Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

rf` said:

That's the entrance to the Deimos base. What else would you use?

Or that. Never thought about that :P

Heh.

Something something inspiration something something blue key area something something touch it and many things come to hurt you.

Something.

(Click for 1080P)

@Jimi, those graphics look fantastic. You should try to make a game out of it, maybe for the iPhone, or something.

raymoohawk: Cool lizard person.

Rayzik: You could add some more lighting contrasts. Maybe those red areas from the ceiling could have some light.

gemini09: I don't have any mobile game devices... unless some tetris device counts, but no idea if it works anymore.

DaniJ said:

FYI: Although it doesn't help you right now, we are currently working on a new model renderer for Doomsday, that supports newer model formats (like MD5) and shifts much of the burden of transforming and lighting model instances onto the GPU. This method should be significantly faster (magnitudes) once completed.

Sounds good. Well, for now I've just made all the characters smooth. Weapons, items and decorations have some hard edges. So far this has worked pretty ok.

All item models have been modelled, except keycards are used for skullkeys too, maybe I make something from the Imp's head. Whatever, started on the decorations. Once again highly unstable & dangerous chemicals are stored without any covers on the barrel tops.

Still needs some name...

* audible gasp * I like how the arches are tan-brown and the support columns have circular tan-brown accents. Stellar. And that little gray silo off in the distance, he's just so cute back there

Looks great but you should add some more ground variation, it looks very sparse there as it is.

ella guro said:

http://i.imgur.com/eW9xlje.png
just messing around with some custom textures taken from various places

It almost looks like a node builder mistake, really odd to look at.
But at the same time it might have been made for another 90's fps game.

ella guro said:

I can't even visually parse what's going on there. Do these green brick walls have paper-thin flaps attached to them? The one on the left even looks like it's perforated along the edges for easy tearing. Why is the floor on the left a black void?

it's geometry? it's just a pic taken at a weird angle, is all

also yeah, i really like the feeling of DF and some of that 90's FPS stuff

I think I finally parsed it. There are two triangular thingies (brown and black) pointing roughly towards the camera.

Da Werecat said:

I think I finally parsed it. There are two triangular thingies (brown and black) pointing roughly towards the camera.

Oh I see it now. The black floor and ceiling attached to brighter walls above and below are confusing.

I think I like the structure -- it reminds me of The Pit and related oddball Sandy Doom2 locales, which is usually a good thing. I don't care much for any of the custom textures used, though, and in combination with the shapes and lighting they make the structure hard to visually parse.

Avoozl said:

Looks great but you should add some more ground variation, it looks very sparse there as it is.

Heh I know but before going to detail the areas I want to finish the general layout as I have some buildings with different heights and I dont want to have glaring sky cut-offs in the visuals.

ella guro said:

http://i.imgur.com/eW9xlje.png

Really interesting geometry at work here, and though the tiling looks a bit odd, I do like the earthiness of the textures.

Shots like this make me want to load up DB and start making crazy maps, when I should be working, hehe.

I got bored and started building a church in doombuilder. I started with the sanctuary. The layout of this room is loosely inspired by the chapel from Kill Bill.

ella guro: Looks quite surreal. Kind of like one Giger's painting, no idea what is the name of it.

TraceOfSpades: Maybe some stone floor would fit better.

I made some Startan and friends. The torch flames animate a little, and the tech pillars have the middle grey part rotating. I may have a name for this now. I think I'll make some more textures & levels, then release whatever is ready.