Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

The Unity Port Thread - PS/Xbox/Switch/IOS/Android

Obviously none of you are understanding the exceptional quality (of cringe) that is Gman's review of the Unity port. Seldomly has a reviewer seen the mark, aimed, and overshot what the port does. Its a shame, because Gman tends to cover a lot of obscure stuff.

Sadly this had to be prepped a lot better. Its not like detailed information is that hidden.

On 9/12/2020 at 5:50 AM, QuaketallicA said:

This is why GOG is better than Steam. Steam forces you to use the latest version to use any game. GOG lets you install any previous update, so terrible console ports like these aren't forced on players.

In a world where the Steam version actually gives you a choice as to which version you want to pick, you are apparently playing the game without being aware of that.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, Avoozl said:

Well I don't want to use the Unity port I don't seems pointless to me, I won't be using it they can shove it for all I care. I was tired and mistakenly I said bethesda instead of ID.

Your dislike for Bethesda seems to affect the structures of your sentences.

4 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I had a dream last night that they added a mod to the Unity Port. This is my second DOOM related dream ever. It was a fake mod that added two new weapons to maps that had a similar style to BTSX. I wish I could explain it more, but it was literally one part of a dream (that turned out to be a nightmare).

Gman: "Something as simple as choosing the incorrect hardware renderer can result in the scorn of an entire gaming community."

Also Gman: "If you're playing this on the PC with a controller at this point, you really are dead to me."

I love this guy, but c'mon. I've been actually playing Gzdoom currently with my Xbox One controller because my mouse just suddenly seemed to die and I gotta say, it plays very smoothly. So yeah, don't know why people even to this day are still so elitism with K+M.

Yeah, something is messed up on Gman's end since a little while. Even thought, overall, I really do enjoy his videos. Still suscribed. But, I vary my sources more when it comes to this kind of review.

I started No Rest for the Living on Nintendo Switch, opened the automap, noticed that the map name is kind of a mess, with both "MAP01:" and "Level 1:"

Pick one and only one, it'd be cleaner. :)

nrftl-switch.jpg

1 hour ago, chungy said:

I started No Rest for the Living on Nintendo Switch, opened the automap, noticed that the map name is kind of a mess, with both "MAP01:" and "Level 1:"

Pick one and only one, it'd be cleaner. :)

Redownload the wad. ;)

18 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Redownload the wad. ;)

You have to do that for updated add-ons?

I did not expect that, but I'll try it.

1 minute ago, chungy said:

You have to do that for updated add-ons?

Yeah, there's no automatic system for it unfortunately.

yeah.... alright. It really needs one. I've noticed another bug while I deleted and redownloaded everything: the d-pad buttons on the "Available" list don't work properly after downloading one. I have to back out all the way to the main menu and re-select Add-Ons to make it work properly again.

Good decision to not keep that nonsense around, but it seems he's now doubling-down and playing the victim card for supposed harrasment. Wow.

The kind of persons who think that you're abusing them if you point out what you did wrong. And I thought I was a trainwreck.

When someone points out a flaw in a thing you made and you cry "abuse and harassment", that's not taking an L, that's earning another one.

43 minutes ago, Allard said:

When someone points out a flaw in a thing you made and you cry "abuse and harassment", that's not taking an L, that's earning another one.

If he goes full circle, its LOL.

6 hours ago, seed said:

Good decision to not keep that nonsense around, but it seems he's now doubling-down and playing the victim card for supposed harrasment. Wow.

The kind of persons who think that you're abusing them if you point out what you did wrong. And I thought I was a trainwreck.

If truly harassed then you have to find out if Gman is a racist or has debateable ideas about current day social topics.

If yes then apparently the modus operandi is to harrass away.*

*But that should never be the case, obviously.

I haven't seen anyone ask this yet, but why did the resolution of the automap get changed? Is this a consequence of the previous version rendering the screen at a high 4:3 resolution and the automap being drawn with pixel-doubling at that resolution? I say because now that the game is being rendered at 852x400, the automap looks extremely chunky.

By the way, a couple of pages back someone had D64 For DOOM 2 crash. Well, I just fired it up today and it actually worked.

48 minutes ago, Allard said:

By the way, a couple of pages back someone had D64 For DOOM 2 crash. Well, I just fired it up today and it actually worked.

Oh no wonder. I had an outdated wad. Woops.

That said, the Motherdemon is quite glitchy, flickering back to Spider Mastermind sprites in pretty much all of its actions.

I know this is now the Unity Port Thread, but it was originally the Add-on thread, so I'm just going to ask, does anybody else think they might add a new add-on to DOOM 64? They are releasing that physical copy (although that's by Limited Run Games), so I'd imagine that there would be some new content available on DOOM 64 to get people to buy it. 

1 minute ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I know this is now the Unity Port Thread, but it was originally the Add-on thread, so I'm just going to ask, does anybody else think they might add a new add-on to DOOM 64? They are releasing that physical copy (although that's by Limited Run Games), so I'd imagine that there would be some new content available on DOOM 64 to get people to buy it. 

It's Bethesda we are talking about. They don't need good reasons or content to justify "Deluxe Editions" of games under their banner. I see that new release for what it is. An excuse to cash in on an old product that regained some popularity due to the game being a pre-order bonus of another title.

But, to be fair, that metallic fake N64 cartridge is rad.

Hey, I just accessed my PS4 DOOM game, and saw an update for DOOM/DOOM II. I searched up patch notes, and they are hard to find, because DOOM 2016 had a 1.08 update and that was huge. Just wondering what the patches were.

44 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Why, really? They already added something extra to the re-release.

42 minutes ago, Thermal Lance said:

It's Bethesda we are talking about. They don't need good reasons or content to justify "Deluxe Editions" of games under their banner. I see that new release for what it is. An excuse to cash in on an old product that regained some popularity due to the game being a pre-order bonus of another title.

And it sucks that the PC version of Doom 64 has some issues that Kaiser, Rocket Punch, Quasar, and Nightdive want to address (e.g. the busted DirectX 11 shaders, errors with a few of the game's music, some leftover errors in the default config file, a bug in the Baron's melee damage code) and Bethesda wants to screw them over from ever fixing these issues.

10 minutes ago, AmethystViper said:

And it sucks that the PC version of Doom 64 has some issues that Kaiser, Rocket Punch, Quasar, and Nightdive want to address (e.g. the busted DirectX 11 shaders, errors with a few of the game's music, some leftover errors in the default config file, a bug in the Baron's melee damage code) and Bethesda wants to screw them over from ever fixing these issues.

Bethesda is pulling an Atari... (See Blood Fresh Supply.)

1 hour ago, AmethystViper said:

some leftover errors in the default config file

Yeah uhh, we would likely have never "fixed" that regardless. Just about every game we do has old stuff in the default config and we extremely don't care, given it extremely doesn't matter. The console is a power user function and thus its output is unimportant. 

1 hour ago, AmethystViper said:

1 hour ago, Thermal Lance said:

Bethesda is pulling an Atari... (See Blood Fresh Supply.)

Considering how minor these issues are, combined with the costs associated with QA and getting patches certified, I don't really blame Bethesda for not wanting to pursue this right now.

This is nowhere near a "Fresh Supply" situation.

I just looked up the patch notes again, and found this. It says there was only one glitch that was fixed. That seems incredibly now for a patch. Is there anything else this article missed?

I'm still hoping that this port becomes available in GOG so that I don't have to double dip.

On a related note, are the dosbox iwads in the steam release still 1.9 (which they were for the past several years), or are they the versions with the pill graphics and no nazis?

On 9/12/2020 at 7:03 AM, Avoozl said:

Well I don't want to use the Unity port I don't seems pointless to me, I won't be using it they can shove it for all I care.

What is the logic here? It's now the best option in terms of convenience and features for today's players. Obviously if you already have an older release you don't need it. But for those who don't there's few better options. 

9 minutes ago, Danfun64 said:

On a related note, are the dosbox iwads in the steam release still 1.9 (which they were for the past several years), or are they the versions with the pill graphics and no nazis?

To my knowledge the recent ports now have the Wolfenstein SS but the nazi iconography on the textures has been altered. Pills are gone but the crosses a green instead of red. 

Edited by Super Mighty G

9 minutes ago, Danfun64 said:

They're unchanged.

13 minutes ago, Danfun64 said:

It's only the version of the MS-DOS Doom IWADs sold through the Bethesda.net with Doom Classic that has the Nazi imagery and Wolfenstein SS soldiers were removed for Doom II and the medkits using the BFG Edition pill icons instead of the cross in both games from what I remember seeing in Dwar's first video covering the Unity port.

54 minutes ago, Danfun64 said:

... are the dosbox iwads in the steam release still 1.9 (which they were for the past several years), or are they the versions with the pill graphics and no nazis?

The with dosbox playable IWADS are the original uncensored 1.9 version of DooM II and the original version of Ultimate DooM. The crosses are red and the WW2 imagery unchanged.

Greetings

Funduke