Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Sounds like FutureTic -- just a reskin with randomly ripped weapon sprites. I don't suppose it's aged well. :P

I'm looking for an old DOOM 2 TC (or partial TC?) that used some hexen sprites.

The only other thing I remember is that the author mentioned in the readme about how he replaced all the music, even slot 33, and that it had some voice clips.

Asking here because I'm not sure which place is better. Anyone knows the origin of the song that plays in Chillax MAP16? Author? anything.

EDIT: missed the Soundtrack section on Doomwiki, found it.

Edited by dmg_64

On 5/15/2018 at 3:40 AM, marver0PS said:

I'm looking for an old DOOM 2 TC (or partial TC?) that used some hexen sprites.

The only other thing I remember is that the author mentioned in the readme about how he replaced all the music, even slot 33, and that it had some voice clips.

Maybe Herian? https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/herian

4 hours ago, Grazza said:

Was it Wheel of Time?

1 hour ago, Mad Butcher said:

I guess I should post the March 1997 update. It was found on a shovelware CD. I wanted to make a thread with screenshots of the new maps but I haven't had the time to play through the final version.

Download: Wheel of Time Doom (final version)

I think that's the one I'm looking for, thank you guys.

Edited by marver0PS

I'm looking for Doom 2 version of RELIVE X2 by memfis. Idgames version of wad requires doom1 textures.

20 hours ago, ChaingunnerX said:

I'm looking for Doom 2 version of RELIVE X2 by memfis. Idgames version of wad requires doom1 textures.

It's tough for me to tell (can't load it up right now) but given the context, I believe that it's meant to be loaded on top of Shamus Young's RELIVE.WAD and use its textures

Edited by kmxexii

This (image at the bottom) i actually played it once on a Zandronum server with Brutal Doom v20 (The framerate was VERY low) other details are that at the starting section (The small room seen in the background) has a pseudo-3D bridge, and that you have to run around looking for keys to open a single door.

help meh.png

I am currently seeking a wad from the 90's. I think it was named Fire Mountain, actually, I think it was from a trilogy of wads. There was even a text file with an elaborate story written up about the Doomguy crash landing a ship, frags a spectre with the plasma gun. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I do remember lots of red rock and lava, and I think there might have even been some marble and wood.

not long ago i was seeing a project i thought was called reeker it was incomplete mod with a Norse theme . doing a search i don't find anything, could anybody point me in the right direction, thanks.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:39 PM, Ed_Deth said:

not long ago i was seeing a project i thought was called reeker it was incomplete mod with a Norse theme . doing a search i don't find anything, could anybody point me in the right direction, thanks.

Hey guys, some years ago I played a doom TC and everything I remember about it that it has big and complicated levels set in fantasy style, maybe a bit gothic themed, it has a lot of new monsters and this WAD is overall a bit hardcore, I remember messing up a lot of times... Also it has different weapons, of which I remember only a shotgun(that one may be the most valuable tip for searching), and that shotgun could use a different type of ammo(alt fires), it's model also wasn't standart, kinda looked like a Brutal Doom shotgun looks like now, but much older...(Yeah, I know my explanations are *something*)
I hope someone will remember what it could be and help me out with finding it!

The one I'm thinking of had a way to kill a cyberdemon without infighting or using weapons?  Like cyberdreams but it was only on the one map in the wad.

On 6/3/2018 at 4:59 PM, OmgRocket said:

Hey guys, some years ago I played a doom TC and everything I remember about it that it has big and complicated levels set in fantasy style, maybe a bit gothic themed, it has a lot of new monsters and this WAD is overall a bit hardcore, I remember messing up a lot of times... Also it has different weapons, of which I remember only a shotgun(that one may be the most valuable tip for searching), and that shotgun could use a different type of ammo(alt fires), it's model also wasn't standart, kinda looked like a Brutal Doom shotgun looks like now, but much older...(Yeah, I know my explanations are *something*)
I hope someone will remember what it could be and help me out with finding it!

Sounds like one of The Inquisitor TCs. Probably the third one.

The Inquisitor

The Inquisitor 2

The Inquisitor III

Looking for the original single-level releases of pcorf's First three Selfish maps.

@kmxexii, I can't find the original releases, but I can find the mini-episode (and its Boom version).

Base version here.

Boom version here.

Admittedly, I'd expect you already have these, but this is the best I can find.

I also just stumbled across his site, and while I couldn't find Selfish on it, I'll link it here for you. Maybe it's there and I just scrolled over it.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

@kmxexii, I can't find the original releases, but I can find the mini-episode (and its Boom version).

Base version here.

Boom version here.

Admittedly, I'd expect you already have these, but this is the best I can find.

I also just stumbled across his site, and while I couldn't find Selfish on it, I'll link it here for you. Maybe it's there and I just scrolled over it.

Yeah, that's not what I was looking for. Thanks though.

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Sounds like one of The Inquisitor TCs. Probably the third one.

The Inquisitor

The Inquisitor 2

The Inquisitor III

Level design is a bit similar to what I recall, but it wasn't the "action RPG" and the weaponry was absolutely different... But though ty for showing this to me, gonna try those, seems decent :)

On 6/4/2018 at 6:56 PM, kmxexii said:

Looking for the original single-level releases of pcorf's First three Selfish maps.

I've got Selfish 3 and 4 on my hdd. But before I give them to you, it might be a good idea to just send Paul a pm. I'm sure he's got them all and would probably send them to you if I know him right :)

7 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

I've got Selfish 3 and 4 on my hdd. But before I give them to you, it might be a good idea to just send Paul a pm. I'm sure he's got them all and would probably send them to you if I know him right :)

I hadn't considered it since Paul overwrote the original three-level series release but yeah, it would behoove me to see whether or not he tucked the originals away.

UPDATE #1: I found the first one, it's DOOM:ONE.

UPDATE #2: I think I sort-of found the second one, I think it's simply part of SGtMarkIV's Brutal Doom Mod

Hey!

I had some Enhancement map packs on my hard drive which recently died. So basically I'm looking for two map packs.

The first one:

- For Ultimate Doom

- Had the original maps enhanced with added areas

- Levels were linked together with additional overlapping levels/areas

- I do remember that there was an overlapping level with a laboratory (?) and it had special enemies. There was another overlapping level with an airstrip, if I remember correctly

- Loading between levels was done on the fly, there was no additional loading screen

The second one:

- For Doom 2

- Enhanced the original levels with additional areas, added more monsters, was just great for brutal doom.

- I do not remember whether the levels were linked together or not

- E1M1 of Doom2 was doubled-tripled in size, I believe there was a heli-pad too, behind a hangar-room with 2 elevators. There were some Cacodemons, Hell Knights. The original long corridor towards the last area had additional branches with items and enemies.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by MEZesUBI