Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Man of Doom

Doomworld has been compromised.

9 minutes ago, RED77 said:

This is a real shame. I'm a very new member of this community and so far I had the best experience. Hope this incident does not ruin this.

Doomworld has been around for God knows how many years. This shouldn't be all too dangerous, provided you don't just give away your vital private information here and there on Doomworld. Just sit back and enjoy.

Password is probably least of our concerns. An identity stealer could do more damage with your IRL name and real birthday + email

1 minute ago, RDETalus said:

Password is probably least of our concerns. An identity stealer could do more damage with your IRL name and real birthday

But what if my doomworld account info is someone else's identity that I stole?

Just now, Snaxalotl said:

But what if my doomworld account info is someone else's identity that I stole?

you can be charged with assisting of a crime

Does Doomworld even have birthday info like other forums? For some reason I thought it does, but doesn't seem like it

Ok, so after all of this, here's the most important question of all:

Who's going to make dwforums 4?

1 minute ago, RDETalus said:

you can be charged with assisting of a crime

Does Doomworld even have birthday info like other forums? For some reason I thought it does, but doesn't seem like it

I was born on February 26th if it helps anyone.

2 hours ago, A Nobody said:

Has the problem been fixed?

Nothing more can be done beyond informing everyone of the database leak and encouraging everyone to change their passwords. This isn't an issue that can be "fixed" further than that, Strife. We're not going to be able to get the leaked database removed from that hacker's forum no matter how many sternly-worded emails we send 'em. But if we all change our passwords, we render the leak entirely useless. Not that anyone would bother trying to crack any of the passwords anyways because as we've already established, there's nothing worth a hacker's time to do so.

I feel like this is one of those kind of hacks that was more done for the sheer thrill on the hacker's part for bragging rights and fearmonger-based shitposting for laughs.

Edited by Biodegradable

9 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

the picture

When was this image taken lmao. Who’s Ralphis? What was the OG context behind this?

9 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

When was this image taken lmao. Who’s Ralphis? What was the OG context behind this?

5 hours ago, Edward850 said:

They haven't actually given you any information.

ClumsyCryptid suggest me to investigate further. That's something. Right? :)

6 hours ago, ClumsyCryptid said:

That's a rabbit hole that I recommend delving into

This is why I always use an alias email and do not participate in sites that display DOB or any other personal info on profiles.

Seriously. Don't use your personal email with websites like this. Use an alias or throwaway you keep the password to; it might just save your ass.

1 hour ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Can the hacker please tell me my password because I forgot it.

Frame_rate_killer_69

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Nothing more can be done beyond informing everyone of the database leak and encouraging everyone to change their passwords. This isn't an issue that can be "fixed" further than that, Strife. We're not going to be able to get the leaked database removed from that hacker's forum no matter how many sternly-worded emails we send 'em. But if we all change our passwords, we render the leak entirely useless. Not that anyone would bother trying to crack any of the passwords anyways because as we've already established, there's nothing worth a hacker's time to do so.

I feel like this is one of those kind of hacks that was more done for the sheer thrill on the hacker's part for bragging rights and fearmonger-based shitposting for laughs.

What do you mean nothing more can be done?

Date of birth? I don't remember being asked/required to put date of birth anywhere on this site.

11 minutes ago, A Nobody said:

He presumably means that nothing more can be done. Just a guess.

14 minutes ago, A Nobody said:

8 minutes ago, A Nobody said:

Why not just remove our emails from our accounts? That should take care of it.

What is your issue, man?

It definitely weirded me out seeing reports of this hack on Twitter, thankfully the passwords are encrypted.

Just now, Doomkid said:

Alrighty, take a week to cool off.

Come on man. Please understand the situation here. I went to the site and saw that many files were included in the download.

7 minutes ago, A Nobody said:

Come on man. Please understand the situation here. I went to the site and saw that many files were included in the download.

As many of us have noted previously, Strife: This hack is pathetic. Our passwords are all encrypted thanks to the forum software security, cracking them will take ages, all of us changing our passwords will render the data leak completely useless AND nobody is going to be interested in cracking the password hashes to begin with because there is nothing for thieves to be gained from doing so. We just talk Doom here. We're not a fucking bank or anything.

Just change your sodding password and stop freaking out already. It's going to be okay, fam.