college)" A very talented and completely bat guano (there's kids on here you know :D) Metal band that fuse jazz and Doo - Wop and even a little rap into their music. This is one of the much more melodic tracks, and is no where near as abrasive as the rest of the album. They're inactive now, but originally started out in Ann Arbor, MI, led by Bora Karaca. They were active as a live band from 2002 - 2005 I think. All five would dress up in Luchador outifts and play insane stuff. Later on, Bora wrote and recorded the entire album himself in 2014. There were a few guest vocalists, and a jazz pianist, but otherwise it was just Bora with some help from his friend Joe Hawley.

Also this song:

This is a Tally Hall song written by Andrew Horowitz in 2009. The original is very intimate, and is mostly just piano. This version is really nice though, and gets stuck in my head often. This comes from a tribute album for Tally Hall: Michigan's favorite Wonky Rock band. Sadly they've been inactive since 2011, but have many projects related to them, such as Miracle Musical, Cojum Dip, Edu, and the solo careers of Rob Cantor (Actual Cannibal Shia Lebouf guy), Joe Hawley, and Andrew Horowitz. This album was sort of a requiem for the band. A very nice tribute, but I'm not big on indie rock, and every artist on We Think We're Playing in a Band is seemingly trying to out - quirk each other. Either way, it's enjoyable and quite refreshing and creative.

Really the Tally Hall universe is the only idie rock I like. Otherwise I listen to King Crimson, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, and other musicians of that nature. But these tracks have been stuck in my head for far too long, and I think the bands deserve recognition. Bonus choice, the Banana Man video:

Also yeah this video is super cursed.

Edited by Dusty_Rhodes

1 hour ago, The BMFG said:

been having this song from chris cornells euphoria morning stuck in my head all day 

Guys I think he likes Chris Cornell. Jokes aside he had an incredible voice.

1 hour ago, Lippeth said:

A combination of Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmas time" and "Time Warp" from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The choruses are similar and my brain is attempting to play them both at the same time.

I'm trying to make creepy Hexen MIDI and this is simply not helping.

As a Beatles fan I have to say my two least favorite Christmas songs of all time are by former Beatles. I kinda dread turning on the radio in December lmao.

1 hour ago, Dubbag said:

Woah that's pretty sick. Not a metal fan, but this is really unique.

2 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

my music tastes are a little obscure

Do you also like Jack Stauber or Tally Hall / Joe Hawley? Those fan bases seem to overlap quite a bit.

Just now, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Do you also like Jack Stauber or Tally Hall / Joe Hawley? Those fan bases seem to overlap quite a bit.

There are a couple Tally Hall songs I like, have yet to really look into Jack Stauber though.

I walked by some Baby Shark toys at work at the end of the day. Anyone want to put me out if my misery?

Well, on the plus side it's interspersed with Joan of Arc by Leonard Cohen.

Joan of Arc, doo doo doo doo doo doo.

1 hour ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

As a Beatles fan I have to say my two least favorite Christmas songs of all time are by former Beatles. I kinda dread turning on the radio in December lmao.

I've never really been a Beatles fan, but I can relate. The first time I heard Billy Corgan singing Christmastime I was ready to walk out of my holiday job at K-Mart. I mean, being subjected to nothing but Christmas music in the middle of November was bad enough, but I loved The Smashing Pumpkins. To hear Billy singing that tripe four or five times a day was demoralizing.

Which actually brings up kind of an interesting question:

Does anyone here actually enjoy Christmas music? If you've ever worked retail during the "Holiday Season" I'm sure you hate it. Two months of the same twelve songs covered by different people.

But does anyone on Doomworld actually enjoy it? Do you feel like it gets you in the Holiday Spirit? I can think of one relative that possibly likes it, but I don't count her opinion because of reasons. All of the rest of my relatives, my friends, past coworkers, none of them actually likes Christmas music. My Grandparents couldn't stand it, never in either of their households was Christmas music ever played. My Great-Grandparents didn't like it. It is just obnoxious and irritating. Even before I worked any retail jobs I hated going to stores and having Santa Baby, White Christmas, or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer blasting in my ears. And the hot mess that is "Baby It's Cold Outside". So why the Hell do stores play it for two damn months?

Okay, tangent/rant over.

Edited by Jello

5 hours ago, Jello said:

Does anyone here actually enjoy Christmas music?

No, but maybe not for the same reason as others. Oh I mean sure, it definitely gets tedious but for me I largely hate radio play anywhere I go, because I don't really care to give my ear to any music I didn't personally choose to play. So I've pretty much always got my Mp3 player and headphones when I go out :P

Power Metal truly got invented a long time back. :)

6 hours ago, Jello said:

Does anyone here actually enjoy Christmas music?

Ugh. I had to suffer through tats each December since childhood because my mother totally switches into Christmas mode that time of year and listens to nothing else. So whenever I visit her during the season it's the same torture over and over and over again, some of the CDs she plays are over 30 years old and I got to endure them every year again. Ugh...

14 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

Power Metal truly got invented a long time back. :)

Haha, I actually like that.

6 hours ago, Jello said:

Does anyone here actually enjoy Christmas music? If you've ever worked retail during the "Holiday Season" I'm sure you hate it. Two months of the same twelve songs covered by different people.

Argh. God no. Fortunately I run my own business so I never have to listen to Christmas music while working but yes, going out and about it's the same crap over and over again. I do like two Christmas songs though. "Belleau Wood" by Garth Brooks which tells the story of a Christmas truce in World War I. Beautiful song. And finally...

A comedy band featuring various English comedy legends. And the guitar should sound familiar. It's no less than Brian May :)

Pretty much all of Calamity OST has been living rent free in my head the last few months--especially the tracks related to Providence and Devourer of Gods. They're just really catchy.