Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Flashback - Shareware Episode (download link in first post)

Goodness me, I never thought I would see the day. I spent most of the 2000s looking forward to this. When fbdemo2 came out I jokingly predicted that at the current rate of release we would have the whole lot before 2020, seems I am only off by a couple of years ;).

Seriously I am really happy to see this again, I loved the two demos and the single maps released in dac2005. Welcome back.

18 hours ago, RjY said:

Goodness me, I never thought I would see the day. I spent most of the 2000s looking forward to this. When fbdemo2 came out I jokingly predicted that at the current rate of release we would have the whole lot before 2020, seems I am only off by a couple of years ;).

Seriously I am really happy to see this again, I loved the two demos and the single maps released in dac2005. Welcome back.

Hi RjY. Oh I am happy to hear that. Hopefully the full release will be next year around this time. I have had quite a mapping session the last half year. :) 

17 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

I dunno Torn.

...Sorry, I had to. This looks cool and I'll look forward to checking it out.

Dont worry. ;) Thanks. 

16 hours ago, Noiser said:

This is beautiful s2

Thanks, just pure oldschool ep1 fun with a touch. ;) 

14 hours ago, Searcher said:

Nice to see this.  It is likely going to be a blast.  Looking forward to it.

In my opinion, I feel it is quite fun to play, but I will let you judge about that. 

6 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

That's a real surprise! Waiting to see what you guys have done in all these years....

I am sorry to say, but I am afaid, you might get disappointed. After Espi passed away, I guess I lost faith and passion in the project. This year I finally had an inspiration to get going with maps. Finished up an Episode 2 map (e2m5) and made some changes to e2m2. As well started on most of the episode 3 maps. :) 

3 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I did not know about this one. What made you resume work on it after all these years?

That I felt bad about the project not being done. I feel, this could be a cool wad, when it was / is done. Also I owe Espi to finish it. :) I will included a notes text in the release. 

1 hour ago, esselfortium said:

Congrats on finally getting near the finish line with this thing :)

Thanks for your support. :D

Holy matrimony! I remember the demo, it was in my "wads to keep" folder back in the day many computers ago. I'll keep an eye out for this!

Welcome back! Screenshots look great! What a pleasant surprise this is.

Funny thing @Torn: I found my old copy of fbdemo2.wad on my drive and it's one day older than the one on /idgames. Mine's dated 9th of December. The one on /idgames is 10th of December.

Send me a PM anytime if you need a hand with - or just wanna chat - about Ult. Doom :)

Edited by Chris Hansen

Played the demo many years back. This is a pleasant surprise! Looking forward to this.

4 hours ago, Uncle 80 said:

Holy matrimony! I remember the demo, it was in my "wads to keep" folder back in the day many computers ago. I'll keep an eye out for this!

;) I hope you will enjoy 

3 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

Welcome back! Screenshots look great! What a pleasant surprise this is.

Funny thing @Torn: I found my old copy of fbdemo2.wad on my drive and it's one day older than the one on /idgames. Mine's dated 9th of December. The one on /idgames is 10th of December.

Send me a PM anytime if you need a hand with - or just wanna chat - about Ult. Doom :)

Hmm, thats strange, I am not sure if there is any difference. But fbdemo2 was kinda broken anyway. :/ I am going to remake E3M3 and E3m4. And I will. ;) 

2 hours ago, Somniac said:

Played the demo many years back. This is a pleasant surprise! Looking forward to this.

Enjoy. ;) 

Congrats! Nice to see this back :)

Just an outside-E1 question. Is E2M2 still the same map as fbdemo2 or being replaced? It's the only map I kind of disliked in the old demos.

25 minutes ago, roadworx said:

yayyy it's finally being released :)

it was an honor helping you get this out!!

I am happy you wanted to help me. :) 

3 minutes ago, FrancisT218 said:

Congrats! Nice to see this back :)

Just an outside-E1 question. Is E2M2 still the same map as fbdemo2 or being replaced? It's the only map I kind of disliked in the old demos.

I actually resized e2m2 a bit and changed it around. My plan however is to include original e2m2 in a kind of special episode. I also have one of Erik's maps planned as first map in that episode. 

Oh wow, 20 years in the making. I'm sure Espi would've been psyched to see this, Torn. Good on ya for revitalizing this old project and bringing it this far into the beta stage. 

glad to see ur maps after so long,i guess cc4 was last time i played ur maps

this mapset is amazing esp map 5 and 6 are oddly satisfying i got stuck in map 4 though

my playthrough of m1 to m8 

prboom cl3 uv skill iddt used 

1-4.zip

4 hours ago, Zahid said:

glad to see ur maps after so long,i guess cc4 was last time i played ur maps

this mapset is amazing esp map 5 and 6 are oddly satisfying i got stuck in map 4 though

my playthrough of m1 to m8 

prboom cl3 uv skill iddt used 

1-4.zip

Hi Zahid. Thanks for testing it out. I am in process of watching your two demos. I can see I didnt solve all the issues with E1M4. It is a PrBoom error.  :(
Also I noticed there was a tutti frutti error in E1M3. 

I am happy to hear you liked it. :) 

Edit: both nice demos. I think the problem in e1m4 is the monsters triggering the lifts, so you cant activate them or something like that. :/ 

Edited by Torn

I havent updated this yet. But still, if anyone wants to test / get some episode 1 experience on 10th december, then the download is still here. ;)