Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom 2016 already marked down to $40 on Amazon

Or maybe people prefer to pay $60 on a game that has more than just Multiplayer (Like Overwatch), Doom Has Singleplayer and SnapMap in addition to Multiplayer .

massivefanofdoom said:

It's more multiplayer, the free 'fixes' are small things that should've been there at release. And most of the new mp content is this one we are paying for. Which should have again been there at release.

In a perfect world, a developer can add everything they want to add all at the same time without the inherent concept of time itself becoming a restriction. Sadly, however, we live in a world where time does exist and it takes a linear forwards path.

For a guy complaining about being attacked for having opinions, he seems really willing to "correct" people for theirs. Mostly with vague assertions like that one.

Jaxxoon R said:

For a guy complaining about being attacked for having opinions, he seems really willing to "correct" people for theirs. Mostly with vague assertions like that one.

Yeah, Troll Logic at it's finest.

Jaxxoon R said:

For a guy complaining about being attacked for having opinions, he seems really willing to "correct" people for theirs.

Lol how Pathetic .

Edward850 said:

In a perfect world, a developer can add everything they want to add all at the same time without the inherent concept of time itself becoming a restriction. Sadly, however, we live in a world where time does exist and it takes a linear forwards path.

No need for passive agressive insults :P :P

I didn't make personal attacks on anyone - I think.

From the way these 2 DLC's were already mentioned way before release, it seemed there was a good chance they could have been in the final product, but id / bethesda purposely released an incomplete mp and this could be their way of squeezing out some more cash from the cow. The fact that they are released so soon after the main product, while sp dlc will probably take a long time, seems to back up both these points.

This is just my opinion, I admit I could be horribly wrong, devoid of being factual, or even plain bitter that we are paying for a game mode that (most) players find inferior to the real selling point of doom (the sp) or simply don't even want it.

Trycon said:

Demo might of helped as well.

Would have been interesting to see them do a demo push but keep the same price at launch to see if it truly did help. In reality though it was a good idea for them to drop the price right before a demo launch.

I wouldn't be surprised part of the payment plan for Certain Affinity's contribution to Multiplayer is a large portion of Season's Pass DLC Profits. A sort of an win-win for Bethesda where if MP fails Certain Affinity's services are cheap or if it sells well both companies make a nice profit. This would rationalize the whole MP Season Pass for a game known and demanded for Single Player.

If this is true, I think we all can agree it's a lose-lose scenario to have a disappointing Multiplayer mode, harming the reputation far worse than having no MP whatsoever. Although I don't mind it personally, just needs more content, popular modes and anti-cheat. I also really want User Dedicated servers.

Looks like Steam has it for $36 in their summer sales

I guess Doom was on people's minds but were still on the fence.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Looks like most people were waiting for Summer sale to get it .

I Guess so, i love Doom 2016 and i'm fan of Doom (Like most people here). But if i was just a random guy that knows about Doom but never played it in the early 90s... Then i may not pay full price like i did.

Linguica said:

Doom 2016 is already marked down to $39.99 on Amazon across the three platforms, assuming you order a physical copy (which is effectively a downloadable copy on PC anyway, at least). Is that... usual? It seems awfully quick for a $20 markdown. Did the game fall far short of their sales expectations?

It's still $60 on the PSN store as for physical copies for consoles (which don't require a patch to play offline) I'm not sure about the prices.

One other possibility is Amazon is just trying to sell more copies than other outlets. Price cuts attract potential buyers faster than gimmicky deals and shoehorned promos. Assuming these are digital copies we are talking about, which is in infinite supply. Amazon is in no danger of losing a profit considering their business stretches to greater areas than these other dedicated game stores. Expect everyone to start cutting their prices soon.

Nearest Gamestop is a few towns away, neither had the time nor a sure way of knowing if they actually had the price cut there (checker thing on the website said they didn't, but the store and I are in the middle of nowhere so who knows). That's a lot of gas and time to spend for a slim "maybe." When I found out Gamestop gift cards never expire, I planned to use an old one from 2012 to foot $40 of the cost for a Steam key. Then I had some issues with the orders being cancelled (maybe had something to do with trying to order as a guest? I dunno) so I just gave up, went for the Amazon deal, and used the gift card to buy the Resident Evil remaster instead.

TL;DR: Things are dumb so I got a physical copy off of Amazon, just hope it arrives in good condition.