Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A2Rob

Rusty Drill - A Scythe Themed Community Project (Slots Filled?) New Beta Available (4/11/24)

Another Scythe homage? Sure, why not?

So long as there is no speedrunning map... :S

6 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

So long as there is no speedrunning map... :S

image.png?width=670&height=671

I need this mug.

Edit: how the fuck have you made that many posts in less than three years?

This is a fantastic idea. Let's hope we see future megawads honouring the other classic megawads like Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed, Requiem, Memento Mori...

19 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

Getting Drilled:
Scythey as expected. I encountered a minor bug: when I first found the secret chaingun, no new monsters spawned, which I thought was odd. I reached the exit wondering where the remaining 6 monsters were, and wandered around for a bit. It turned out I needed to fire a shot in the starting area, which woke up the remaining monsters, including chaingunners in the secret. I've included an extra demo showing this effect.

Ahhhh, definitely overlooked not shooting at the zombie men. I moved the sound trigger to a different point in the level so that It would be harder to skip!

On 5/12/2023 at 2:11 PM, gabirupee said:

Hide contents

doom43.png.1dcb775c7d628202eca9ac7951a3cec0.pngdoom42.png.14ebec7c92983f2a47f579884b26d2a7.png

Nice catch! Can't have fucked up looking crates! Those are important!

Thank's for the feedback y'all! I went and updated the download link for the new version.

4 hours ago, spineapple tea said:

Edit: how the fuck have you made that many posts in less than three years?

Let me introduce you to @seed.

2 hours ago, MajorRawne said:

This is a fantastic idea. Let's hope we see future megawads honouring the other classic megawads like Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed, Requiem, Memento Mori...

Alien Vindictus a suitable name for an AV tribute project? :P

Map name: La Mort

Author: EPICALLL

Midi title and composer: Post Mortem by ME!

Source port used: DSDA-Doom, Boom, GZDoom

Difficulties: This map is pretty difficult, but yes, settings are there.

Coop starts: All implemented

A short description of your map (this is optional): Good luck, is all I'm saying. You get one health recovery item throughout the entire map, so make sure you use it well.

La Mort.zip

29 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

Good job, you made Death but twice as difficult. I love it.

Nice midi btw.

22 minutes ago, A2Rob said:

Good job, you made Death but twice as difficult. I love it.

Nice midi btw.

I knew it was possible because of the distinct lack of hitscan, so testing was a little more on the minimal side this time around. Honestly tho, I made the midi in 45 minutes on a whim.

1 hour ago, EPICALLL said:

Yep, it's hard. The perched baron seemed unnecessary... maybe there can be a crusher that activates after you grab the last key.

rustyd22m428.zip

1 hour ago, Pseudonaut said:

Yep, it's hard. The perched baron seemed unnecessary... maybe there can be a crusher that activates after you grab the last key.

rustyd22m428.zip

did i mention that i have no idea how to play demos with pwads?

7 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

Heh, I'd considered viddumping it anyway. Here it is:

25 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

name-of-source-port -iwad path/to/iwad -file path/to/pwad -playdemo path/to/demo

As for where to enter the command line arguments, you have a few options:

1) Add them to the launch options of your source port's .exe file in the file properties dialog.

2) Make a batch file with the above as its contents and run it.

3) Type it in the actual command line.

4) Use a launcher like ZDL with the arguments added (my personal favorite method). This one comes with the extra benefit of not needing the -iwad and -file parameters with the correct setup - just pick the correct IWAD, add the PWAD to the file list and just enter the -playdemo parameter to the command line arguments.

Edited by MFG38

14 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

Heh, I'd considered viddumping it anyway. Here it is:

Impressive. Most Impressive.

16 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Another option: ctrl-click the necessary files to select all of them at once, then drag them into dsda-doom.exe. In this case, the files that need to be selected are 32in24-15_tex_v2.wad, La Mort.wad and rustyd22m428.lmp. This is usually how I watch demos, so I rarely have to type anything to do it.

Here's my submission, this was very fun to work on :D

Map name: New Swindon

Author: finnks13

Midi title and composer: Car dealership from Gran Turismo 3 (sequenced by Viscerality)

Source port used: DSDA-Doom v0.25.6

Difficulties: Yep

Coop starts: Yep

A short description of your map: It's a city in the future, so that means everything's made of shiny metal, including the roads, benches, grass, fences, blue bricks & spiders!

Download: drill_finnks_v1.zip

Obligatory Screenshot: 

image.png

Damn, this is sick. I would love to play something Scythe-like, especially some kind of brutal and grotesque homage to Fire and Ice

52 minutes ago, finnks13 said:

Here's my submission, this was very fun to work on :D

Author: finnks13

Midi title and composer: Car dealership from Gran Turismo 3 (sequenced by Viscerality)

Source port used: DSDA-Doom v0.25.6

Difficulties: Yep

Coop starts: Yep

A short description of your map: It's a city in the future, so that means everything's made of shiny metal, including the roads, benches, grass, fences, blue bricks & spiders!

Download: drill_finnks_v1.zip

Obligatory Screenshot: 

image.png

Here's a uv-max demo: finnks02.zip
Lovely groovy city-esque pop vibes, gameplay is on pair and really tasteful to execute, didn't find any bugs and stuff through I have a tiny little nitpick: I couldn't find a way of consistently beating the last fight (cacos + pain elementals) I'd appreciate it if you could tell me a viable strategy for this fight :P

12 minutes ago, gabirupee said:

Here's a uv-max demo: finnks02.zip
Lovely groovy city-esque pop vibes, gameplay is on pair and really tasteful to execute, didn't find any bugs and stuff through I have a tiny little nitpick: I couldn't find a way of consistently beating the last fight (cacos + pain elementals) I'd appreciate it if you could tell me a viable strategy for this fight :P

Thanks for the playtest, I'm glad you liked it!

I don't really have a specific strategy in mind for the final bit if I'm honest, I normally tend to run past the cacos & pain elementals as soon as possible since it's rather easy to get trapped in the road you come out of the building on and the arachnotron shooting everything in the back is quite useful (here's a demo in case this makes no sense lol: rustydemo.zip ). I could definitely add a few more rockets here, or remove a couple of pain elementals if the fight's too difficult for this slot in it's current state, though I'll wait to see what others think.

Finished my submission for MAP20.

Map name: StarStruct Inc. Center

Author: Al-Faris M

Midi title and composer: Castle Center from Castlevania 64, sequenced by Dooey Jo (Copyright © 1999 by Konami)

Source port used: DSDA-Doom

Difficulties: Yes

Coop starts: Yes (as well as coop monsters)

Short Description: You are tasked to travel to Limbo, but before doing that you need to go to StarStruct Inc.'s center. The place looks somewhat familiar..

yjGIJBi.png

starstructcenterV1.2.wad (Google Drive)

Edited by Al-Faris M

11 hours ago, finnks13 said:

I like all the cute visuals people are putting in their maps. That flipped car gave me a chuckle.

I couldn't figure out you had to shoot the grate to progress, had to open the map in an editor. Not sure if having a pile of clips in front of the grate is enough of an indicator, although to be fair I wasn't really paying attention.

Other than that, map was fun. 

8 hours ago, Al-Faris M said:

Map name: StarStruct Inc. Center

Another fun map. Almost ate a rocket from Mr. Cyb.

• .Yellow key door can soft-lock the player since there's no way to re-open it from the beginning area
    • Being able to open it from the other side after it closes seems like a good way to cheese the following fight (if it didn't soft-lock the player to begin with).
  • That trapped hell knight next to the yellow key seems redundant

8 hours ago, A2Rob said:

Another fun map. Almost ate a rocket from Mr. Cyb.

• .Yellow key door can soft-lock the player since there's no way to re-open it from the beginning area
    • Being able to open it from the other side after it closes seems like a good way to cheese the following fight (if it didn't soft-lock the player to begin with).
  • That trapped hell knight next to the yellow key seems redundant

Here's an update to my map based on your feedback:
starstructcenterV1.2.wad (Google Drive)

Map name: Punching bag

Author: DynamiteKaitorn AKA Heich

Midi title and composer: Industrius - Jazz Jackrabbit (from VGMusic)

Source port used: WooF!

Difficulties: Yes - Lower difficulties contains less enemies

Coop starts: Yes - The map also has more items/enemies that are exclusive to CO-OP

Description: An old, green base used by the military a number of years ago, this base was the dumping grounds of all the nuclear waste from the many power plants around the nation. Allegedly, the military sought to try and turn the waste into weaponry... doesn't seem like they got far though.

Screensies!

Spoiler

2.jpg.8ea5b0b8751906dc48c8a2effb8b2911.jpg

3.jpg.873bc4e3b294f95ea425e91533674a40.jpg

PB-1.jpg.eb3213774a2f3f999adeb31294841784.jpg

Download:

PunchingBag_v1.zip

I'm gonna make some changes to my map. I feel like the flow isn't perfect and that maybe it ends a bit short.

9 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Map name: Punching bag

Nice little tyson map.

The yellow doors can be opened without the yellow keycard.