Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

DWANGO30 - Celebrating 30 years of Deathmatch! [Community Project - ALL SLOTS FILLED]

i wish i could grab a spot, but it seems like all of them are taken lol

11 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Sorry I haven’t been more active here in general, mappers - just not had the spare time I normally would, to the point where I may extend the deadline a little yet again. I certainly don’t want any mappers stressing about deadlines while I’m not able to work more actively on this.

Oh god, that might help, considering how I've been slacking off more and more and not actually working on my map.. Who the hell knows what else I can add to my map that'll not make me put it off for another week. Jeez.

Didn't realize this project was limit-removing at first! I've taken my time and took advantage of this for a newer layout.

I was thinking about looking for somebody to help with the visuals; however, gameplay wise it flows pretty well.

I'll hopefully get a RV1 file out soonish - I'd also like to request any mapslot 12-20. :)

image.png.bef8e5557d12d09647fc7732ca3c9e95.png

First version of my submission arrives!

Map Name: Fort Fraggem
Author: MFG38
Sky: SKY1
Music: "I Am Jazz" by Jimmy

Screenshot_Doom_20230706_170131.png.0123c87af5c565acbdecbff9b82f02a6.png

I speedmapped the layout in 30 minutes and did the rest over an additional 2 hours or so. It's my first (serious) DM map and pretty rough around the edges, so please be gentle.

mfg_dwango30.zip

On 7/2/2023 at 1:09 AM, Doomkid said:

Hey Rocket, Jmac has pulled out, so do feel free to claim that slot if you are still interested!

If Rocket can't make it you should of course ask Tim Willits to make a map. How could we ever have Dwango 30 without the man who claims to have invented standalone Deathmatch maps? ;)

The library section of the keep is coming along, I do really wish I had more free time this month lol. I've got to really try to grind out as much of this map as I can this Friday :)

books.jpg.4697cb436dece1282886686ab1ff6272.jpg

On 6/6/2023 at 6:15 AM, Mr.Rocket said:

Holy shit, I might wanna get in here!

Is it too late?

I think slot is free for you now. Check out messages above.

Hey I'm sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out of this project after all. There has been a recent family emergency that has popped up suddenly and it wouldn't be healthy for me to ignore my own mental health with all of this going on. It seems there's a few people who are interested in snagging a slot so I trust my slot is in good hands!

1 hour ago, JustAthel said:

Hey I'm sorry to do this, but I'm going to have to drop out of this project after all. There has been a recent family emergency that has popped up suddenly and it wouldn't be healthy for me to ignore my own mental health with all of this going on. It seems there's a few people who are interested in snagging a slot so I trust my slot is in good hands!

Sad to hear that. Hopefully everything goes alright for you and your family!

Meanwhile... Procrastination has gotten to me, I apologize.

1.png.cfacdbf3d4cbaf5e79cd02b78c5c06ed.png2.png.79fea0f0443564a25553ac620b64376e.png3.png.95964c135c9a21b7b5de932cd8c82790.png4.png.1d932d103a85425d6b9cbf840f42a9da.png

Map Name: Buckshots across the Two Forts
Music: Tristan Clark - Hyperspace Highway

DM Spawns: 9, all SSG spawns

Suggested Skybox Texture: SKY01

Playtested on DSDADoom 0.25.6 -cl2, and ZDaemon 1.10.22 local play with the following setups; Duel, FFA 6 players 30 frags, FFA 16 players 50 frags. A little bit large for a duel match, but worked pretty well with FFA matches.

dwa30_antares031_v1.zip

20 minutes ago, antares031 said:

1.png.cfacdbf3d4cbaf5e79cd02b78c5c06ed.png2.png.79fea0f0443564a25553ac620b64376e.png3.png.95964c135c9a21b7b5de932cd8c82790.png4.png.1d932d103a85425d6b9cbf840f42a9da.png

Map Name: Buckshots across the Two Forts
Music: Tristan Clark - Hyperspace Highway

DM Spawns: 9, all SSG spawns

Suggested Skybox Texture: SKY01

Playtested on DSDADoom 0.25.6 -cl2, and ZDaemon 1.10.22 local play with the following setups; Duel, FFA 6 players 30 frags, FFA 16 players 50 frags. A little bit large for a duel match, but worked pretty well with FFA matches.

dwa30_antares031_v1.zip

Looks phenomenal!!

Not don't with my submission just yet, here's some screenshots for the time being.

Spoiler

134398307_Screenshot(203).png.8e39b730f8522334529597183b2cd306.png1893531518_Screenshot(202).png.14ba0057b43ae8da15ce8d0b4ab5e7d4.png

Im genuinely looking forward to this project being completed. All the maps displayed so far have such unique variety but they all look like they will handle very well in a deathmatch setting. :)

Honestly havent seen this much hype since Crucified Dreams came out.

Hey everyone, I meant to do this last post, but the new deadline is Aug 1st. I meant to specify a date earlier :)

On 7/7/2023 at 12:23 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Rocket can't make it you should of course ask Tim Willits to make a map. How could we ever have Dwango 30 without the man who claims to have invented standalone Deathmatch maps? ;)

It would be an honour to have a map in here by the man who INVENTED Doom deathmatch!!

…Of course, in lieu of that, a map by Tim would be fine I guess.

On 7/8/2023 at 6:18 AM, JustAthel said:

Best of luck to you, and no worries at all bud. Take care.

These submissions/screenshots are looking stellar by the way.. Keep up the excellent work people!

12 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

It would be an honour to have a map in here by the man who INVENTED Doom deathmatch!!

…Of course, in lieu of that, a map by Tim would be fine I guess.

If Quake was any indicator, deathmatch maps (or mapping in general) was just about all Tim Willits was good at.

Well, there were a few people eager to take open spots - but none have yet been reclaimed..

9 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Well, there were a few people eager to take open spots - but none have yet been reclaimed..

Perhaps they should be tagged? I can imagine them missing that there are open spots.

I wish I'd had time to pick up a slot (they were really picked up so quickly then in less than a day? that I didn't even have time to see the theme itself, heh).

But at least from the screenshots, the visuals work of many is very good.

On 7/11/2023 at 9:44 PM, Doomkid said:

A week has passed. Mind if I take one of the slots?

Thought I'd share what I have finished before I am unable to map for about a week in 2ish days. There is a drawsegs issue on one of the standable rocks, that I currently can't be... nice version of assed to fix. Leave thoughts, I'll probably fix when I get back.

starstruct_tanning_betawhatever.zip

Title: [no title yet]

Map author: Peccatum Mihzamiz

Music: Torso Liquify by Emperor Spoon @Emperor S P O O N 

Map slot: 13 (because of the sky). I request it be placed in any map slot with the second sky, if possible.
Story: A pentagonal techbase that was partially destroyed with lava creating rocks throughout half the map. After that it seems to have been hit with a blood fountain coming out of the center of the arena. I guess that's what you get for building pentagonally...
Remarks: I imagine the weapon, ammo and player start placements could do with some fiddling. Any feedback on the map is welcome.

Known issues: I seem to be getting some weird kind of 'all ghosts' bug when testing on DSDA. When testing on Crispy, Zandronum and GZDoom this does not happen.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230726_134824.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230726_134950.png

Link to the file

On 7/19/2023 at 1:30 AM, NieMaMordy said:

A week has passed. Mind if I take one of the slots?

You've got it, NieMaMordy!

@Vladguy, @OpenRift, @Peccatum Mihzamiz : Thanks so much for the submissions! I still need to add @t.v.'s excellent assets to the resource pack, but rest assured a compilation with all submissions so far IS on the way.

I didn't realize this when I set the submission date initially, but I'm going to be out of town from Aug 1st to Aug 10th, so please feel free to submit your map any time in that timeframe. Once I'm back I'll have more time to finish up my second map as well.

Keep up the great work!