• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

The 12 Days of DOOMMAS! December Speedmapping Event [WAD RELEASED]

Better nate than lever! Part 2!

Map Name: Grandma Got Gibbed by a Cyberdemon
Author: BluePineapple72
Music: Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer MIDI (by ?)
Sky: Resource Default
Format: BOOM
Difficulty Settings: Minor Ammo Changes
Build Time: Just over 8 hours
Comments: Really proud of how this turned out. Make sure to play carefully, you can rush to the end with only one key... but it won't be easy.
Screenshots: I'll post some later. Too lazy right now.

I forgot to post this in here earlier, my submission:

Map Name: O Tannenboom

Author: WeirdSandwich

Music: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree (MIDI version from resource pack)

Sky: SKY1 (from resource pack)

Format: Boom

Difficulty Settings: No, only UV

Comments: Open the package at the end of the map to get the computer area map and see your Christmas present!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Iiubijw.png

XSfcp4X.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nezzeflrownn51u/OTNBM.wad?dl=0

Map Name: Lumps of coal

Author: Black Shuck 97

Music: James Bond Golden eye N64 "Caverns theme"

Sky: Default Xmas sky

Format:  Boom 

Difficulty Settings:  Just UV 

Comments: I had an idea that you the UAC marine as Santa's little helper was sent to a distant mountain side where you clean off Santa's naughty list. Hence the name Lumps of Coal. Just this place is riddled with the blood of the Shuck... Beware its rather toxic...

Also expect a few angry demons along the way.... they've already taken a few of Santa's previous helpers... So try not to be the next one on their list!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

image.png.bc654520dc1d5075c0c668a794a2df4f.pngimage.png.0dfd23d03bf7995a6dafb7052c74f756.pngimage.png.ebb30f00fb781416ef58548a7a844842.png

Download: Lumps of coal.zip

Edited by Black Shuck 97

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Merry Christmas everyone! Ho ho ho!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snow is falling, reindeer are flying, arch-viles are doing that bubbly gurgle noise thing they do, and the fourth installment of the Pineapple Under the Sea Monthly Speedmapping Series has left a very nice gift under a tree near you! 15 uniquely wrapped 10 sectored gifts are here and waiting for you to rip and tear open this Doommas! Unfortunately for you, there are also 75 arch-viles under the tree. Guess you shouldn't have been such a naughty kid this year, huh.

WAD File: 12 Days of Doommas

Port: Boom Compatible

Mapinfo lumps have been included for Zdoom based ports.

- Jumping/Crouching Disabled

- Freelook Optional

- Pistol Start enforced.

IWAD: DOOM2 - Map01-15

Resources: Compiled in wad file. Credits attached.

Comments: Mapset created as part of a monthly speedmapping series. Maps are ordered in chronology of submission. Rules/gimmicks mappers followed are in the original post. For boom ports, idclev pistol starts are greatly encouraged.

MAPLIST:
Map01:

MAP01.png

Dragonfly.png

@Dragonfly kicks off our festivities with a hot start in the cool cool snow capped mountains of Christmas hell. Yup, demons celebrate Christmas too. Get used to it.

Spoiler

wb98lT1.png

Map02:

MAP02.png

Danlex.png
I imagine you’ve got a question ruminating, “where do all the gift wrapped soulspheres come from?” @Danlex has the answer you’re looking for! With Santa Inc. Headquarters, you’ll stop wondering about the strange nature of this Holiday Hell and start wondering, “who cut the cheese?”

Spoiler

fYVW6qZ.png

Map03:

MAP03.png

Dynamite.png

A PUTS Speedmapping veteran, @DynamiteKaitorn claims his subsequent MAP03 to give you three things: a blissful romp through snowedin brick halls, an explosive finale, and two keys that don’t do anything. I guess that makes for four things, really.

Spoiler

dvfiUYL.png

Map04:

MAP04.png

Tele.png
@Telemassacre gives us a cool, cool, little map here. Short and sweet, tears of joy will stream down your face as nostalgic memories of destroying the lives of penguins return to you. “You’re the world champion sledder, you know. Whaddya say? How about a race?”

Spoiler

oJrrAXF.png

Map05:

MAP05.png

Muumi.png

The Korvatunturi must die. Or so says @muumi, who puts the massacre in Christmas. What you’ll do to these gnome folk will surely be worse than what happened to Officer Nordberg. That is, if you’re not a pacifist. You’re not, are you?

Spoiler

02POouB.png

Map06:

MAP06.png

TOVA.png
If you’re looking for a fight, @TOVA is going to give you one.  Not the BFG though; you’ll have to earn that. I died 100 times playing this map. No really. Watch the video.

Spoiler

AycUScq.png

Map07:

MAP07.png

Pierrot.png

Another returning PUTS mapper, @Pierrot tells a tale of cold revenge with the nuance and subtlety of Tchaikovsky as you hunt down the evil Former Santas that have stolen your gifts! Also like Tchaikovsky, this map is a blast.

Spoiler

wTi1aEG.png

Map08:

MAP08.png

Death_Bear.png
@Death Bear gives a 10 sector salute to the map that everyone has started and immediately quit: Underhalls! All of the Map02 hallmarks are there; the sewer gameplay, the keyed off shotgun guarded buttons, and of course, the 4 Cyberdemons. Don’t forget your boughs of holly.

Spoiler

Aaow02c.png

Map09:

MAP09.png

Pecc.png
Debuting mapper @Peccatum Mihzamiz releases his first map within this mapset. Standing boldly among the rest of the crowd, Peccatum crafted a homely little village for you to slaughter the population of. Playing this you’ll be sure to have a merry Doommas.

Spoiler

Pw8a3KJ.png

Map10:

MAP10.png

TrialD.png
Years of Doommas rage have boiled over in @TrialD's heart. He asked Santa for a gauss cannon, but got a ballista instead! Screw milk and cookies! Ol’ Saint Nick is getting a knuckle sandwich this year.

Spoiler

VxRQ7eq.png

Map11:

MAP11.png

MWG.png
Get your shoes and socks on people! @MAN_WITH_GUN has returned! He opened up Boss Battle Bonanza with a darkness that had no end. This map of his has cruelty in the title. You might wanna roll your sleeves up for this one.

Spoiler

3KUtw0r.png

Map12:

MAP12.png

Weird_Sandwich.png
Wrapping up our festive cheer, @Weird Sandwich returns to the PUTS to remind us what Doommas is all about: giving. You’re sure to give these demons hell as you climb this captivating conifer. Atop this tree is the greatest gift of all: a computer map. Wow! Thaaaanks!

Spoiler

jTplN4x.png

Map13:

MAP13.png

BP72.png
Oh wait? What’s that? There are three more gifts under the tree folks! That’s right, @BluePineapple72 has returned to obliterate any positive feelings Weird Sandwich may have instilled within your cold and aching heart, as he and his quartet of cyberdemons turn grammy to mist and dump a lump of coal in your stocking to remind you what Doommas is really all about. While speaking in third person no less!

Spoiler

DLW9PgJ.png

Map14:

MAP14.png

Black_Shuck.png

This is where all of the really naught children are sent. @Black Shuck 97 has crafted a lump of coal so black and... coal-like, that your tears will burn if you find it in your stocking. We're not sure if that's legal.

Spoiler

B79gsKa.png

Map15:

MAP15.png

Exopro.png

Finishing up this megaWAD, @exoprogamer gives us a short and sweet map to cool you off after the burning fury of the past few maps. Feliz Navidad!

Spoiler

1GS6o38.png

Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

This event was an absolute pleasure to put together, and I am eternally grateful to those who have participated in this and past events. Stay tuned, for there are many more to come in 2021!

In fact, I’ve got something secret planned for our next Speedmapping Event in January:

CCC-fancy.png

Brandish ye Linedefs! Forsooth, ye haveth to prepare thouself to secrete thee spheres of souls and shoulder bags.

Huzzah!

Past Events:

Boss Battle Bonanza

Trick & Tear

September Under the Sea

Edited by BluePineapple72

Version 2 is out

Update to MAP14

- Made Blue Key door repeatable: prevents softlock.

- Updated DEMO2 file courtesy of @Pierrot

- Updated MAPINFO to include resethealth

- Updated CREDITS image to DOOM format. Previously in PNG.

There's a problem with map01 when I try to run on PrBoom+. It appears I can't pickup the items and I can't seem to shoot through enemies nor activate any of the switches. Is this a bug?

I'm also able to walk through enemies even with the no clip cheat off.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

This is definitely a bug. The version of the map I submitted does not exhibit this issue.

The version you just posted looks to be the same one as in 12days-v4 on the archive, except the music you just posted is different from the one in the wad. The only odd thing with the one on the archive is that CWILV00 is in the middle of the map lumps, between SECTORS and REJECT. I don't know if that affects how prboom+ handles reading map structure when loading a map, but that's the only thing I can see.

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Mr Icarus played the WAD for his Christmas stream this year. ;^)

Apparently he didn’t have enough Archviles in Trick and Tear 2. 🤣 pain is the name of the game, it seems. I feel like Blue would agree. Merry Doommas, everyone!

On 12/14/2021 at 6:52 PM, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

The version you just posted looks to be the same one as in 12days-v4 on the archive, except the music you just posted is different from the one in the wad. The only odd thing with the one on the archive is that CWILV00 is in the middle of the map lumps, between SECTORS and REJECT. I don't know if that affects how prboom+ handles reading map structure when loading a map, but that's the only thing I can see.

Sorry for bump this old thread.

I tried what EffinghamHuffnagel mentioned, and i can confirm that makes map01 works properly.