Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

Is it safe to record a DEMOx on MAP06? I don't know if there were any errors on that map and I would like to go ahead and create a demo for it.

TendaMonsta said:

Is it safe to record a DEMOx on MAP06? I don't know if there were any errors on that map and I would like to go ahead and create a demo for it.

Sure, go ahead.

Is there another DEMOx slots open left? I'd like to record as said before.

I said:

I don't intend to change my map20.

However, I wanted to tweak it after playing all maps of PRCP test version and watching FDA demos. I sent the final version to Joshy.

Please check PM, and please accept it if there is no problem.

Just a heads up: The midi used in map19 wasn't made by me like it says in the text file. Only the ones in 14, 26 and 27 are by me.

stewboy said:

Just a heads up: The midi used in map19 wasn't made by me like it says in the text file. Only the ones in 14, 26 and 27 are by me.

Not sure if it was my bad, (I made the level) or if the error occured when the map was moved from slot 18 to 19, but nevertheless, PRIMEVAL made the song.

I'm afraid you are waaaaaay too late, man. But feel free to make one, anyway. I like Plutonia maps too.

Okay, we're nearly there! :D

For those who want to put in their demos for the DEMO1,2, etc lumps, please send it ASAP.

Also, FranckFRAG's txtinfo is incomplete (both the map and mapper info), could you send it in ASAP please? :-)

Also, Keeper of Jericho, Valkiriforce, whoo, C30N9, and ArmouredBlood do not have their 'author information' in the txt file, could you please send in yours ASAP?

I think that's it for now. I have assessment tasks to do, so I may not churn out the final product very soon. I would give at least 1-2 weeks before I upload the shiny work.

I posted my txt info here a couple of days ago... On page 34. But I shall post it again. =)

-=-=-=--=-=|Map05|=-=-=--=-=-
Level name : That Flooded Place
Author(s) : Keeper of Jericho
Build time : Couple of weeks
editor(s) used : Doom Builder 1

Music track : Dark Halls (from Doom 1 soundtrack)
Bugs : Yellow key area may cause that visplane overflow.
Inspiration : Congo and Well of Souls
Authors comments : This map almost mapped itself. I had no real plan in mind when I started mapping, aside from the idea of doing a non-linear map and allowing different paths the player could take while hunting for the keys. It's a small map, but I'm quite pleased with the end result.

-=-=-=--=-=|Map21|=-=-=--=-=-
Level name : Asmodeus' Circle
Author(s) : Keeper of Jericho/Belial
Build time : Couple of weeks

Music track : Endgame (the same music as "Slayer")
Bugs : Some areas might still cause a visplane overflow.
Inspiration : "Slayer" from the original Plutonia
Authors comments : This map is a tribute to the original "Slayer" from Plutonia, as it's by far one of my favourite maps ever. A lot of the architecture I made had to change to make this map vanilla compatible. Special thanks goes to Belial for that, for he really helped me making this map a vanilla map. Maybe I'll release the original map seperately someday, you'd be suprised by the differences. Still, I'm happy with the end result released here, and I think it's a good "Slayer" tribute, if I do say so myself.

No, he means the "author information" where you post things about yourself, not level info.

Here is the form:

Contributor :
Also known as :
Email address :
Webpage :
Other files by me :
Personal thanks :

Somehow I did not know of this.

Contributor : Michael Jan Krizik
Also known as : valkiriforce
Email address : krizik777(at)yahoo(dot)com
Webpage : http://www.youtube.com/user/valkiriforce?feature=mhw4
Other files by me : SPEED17.WAD (MAP03 Cold Fist) Doom II Unleashed (MAP13 Realm of Chaos MAP30 Unforgiven)
Personal thanks : The original Plutonia authors for inspiration/God for constant inspiration/all playtesters and MIDI composers PRIMEVAL/stewboy for being so kind as to provide awesome tracks for the levels.

Joshy said:

Also, Keeper of Jericho, Valkiriforce, whoo, C30N9, and ArmouredBlood do not have their 'author information' in the txt file, could you please send in yours ASAP?

Was in one of the PMs I sent:

Level name : Cyberdemon Vertigo
Author(s) : Whoo
Build time : >30 hours
editor(s) used : Doom Builder 2, r2.1.0.1322

Whoo said:

Was in one of the PMs I sent:

Wasn't talking about the map info (got that already) but your information instead. Check out the previous posts to see what I'm talking about. :-)

Contributor : Whoo
Also known as : Whoo71
Email address : kmg1ATmsn.com
Webpage : None
Other files by me : None currently released
Personal thanks : dew and Hawkwind for their extensive and detailed testing of my map.

I've recorded two demos and would like to know which one looks better.

Here is DEMO1
Here is DEMO2

Please understand that only one is to be used and that I didn't make two demo lumps for this wad.

I recorded 3 demos for 3 different maps, I will take only one slot, let the best be chosen.

DEMO1 MAP04
DEMO2 MAP17
DEMO3 MAP09

@Tenda: I think DEMO2 is better.

Contributor : franckFRAG
Also known as : franckFRAG
Email address : fr3nki@hotmail.fr
Webpage : None
Other files by me : FraDM 1
Personal thanks : Wilou and Kira for to have me to encourage to the creation of my map. MegaDoomer, Dew and Hawkwing, for to have help me on their testing of my map.

-=-=-=--=-=|Map08|=-=-=--=-=-
Level name : Rules of Death
Author(s) : franckFRAG
Build time : A few months

Music track :
Bugs : A few misalignments textures
Inspiration : Many maps of The Plutonia Experiment, as the map 03;
map 12; map 13; map 14; map16 and the map 17.
Authors comments : I wanted to make a classic map, by incorporating certains aspects of the first one Plutonia, I also used only the textures of The Plutonia Experiment, for underlined the nostalgic atmosphere.
I am used of to make in boom format, it's interesting to work with the constraints of Vanilla, I had to learn to avoid how the VPOs.

For the music of my map, what is the title? It's not me for the choise of the music (I left you free choice for that).

franckFRAG said:

For the music of my map, what is the title? It's not me for the choise of the music (I left you free choice for that).

Thanks for the info stuff :-)
Annnnd, could you give me the possible music choices I can choose from again?

EDIT: Oops, forgot there was already a tune made by PRIMEVAL, yeah he made it. :3

C30N9 said:

I recorded 3 demos for 3 different maps, I will take only one slot, let the best be chosen.

Your demo on MAP09 was the best if I recall correctly and it displays a really nice level. Is anyone going to change the music for MAP09?

franckFRAG said:

If I recall correctly, that's a song I made called "Wicked Garden."

C30N9 said:

DEMO3 MAP09

Nice demo! However, I updated map 9, so your demo will desync on final version. If you need my map of fixed version, I can personally send you it.

TendaMonsta said:

Is anyone going to change the music for MAP09?

I don't have any sense. I know that the same music as original pl08's is much better, but I don't want to use only it. If anyone can select better music or a musician can make a original track, I want to change into it.

Thanks. If you really want that :P then send me and I'll try to re-record that again. I really loved that map, it is one of my favorite maps with MAP17.

Okies, I've done all I've needed to and it's neaaaarly finished apart from two things: Dew's Map17 and C3N09's Map09 demos desyncs, I've sent you guys the updated maps via PM, could you get your demos done quickly and send them to me ASAP? The megawad will be uploaded to IDgames just after. Thanks!

I was wondering when this'd be hitting the shelves... and now I know :p Glad to see that release is in sight.