Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Doomworld's Desktop Wallpaper Thread [Read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]

Mr. T said:

Ah, it's infrared, that might explain it. I read in a magazine that the whole western/middle of Australia has been mostly free of topsoil and subsoil for several million years, it's just the bare regolith and bedrock of the crust poking up. Is it possible this rock is holding the heat of the daytime sun, which is why it appears on an infrared photo?

It also could be all the alien spacecraft they keep out at Pine Gap.

Mr. T said:

Possible but unlikely, there's not a hell of a lot to burn around there and wildfires are one of the light sources they're filtering out. Super Jamie's explanation sounds plausible, if I wanted to test fly a UFO I'd head for a remote, practically uninhabited spot and central Australia fits the bill nicely.

Why are there always so many dark and depressing desktops whenever a new thread like this gets posted here?

Jodwin said:

Why are there always so many dark and depressing desktops whenever a new thread like this gets posted here?

Hm, so far I've only seen one desktop which could remotely qualify as "dark and depressing". Perhaps I'm just desensitised.

Do people even see their desktops? I almost always have applications covering it up.

fraggle said:

Yeah, I use a Mac nowadays.

What has Google done to you?

Jodwin said:

Mine's not depressing at all! Just slightly kinky :v

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7294/09bigi7desktopbackgroun.jpg

I have a collection of wallpaper that is shuffled, and the folder containing those images are synced by DropBox. Hopefully everyone is able to see them all without logging in:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5zfsnajs6ekrio6/HJGs4CD6M8

The preview won't show as 1080p, but it will if you hit the download button on the lower right corner (while in preview mode).

exp(x) said:

Do people even see their desktops? I almost always have applications covering it up.

On Windows it's pretty easy to click "Show Desktop". On Mac you can create a new Space which will be empty.

My desktop is the epitome of romantic manliness:

Maes said:

My desktop is the epitome of romantic manliness:

I thought you were an XP zealot? Or is that just a Win7 theme?