bnbnb.jpg

hdfhdh.jpg

trtrtrt.jpg

uyuyuy.jpg

gsgsgsg.png

kjkjkj.png

Edited by Agent6

Meanwhile in SS2.

Pretty interesting game and HL seems to have been a big influence in some parts (the train for instance is almost identical to the beta one from HL1 and so is that tunnel) at least the controls are not murder like those in SS1 (I could not make any progress in that game... ) but some parts of it have aged very, very poorly. The levels look very good but seriously what are these character models... And the gameplay so far is quite annoying with all the zombies, terrible jumping, and almost no weapons (the ammo is rather scarce). It's also really slow paced.

dsada.jpg

hgdfhgd.jpg

hhgfhgf.jpg

ytyt.jpg

Here's something that happened to me earlier today playing A Link to the Past. Warped to grab the last heart piece but screwed it up so I had to go back through Turtle Rock again. Poor Link, the struggle is real. 

image.png.8cde21e04efd3acce32880ec60697eb7.png

Good ol' Perfect Dark, I always liked how ominous looking this steel-blue building looks with the red light reflecting off its windows. You can tell that this level was Blade Runner inspired.

wCzrQUh.png

If only it wouldn't be so damn tedious sometimes:

afasfaf.jpg

dasdasfaf.jpg

On 5/28/2018 at 9:45 PM, Chewyninja69 said:

is this Rage?

Yes, my abadoned custom map

12 hours ago, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

usable car vs car only used for decoration1389925065_tru.png.bb12e8d396b88a2afb8daafbf7aedfb8.png

What game is this? Looks like True Crime.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:34 PM, DeadAstronaut said:

Here's something that happened to me earlier today playing A Link to the Past. Warped to grab the last heart piece but screwed it up so I had to go back through Turtle Rock again. Poor Link, the struggle is real. 

image.png.8cde21e04efd3acce32880ec60697eb7.png

It could be worse.

You could have used the wrong attack in Secret of Mana:

som-050-2x.png

Dunno if this is the place for vids, but it's other games & some of the most exciting multiplayer I've had the pleasure of witnessing, so here's the final few seconds of the nailbiter RLCS (Rocket League World Championship) finals last weekend.

Well, considering I'm nearing the end, my conclusion regarding the gameplay: The combat sucks no matter what you do, and the movement is still awkward.

fghsfhsh.jpg

fhdhfhd.jpg

hdhdhdh.jpg

@Agent6 System Shock 2 gets away with having bad combat mainly because it shines on the atmosphere and RPG elements. Oh, and sound design as well!

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

@Agent6 System Shock 2 gets away with having bad combat mainly because it shines on the atmosphere and RPG elements. Oh, and sound design as well!

True. And well it does to shine in other areas, because these 2 aspects of the game certainly don't do it much justice.

4 hours ago, Teder said:

@Agent6 Are you playing this your first time? I'm curious how will you like last level.

Finished it today, and yeah it was my first time with SS2, I could not get into the first game. Overall, I think it's a solid game and thus its reputation is justified, but it most certainly does have some major flaws. No matter what I did the combat and movement remained awkward, and the ladders were also terrible. The possibility of weapons to break also only added insult to the injury since there's not many resources to find early on, but I liked the fact that the game can be finished with the same weapons you can obtain at the beginning of the game, such as the pistol and the shotgun. Other, more advanced weapons aren't exactly a viable option considering that ammo for them is not easy to come by, or is expensive. Despite this, it's a brilliant mixture of FPS and RPG and the game itself aged decently, with the exception of some of the models, geez just what the hell are these humans and annelid hybrids... For a game that took heavy inspiration from Half-Life it sure did a couple of things worse than it...

Now then, proceeding to your actual question, well, I really liked the design of the level where Shodan resided, as well as The Body of the Many which was right before that, it truly felt like I was inside a living organism, which is exactly what it's supposed to be. I also got a few late Xen vibes here and there, the water for instance reminded me of the healing pools a lot. As for the final battle in itself, well, it was underwhelming and annoying, I liked that it was short and straight to the point, but seriously, hacking a few interfaces to bring her shield down while the floor periodically shocks me and her holograms attack me at inopportune times was not fun at all. For an arena kind of battle, it sucked, but, again, it was very short at least. The end game cutscene was fun, that "Nah" the player says was awesome :v . It was also surprising, apparently Shodan was not eliminated. Damned cliffhangers, I really wonder what followed but it doesn't look like a SS3 is ever happening, and more recently, it looks like the SS2 re-imagining is in hiatus, if not actually cancelled...