Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A2Rob

Rusty Drill - A Scythe Themed Community Project (Slots Filled?) New Beta Available (4/11/24)

5 hours ago, cannonball said:

Midi - Stardust by Tristan Clark

You really surprised me, Mr. Powell. 👍

I am sorry, but I will drop out. Apologies for doing it so late (and after changing slots many times) but I completely lost the inspiration and motivation to work on this project. Good luck to everyone involved!

With the deadline fast approaching and so many maps yet to be submitted, I imagine at least a few people will either drop out or miss the end of the month. If that comes to pass I want to throw it out there that I'm willing to pick up extra slots so the wad can get finished.

I don't want to drop out, but I can potentially miss the deadline. I've got to do some speedmapping to finish my map; if I don't get it done in time, I can send the stuff I've finished to that point to someone more proficient than me.

In retrospective, I really shouldn't have taken so many community projects on my shoulders (really shows my lack of experience here). Well, lesson learned!

I'll pick up MAP29, however it will inevitably be at least a little past the deadline as my irl life isn't as chill as it was when I joined these forums.

30 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

I'll pick up MAP29, however it will inevitably be at least a little past the deadline as my irl life isn't as chill as it was when I joined these forums.

Sure. The deadline will most likely be extended anyway.

15 minutes ago, A2Rob said:

Sure. The deadline will most likely be extended anyway.

Aight, cool.

Hate to budge in after all this time with these news, but it's unlikely I'll actually get anything done towards this project. Started working on another project the other day and it's stealing my focus, and I wouldn't want to bust out a half-assed map. For these reasons, I've decided to drop out.

Hey if people are leaving do you think I could possibly take some of the map slots that people are leaving behind? I've kept tabs on this project just in case for a while now and it would be neat if I could get in on the action!

I normally would drop out at this point, but if A2Rob extends the deadline I can do something for this project this weekend

11 minutes ago, Bobby "J said:

I normally would drop out at this point, but if A2Rob extends the deadline I can do something for this project this weekend

Might as well confirm there will be an extension to the deadline. I'll go more into detail at the end of the month.

Since nobody has claimed Mao 21 (to my knowledge) I think I'll cook something up.

2 hours ago, Raspoza said:

(Someone already requested map 21, oops, mb)

He's referring to you @Hebonky, you're good to go with Map21.

I'll throw an offer to take up a mapslot aswell if one needs filling. Been a big fan of the scythe series from early on and it would be a fun style to emulate.

Update to my map;

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/cnkyvyqlhmgj94dtoo3dp/Blue-Alert.2.wad?rlkey=o9ltg8d6nqecsdndokeeyy1cr&dl=0

Changes;

- Slight tweaks around the blue key, notably the trigger to make the key disappear is a lot closer to the teleporter inside the computer.

- Removed sky transfers (These were only temporary anyway as the skybox for E2 should be sufficient).

- End fight tweaked (Cramped fight + monsters spilling out of the exit area which should play better than the previous version).

- BFG secret tweaked

I still probably need to do some more detailing and of course add difficulty settings.

Hello, my map's been going along very well and is almost finalized for UV, just requires a few gameplay tweaks and more visual decor but unfortunately I'll be unable to meet the current deadline, my apologies for that. I'd definitely appreciate the extension.

Since quite a few people asked, I'll be extending the deadline for the time being. Ideally, I would like to have all maps submitted by the end of the year, though I'm doubtful that will happen.

If you claimed a map slot and have yet to post any status update in the thread, now would be a good time to let me know whether or not you're still interested in mapping for the project, that way map slots can be transitioned to others who want to participate.

Thank you. 

Map 26: Damnatio
Author: Monsieur E
Midi title and composer: depths.mid by Ribbiks 
Source port used: dsda-doom 0.27.0 -complevel 9
Difficulties: Yes
Coop starts: Yes
A short description of your map: A grueling subterranean battleground, inspired by scythe2 map26 and map29. Conserve your ammo, berserk as often as you can, and watch your health. Will take about 4 to 5 minutes to complete.

Spoiler

image.png.d958c824f7a754ffb74f177f0b0f40d9.png

Damnatio.zip

2 minutes ago, stochastic said:

Hey there. If a map slot opens up, I'd love to claim it! 

there are several map slots open, do you have any preferences?
Edit: Commented on the wrong thread and now I look like an idiot, whoops.

14 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

there are several map slots open, do you have any preferences?

A slot in episode 3, preferably. I recently submitted a hellish void for the 30 sectors project so I've got lots of ideas for that theme still flowing. If not, episode 2, then 1. I'd really be happy just contributing :)

Edited by stochastic