Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DevilMyEyes

HISPANIC COMMUNITY PROJECT (RC4)

Nice! It'll be fun to make a couple of maps for this

Recuerden que si alguien más quiere participar en cualquier momento pueden mandarnos un mensaje privado a @DevilMyEyes o a mi ya que le estoy ayudando :)

Buenas, yo quiero participar, muchas gracias

Edit: me gustaría reservar el mapa 22, se me olvidó decirlo antes

Edited by Danlex

21 minutes ago, Endless said:

Nice! This looks quite asombroso.

Can I take the MAP02 slot? :D

Se dice bueno o increible tmr.... Yeah do whatever you want with map 2

Hora de mappear por todos lados, ya ni sé si seré el playtester principal del proyecto, o más personas se quisieran meter a ver esa huevada.

Sexy gente a cargo de otro proyecto que dará visibilidad a las capacidades artisticas de este sector pequeño pero ruidoso de la comunidad Doomera. Me tomo el slot 25 para mi mapa!

Mucha suerte!, la comunidad hispana siempre fue grande y me alegra que ahora salga a flote, me encantaria aportar pero creo que pasare esta vez, el tiempo no me da, asi que esperare a que salga con ansias :)

La verdad es que con el tiempo no se si pueda terminar algo para este proyecto, pero me gustaria ocupar un puesto e intentar completar un mapa corto

Sorry to break the streak, but I gotta share my usual tidbit on UMAPINFO and I don't know nearly enough Spanish to attempt to translate it. :P

Short-ish version: You're best off ditching the 32-map format and using UMAPINFO to accept whatever number of maps happen. All relevant ports support it, and it'll make the project better for everyone involved. To quote a previous post of mine:

On 8/24/2023 at 10:29 AM, Xaser said:

Shooting for an exact map count, with pre-claimable "slots", is an antiquated practice, which is particularly troublesome for open community projects like this. A few issues with it:

• There's no guarantee that every person who signs up will actually make or finish a map, i.e. some slots will be empty later on
  • If all slots are claimed, you'll turn away mappers who might have otherwise finished something. This combined with the above point inevitably means you will find yourself with empty slots toward the end of the project.
  • Since mappers are working in isolation, the difficulty curve is going to be all over the place unless you reorder the maps post-submission anyway.

While it's not necessarily a bad thing to have some sort of soft limit (e.g. "20ish maps") to avoid getting swamped with submissions if it gets popular, this situation is rare in practice. You're much more likely to end up with less maps than expected, and many community and team projects have stalled out because of the whole "oh no we're less than X maps, we need more to hit the target" idea. It's an unnecessary burden-- free yourself from it.

No reason to stick to Boom when MBF21 exists either. If you really want exactly cl9 semantics, you can do that with an OPTIONS lump, but the cl21 defaults ought to work out of the box unless you've got a super-niche use case.

2 hours ago, Xaser said:

Sorry to break the streak, but I gotta share my usual tidbit on UMAPINFO and I don't know nearly enough Spanish to attempt to translate it. :P

Short-ish version: You're best off ditching the 32-map format and using UMAPINFO to accept whatever number of maps happen. All relevant ports support it, and it'll make the project better for everyone involved. To quote a previous post of mine:

No reason to stick to Boom when MBF21 exists either. If you really want exactly cl9 semantics, you can do that with an OPTIONS lump, but the cl21 defaults ought to work out of the box unless you've got a super-niche use case.

I'll definetly look into that with umapinfo, thanks for the heads-up. I understimated the amount of people that could contribute here. But I also don't want to go too crazy with many slots as in 60 or 70 maps since this is my first CP and the deadline is already kinda tight. I've been talking with @OceanMadman and we think it could be nice to start with 42 maps now.

Edited by DevilMyEyes

Oooooooooooohh, me encantaría participar pero lamentablemente el timing no es muy oportuno para mí, estoy con mucho trabajo y ya debo 2 mapas para otros proyectos :(

Mucho éxito con el wad, arriba el power de la Ñ! 

Yo hasta ahorita es que ando aprendiendo a mapear, pero si aun queda un puesto disponible a futuro ya tengo algo pensando para hacer de mapa, ademas que esta basado en un parque latino.