Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

DWANGO30 - Celebrating 30 years of Deathmatch! [Community Project - ALL SLOTS FILLED]

So is my map going to be put in a slot with a dark sky or a brighter sky? I just thought I'd ask so I'd know how to go about setting light levels for the exterior.

So much good work being done, I'm very pleased with everything I'm seeing so far. There'll definitely be some (minor) changes needed to improve flow with just about every map, even the one I'm currently working on I'm sure, but overall this is shaping up fine already!

@YeOldeFellerNoob Please do feel free to make a MIDI for your map!

@Peccatum Mihzamiz Absolutely! If anyone drops out, you'll be first in line.

@OpenRift I'll leave that to you to decide! That goes for all mappers - feel free to design your map specifically for any of the given skies, and I'll lump them all in the appropriate mapslots. If there's spillover (let's say 15 maps want to use the orange sky), it can be handled with a MAPINFO lump for all the MP ports.

Dang this looks wild, good luck on the project! I'm certainly looking forward to playing the result.

Version 0.1 of my map. VERY unpolished, didn't get a very good idea of what I am shooting for, though now I am going to theme it off of classic DWANGO (Basically Map01 of DOOM II).

I am posting this to see what you guy want me to change about it. It has been a while since I made a DM Map, and even then I only made like 2 completed ones. The music is a remake of SS-MAP01 (The DWANGO Theme). Was planning to do something creative with it, though it turns out that you really can't do an orchestra with just 16 tracks. If you get around to playing this, please, please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give me some feedback.

I was trying to go for a figure 8 track in this map, which is pretty barebones compared to most DM maps. The idea was to keep the action going no matter where you were heading, so I added multiple short cuts and different "rest stops" to help keep from getting monotonous (I wouldn't say multiple, more so, the bare minimum).

Enough talking, here are some screenshots and the WAD itself.

DWANGO30Map.7z

Screenshot_Doom_20230605_232946.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230605_232957.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230605_233014.png

1 minute ago, YeOldeFellerNoob said:

Version 0.1 of my map. VERY unpolished, didn't get a very good idea of what I am shooting for, though now I am going to theme it off of classic DWANGO (Basically Map01 of DOOM II).

Before anyone says anything, yes I am aware the "3===0" looks a lot like a penis. I am TRYING to change that while also making it good for a line of items.

add me to the extra slot please. I have one DM map ready, which was made for a similar project, which I left before it released.

My map for the project:

Speedmap Galore

"Speedmap Galore" will be the name of the map, and I'll find music for it soon. The map is Hell-themed, fairly simple, and well-balanced.

Screenshot_Doom_20230607_081108.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230607_081116.png

I'm really sorry guys, I have to drop out. I'm going thru some shit and feeling really uninspired. Rather than fart out something haphazard, I rescind my slot to someone who can use it better. 

I'm gonna be taking a momentary break from Doom. I'll be okay, I just need some time to recoup and come out stronger than ever :)

5 hours ago, Ludi said:

I'm really sorry guys, I have to drop out. I'm going thru some shit and feeling really uninspired. Rather than fart out something haphazard, I rescind my slot to someone who can use it better. 

I'm gonna be taking a momentary break from Doom. I'll be okay, I just need some time to recoup and come out stronger than ever :)

No worries - I hope you'll feel better soon! 🙏

7 hours ago, Ludi said:

Good luck, stay safe, hope everything works out. A shame, but it's alright.

11 hours ago, Ludi said:

I'm really sorry guys, I have to drop out.

No worries, and take care of yourself.

On 6/5/2023 at 6:12 AM, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

Late to the party. Is there a waiting list I could join? If so pretty please put me on it <)

Well Peccatum, looks as though a slot has free'd up c:

On 6/6/2023 at 2:15 PM, Mr.Rocket said:

Holy shit, I might wanna get in here!

Is it too late?

On 6/6/2023 at 9:51 PM, NieMaMordy said:

add me to the extra slot please. I have one DM map ready, which was made for a similar project, which I left before it released.

Hey fellas, all the slots are indeed filled, but it would be very surprising if at least two others do not drop out, based on my experiences running community projects. I know you're both rock solid mappers so I feel bad turning you down. I'll let you know right away if a slot opens up -=Mr.Rocket> and I would be happy to use your existing map in a slot if it opens up, NieMaMordy.

--

Those screenshots are looking great, you've all been hard at work I can tell. I'll give you all some more solid feedback/notes/potential revision ideas within the next couple days after some testing!

Woohoo, thank you! I'm reworking a PUSS: Lover's Quarrel Deathmatch map that I started but never finished! Here's some screens (other resource pack). I'm making it smaller to get the flow better.

It's a temple building to the east, with an open court that's been destroyed by nature to the west. With a central tower that will replace the tiny 5 pillars in the middle (not pictured). Any thoughts on this already are welcome.
pecca03.png

pecca01.pngpecca02.png

Hello I finally made map for this project.

Map Name: The Waste Cave

Midi: 9-D2-10-HereticE2M7 (simple music from Heretic E2M7)

Player Start Points Count: 6 (not counting that Player Start No.1 which i used to testing this map)

I took insperation in making this map from Doom 2 Map 5 (These brown bricks and cave walls). I think this map is good both for muitple players and duels.

Ok here is file. 😊

https://doomshack.org/uploads/D30-TheWasteCave.wad

Progress on my map:
LATBWJC.png

You may notice that the layout looks quite like a BFG/Plasma Rifle! haha

Having fun playtesting it. I wanted to go heavy on the details which resulted in a basic but fun layout. I need to finish the outdoor area as well as provide more shotguns, a BFG, and a soulsphere control point (one of them might get a timing trap too).

Also, can I use MAPINFO to change the sky texture for my map? Or should I move the mapslot from MAP01 to MAP12-20 so that the sky texture changes to SKY2?

(I apologize for the double-post, but I think adding my submission is good enough to justify that :] )

Here's my submission for this DWANGO tribute:

Name: Jump the Guns
Author: Al-Faris M (don't forget the hyphen!)
Ports Tested: Zandronum, Crispy Doom
Map: MAP12
Music: Beach from Plok! (Composed by Tim and Geoff Follin, MIDI sequenced by Sam Wolff and Ahmad Cathcart)
Deathmatch Starts: 9
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Build Time: In about 2 and a half days
Description: A two-segment map with both a techbase and an E2-styled theme. Most player spawns come with super-shottys and chainguns. There are 4 secrets, two of them are quite easy to get and the other 2 require careful attention to looking at some walls.

LMrb60Q.png

GkALliP.png

AlFarisM-JumpTheGuns.wad (Google Drive)

Edited by Al-Faris M : specified number of deathmatch starts

1 hour ago, Vladguy said:

Feelin the same, except my map is very unfinished. Leave thoughts, suggestions, feedback, the rest.

starstruct_tanning_verybeta.zip

• I don't know why there are two outdoor areas which are almost identical and located near each other, but this is just a WIP so I won't judge this map too harshly; I suggest you to add obstacles in these areas and/or sector height verticality as well as lifts, sniping ambush areas, control points that provide powerups and power-weapons, etc.. I also suggest that the outdoor areas should have a different layout from each other.
  • The flow of the map - in the sense of "map layout" - goes well except for the issue that there aren't many weapons laying around the player spawns, resulting in most of the players having to wander around the map looking for a single SSG and chainsaw.
  • I like the way you put the green armor on one of the crate boxes.

WIP, my map will be done before 24 june for sure. :)

The famous contenair ship "Evergreen" is stuck in the Suez Canal. The pyramids can be seen far away in the background as well.

bdfElA.png
5WnblA.png

Edited by Roofi

On 6/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, Roofi said:

WIP, my map will be done before 24 june for sure. :)

The famous contenair ship "Evergreen" is stuck in the Suez Canal. The pyramids can be seen far away in the background as well.

bdfElA.png
5WnblA.png

That looks awesome, I love the detailing.